FedEx Freight | CORPORATE communication FEEDBACK

November Vid

Mike welcomed 3 new QDM “expert” members...

Welcomed new CFO, Claude Russ, Replacing Don Brown.

The VP of Strategic Planning & Development, spoke about a new Freight Handling competition (Championships?). This will coincide with the National Truck Diving Championships, ending in August..

Sounds pretty cool (to me) :1036316054:, and likely to encourage participants to master their craft. If it provides a similar incentive to the NTDC, it will likely raise the bar significantly for those who accept the challenge.

I wonder what percentage of a shift must include dock, for one to qualify to compete. Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

See dates in pic:
MvfQbWf.jpg

Adviser- Project management- M. Hill spoke on topic of honoring our Vets, as well as the Hiring Heroes project, targeting returning Vets for employment recruiting.

Also mentioned trees for troops, FedEx effort providing trees to the families of deployed service members...

Finally, Mike ended this by “Thanking All”, and expressing Thanks for being part of the team.

Last but not least, a reminder to be safe...

Last edited:
Easier to read about the video and a time saver.
Man, I think everyone should watch 'em for themselves. I hope the opportunity is afforded to all. I could easily miss something. Besides, what happens if I miss one? Or when the time comes for me to move on? Somebody else might need to step up... :wink:

Last edited:
Anyone seen the DECEMBER video? We are told locally that the disc has not yet arrived. I wonder if this is a local issue, or a widespread situation. I guess, more specifically, the question is, has there been any group viewing of the video? Are we going to have to watch it on the office computer? We know it has been available on the intranet since Dec. 19. :scratchhead:

RJRhs0r.jpg

Anyone seen the DECEMBER video? We are told locally that the disc has not yet arrived. I wonder if this is a local issue, or a widespread situation. I guess, more specifically, the question is, has there been any group viewing of the video? Are we going to have to watch it on the office computer? We know it has been available on the intranet since Dec. 19. :scratchhead:

RJRhs0r.jpg
@ our barn we haven't seen a video since October. Watch out boys since the Union talk has died down the screwing is about to start.

@ our barn we haven't seen a video since October. Watch out boys since the Union talk has died down the screwing is about to start.

You can only watch the video on the intranet by yourself at the 4 union yes centers. There is no group or pre-shift viewing of it. BTW union talk has not died down at union centers, maybe everywhere else is has because the is no more interest in the union.

So, no one on T/B has seen the Dec. video? I'm told that the disc never arrived at my center, leaving one option. Watch it on the intranet. Few will do that, but I did. I'll share a little bit when I get a chance. Maybe tomorrow, unless someone else has seen it and wants to share a summary... :welcoming:

DECEMBER VIDEO

Since the official disc never arrived at the local Center, I had to watch it on the office computer. Not a huge deal, but we know that few are going to pursue that method of viewing.

Mike announced a new campaign, focused/based on the living PSP philosophy. A different concept will be presented each month. This month, “Be Here Now” is the focus. Living fully in the moment, without distraction, in order to strike a better work/personal life balance. He requests that we make an extra effort to leave work at work. Focus fully on your time away from the job. Enjoy time with family, personal life etc, without distraction.

Leads across op-cos was highlighted, with the story of a guy from Express, who bought in lots of new business for the Freight side. The Freight box provided just the solution this customer needed, to the tune of 200 freight boxes so far.

Leadership team meeting in Cleveland reviewed the results of the Communications effectiveness survey (we did talk about that here). Thanks was offered to all who participated. Results from that include the new layout on the intranet homepage, and coming soon, a system to archive emails and all preshift topics, just in case you miss one (or two?). Also, they heard loud and clear requests for digital signage, at all centers.

If you missed the survey, you are encouraged to send all suggestions to the email address used for feedback on these video topics. More on that in a moment.

The trees for Troops program was highlighted, as well as the Salvation Army/Angel Tree program. Both programs providing an opportunity to give back to the communities we serve.

Finally, in closing... Safety Above All was stressed, every day, in everything you do.

On the topic of “Be Here Now”, I have to give Mr. Ducker high marks for putting this front and center, not just for the intended holiday viewing window, but as a worthy goal for all of the time... There are many in leadership who should pay attention to this as well.

Since no one has publicly said anything about this video, I have to think few have actually seen it. For that reason, I think it might be worth posting the email address for suggestions/feedback on these Corporate Communications Videos.. The address is fxfmedia (at) fedex (dot) com. Mike said long ago, he wanted to hear from you. The only stipulation was to keep it clean. Sounds reasonable enough. Tell Mike what you think, I know I will...

I would think this different concept should be reinforced at least weekly in pre-shifts. Perhaps there should be a poster or flyer posted on the monthly concept by the schedule. The communications survey was not pushed at all here compared to the main yearly survey. I suspect I was one of the few that did take it. Part of that was due to a very short time period of notice we were given and the other is because the computers are not conveniently located for drivers to participate. All was noted in my responses.

Jan. Video:

We will be brief, as it would be best to view it yourself.

Mike on location at Birmingham, AL (BHM). He always seems to enjoy being on location, in the field.

This month's focus on Living PSP: "At Your Best". He encouraged everyone to use all benefits available. Vacation, tuition reimbursement, etc. Bottom line, stressed the benefit taking better care of yourself.

3 Million step challenge. Register and receive a pedometer. See video

John Smith spoke on Safety first and the significant gains made in past year. The largest improvements being in lost time injuries, and DOT preventable. Numbers provided. See video.

On quality, claims paid continue to improve, year over year. Numbers provided. See video.

FREIGHT HANDLING COMPETITION EXPLAINED. Registration open Jan. 4th-29th. Finals will be held in Orlando, FL, to coincide with the National Truck Driving Championships. (Looks like a golden opportunity for anyone who works on the dock). It looks like drivers can compete. See Video

Goals for 2nd half of FY2017 defined. See video.

BHM's 120 day injury free milestone achieved. Additional gains highlighted.

CFO Claude Russ encouraged staying informed via investor relations website. ir.fedex.com and shared some key numbers.

SVP H/R, Jeff Greer explained the AIC payout.

In closing, Stay Safe and some video of what to expect in the Freight Handling Competition. See Video.

I actually caught this video and tried to get the pedometer or as it was sold to me "a free Fitbit". The free pedometer program was terminated on the 17th due to demand. When I checked there was approximately 2800 signed up out of a hopeful 5,000 participants. So we basically the company didn't even have half the free pedometers for those we hoped to participate? Yes you can use your own if you have one or wish to purchase one. I was going to participate but due to this issue I will not. A billion dollar company and we can't even purchase enough cheap pedometers for a "FedEx Cares" program.

I actually caught this video and tried to get the pedometer or as it was sold to me "a free Fitbit". The free pedometer program was terminated on the 17th due to demand. When I checked there was approximately 2800 signed up out of a hopeful 5,000 participants. So we basically the company didn't even have half the free pedometers for those we hoped to participate? Yes you can use your own if you have one or wish to purchase one. I was going to participate but due to this issue I will not. A billion dollar company and we can't even purchase enough cheap pedometers for a "FedEx Cares" program.
Sounds like quite a large number were told about the program, long before the rest of the class was told. I'll bet a significant number still don't know. A majority? Perhaps.

Another small example of the value of timely & consistent communication.