FedEx Freight | CORPORATE communication FEEDBACK

Yep, proving you wrong time and time again is crap and it has led to you ruining another thread!!

Im sorry wanna be smart guy but stoping to make a company related call from my cell phone is not cutting corners in the name of efficiency. It's called getting the job done and not pawning off long distance phone calls off on unsuspecting customers. I had 2 customers today with out of state (long distance) numbers. It happens and im not the low life who is going to make a long distance call on a customers phone when they are nice enough to let you use their phone. You live in a dream world and as stated if everyone used the system like they should we wouldn't have to use our own phones but they don't.

Im sorry wanna be smart guy but stoping to make a company related call from my cell phone is not cutting corners in the name of efficiency. It's called getting the job done and not pawning off long distance phone calls off on unsuspecting customers. I had 2 customers today with out of state (long distance) numbers. It happens and im not the low life who is going to make a long distance call on a customers phone when they are nice enough to let you use their phone. You live in a dream world and as stated if everyone used the system like they should we wouldn't have to use our own phones but they don't.
You do realize that your center has an 800 number....don't you?? It's toll free...that means it's a free call for the customer, the company foots the bill.

You do realize that your center has an 800 number....don't you?? It's toll free...that means it's a free call for the customer, the company foots the bill.

What are you talking about? I was calling a customer with a long distance number what does our center having a 1 800 number have to do with what im talking about???

How about giving city drivers an allowance for cell phones. I have made up to 12 + calls in one day for fed ex on my personal cell phone.

A perfectly reasonable suggestion. Never said it was required. Valid observation

It's a shame we can't have serious thread without some know it all spouting off gibberish ...
Valid observation
1 Your about as bright as a cloudy day, I told you not to ruin this thread with your normal crap and you did.
Valid observation
More crap from you with no substance. It's a shame you have ruined another thread with your normal :shhit:.
Valid observation
Yep, proving you wrong time and time again is crap and it has led to you ruining another thread!!
Did you really prove anything? :nono h4h: Even if you had (you didn't), was it necessary?:shrug: Guess we should have had a stand alone personal phone thread...

A perfectly reasonable and substantive thread, muddied up. Kind of a shame, Red.

What are you talking about? I was calling a customer with a long distance number what does our center having a 1 800 number have to do with what im talking about???
Hmmm....so you didn't want to call a customer who has an out of state, long distance number from another customer's phone??

A perfectly reasonable suggestion. Never said it was required. Valid observation
Really??
1) As you pointed out, he can use his brick to communicate without having to use his cell.
2) As Ump pointed out, the company already provides us with a 22% discount with most cell providers in lieu of an allowance.
3) As I pointed out, using your cell phone is your CHOICE, leave your phone at home for the day and I'm sure you'll still get by.

Valid observation

Valid observation

Valid observation
These three "valid observations" are a result of his own incompetence and his spouting off gibberish about nothing.

Did you really prove anything? :nono h4h: Even if you had (you didn't), was it necessary?:shrug: Guess we should have had a stand alone personal phone thread...
Yes, I proved him wrong on several occasions...had you not been so shallow and actually read the whole discussion, you would've seen the same. Another thread, no...he just can't deal with a differing opinion, especially when it comes from me and it proves him wrong, so he goes off on another one of his rants.
I'm beginning to question if CT is using your rear for a hat or if you're using his?? :idunno:

A perfectly reasonable and substantive thread, muddied up. Kind of a shame, Red.
Yes, CT has a way of muddying up most threads but your response is typical from your side....blame someone else!!

...As Ump pointed out, the company already provides us with a 22% discount with most cell providers in lieu of an allowance.

... your response is typical from your side....blame someone else!!

1) The Company doesn't provide you with a discount. Verizon, or whoever the carrier might be, does. And it is certainly NOT in lieu of...

2) Yeah, that's me, playing the blame game, as usual... OK, I'm good with that.

Why is it that this even has to be a debate? CT would like to see a cell phone allowance, since it helps the company run more efficiently. You want NO PART of that. Fine. I do like it, but really don't care that much. Do we really need to go round and round for 3 pages? You are the only one who seems so adamantly opposed. I think we all get that.

Last edited:
Fdxe gets two breaks in addition to a lunch break?
We get questions if more than a minute over our lunch break. How do you guys keep undercutting us on price?!? You get OT, a small one but still a pension, cheaper health insurance, higher hourly rate, discounts everywhere and still can underprice us?!??

Moving on...

How about my suggestion that we increase the 2 ten minute breaks to 2 fifteen minute breaks? Are you adamantly opposed to that too?
Nope, I agree, although it doesn't matter to me either way since I don't take the two 10 min breaks they give us anyways.

1) The Company doesn't provide you with a discount. Verizon, or whoever the carrier might be, does. And it is certainly NOT in lieu of...

2) Yeah, that's me, playing the blame game, as usual... OK, I'm good with that.

Why is it that this even has to be a debate? CT would like to see a cell phone allowance, since it helps the company run more efficiently. You want NO PART of that. Fine. I do like it, but really don't care that much. Do we really need to go round and round for 3 pages? You are the only one who seems so adamantly opposed. I think we all get that.
1) Semantics...FedEx negotiated the discount on our behalf...or vice-versa, either way the discount reflected on your bill "should" cover the cost of the amount of company related calls made comsidering you should have unlimited calls as part of your plan.

2)......

I considered it a discussion. The company used to provide cell phones for the city drivers, they did away with those about the same time we started getting discounts with the various cell providers. It's not that I want no part of it, I just don't see it ever happening IMO. I agree, guess we all should go back to not responding to his gibberish, that should save two and a half pages atleast!! Since you, CT, and I are currently the only ones who have consistently been on here for the last two days and since you're obviously going to agree with everything he says, that leaves me as the only one to play devil's advocate to point out as to why it won't happen.

They are said to be moving toward an android device for next generation communications/documentation. I doubt it will have the phone feature activated, but we'll see. :idunno:

Hmmm....so you didn't want to call a customer who has an out of state, long distance number from another customer's phone??

Lol and you say I have a reading comprehension problem. I guess I could spell it out with a crayon maybe you could understand that. Verizon discount is a joke im not paying 75-100 more a month even with that discount. This issue has nothing to do with you yet you continue to give us your opinion even though you don't know what your talking about. Next time I have residentials or need to call to have one meet me or get ahold of dispacth I will send a message on intermac wonder what will happen when I bring that freight back because that message was never replied back from them.

Lol and you say I have a reading comprehension problem. I guess I could spell it out with a crayon maybe you could understand that. Verizon discount is a joke im not paying 75-100 more a month even with that discount. This issue has nothing to do with you yet you continue to give us your opinion even though you don't know what your talking about. Next time I have residentials or need to call to have one meet me or get ahold of dispacth I will send a message on intermac wonder what will happen when I bring that freight back because that message was never replied back from them.

75 or a 100 more than what? With AT&T I pay $130 for two phones unlimited talk and text and 6 gigs of data you might need to shop around. We had a guy who refused to use his phone he did everything over the intermec, he was also one of the biggest crybabies. I still agree that a cell allowance would have been a nice gesture considering dispatch used my phone plenty as did I for customers but you could certainly get away without one..

Do we really need to go round and round for 3 pages?
Do you see now? I ask a simple yes or no question and he goes off on another rant without answering the question...he's incapable of having a discussion, conversation, or a debate but somehow that's my fault I guess!!