Yellow | cost cutting

longblade

im here to make you uncomfortable
Credits
I need an answer to a tough question .
We keep hearing about all the expenses of fuel ,dock cost new lanes all the bull .does any1 know if they will cut any management costs ? at 120 they still have just about the same amount of foremen tom's atms now as the had when we were run at full power [ down to about 30 from over 200 ] but management with 30 + years at top grade is still there they get rid of position but just rename those position to keep the same old guard on watch. i would say that the management cost's are more than the dock cost so whats the deal ???:duh:

313 is concentrating on cost savings by not purchasing soap for the dispensers.
?
I have mentioned to some sups at 313 how interesting it is that we have half the guys on the seneority board now but still the same amount of sups.
Of course they get defensive saying they were working short sups earlier.

I think that management overhead has been cut in the field as terminals were consolidated or dispatch set up remotely or TM's running multiple locations.

Consolidation of "back office" functions in Overland Park eliminated a lot of jobs in Akron.

The syngergy "hatchet harry" has been turned loose again. We lost a sales rep and sup but then they replace the sup with two with two new ones to do his job and these guys have no clue about freight (former supervisor at the Ford plant and a retired military guy from the navy) Guess he'll teach us man overboard drills on the dock.

At terminal 859 we have twenty-three Teamsters on our board. For management we have a Terminal Manager, an Operations Manager and a Dispatcher. We Teamsters run both the I/B and O/B shifts.

At terminal 231 we have
NO terminal manager
2 operations managers
5 in relay
1 sales
8 supervisors
69 dock bids and getting screwed soon, some might to go a terminal near you!

at 120 when we have an overlap day with mngmt [i think wed] i think its 1 for 1 ratio. It seems the two in charge like to keep a cushion below them

At terminal 231 we have
NO terminal manager
2 operations managers
5 in relay
1 sales
8 supervisors
69 dock bids and getting screwed soon, some might to go a terminal near you!

mmb1980,
I heard your TM went to Dallas, is this true?At one time, he was back here in New England.:smilie_132:

yeah, he was a nice guy, just had to take what the company offered i guess, i guess this buffalo terminal didn't make the service, didn't protect claims, didn't protect of the things that should be protected, he probably went to dallas cause this is a "troubled" terminal and sure as **** we are cause we're a losing terminal, i'm originally from 120 and my old man is still there and he'll never get a 40 hour week ever again thanks to these silly coo's, i guess it's time to pack my bags again after 2 years and head to newburgh and get a cdl while i'm at it, if they play more tricks like this down the road, there will be nobody to work the freight cause everybody will be fed up with moving around every 2 years like they work at a 2 year circus show, can't wait to work the dock with the 14 hr casuals someday, i'm not gonna tell them how to load a trailer the right way cause they screwed my current brothers by taking their jobs away from all these coo's, all i have to say to yellow is, if it ain't broke why fix it

can't wait to work the dock with the 14 hr casuals someday, i'm not gonna tell them how to load a trailer the right way cause they screwed my current brothers by taking their jobs away from all these coo's, all i have to say to yellow is, if it ain't broke why fix it

I would have to disagree......it`s not the fault of the $14/hr casuals. They are just people looking for a job during this recession we are currently in. By treating them poorly (not showing them how to load a trailer, not helping them) gives all Teamsters a bad name, many non-union folks already consider Teamsters to be lazy, arrogant and greedy thugs, let`s not make this reputatiuon any worse by treating others poorly. I do what I can to help out the new guys....we were all new to this business at one time or another.

C.O.O. or not there will always be someone that thinks a "new guy" is taking jobs from away from their place of employment.....not always the case my friend

..........just my 2 cents:funky:

:smilie_132:

ok ok, i'll teach them if they are willing to learn how to load freight without breaking it if they put effort into their job, if they don't give a damn about the job then i don't give a damn about them cause i'll lose my job over their crappy performance, i guess that kind of attitude is better but who knows, maybe i'll be transferred again and again so all this hard work don't make sense if i keep going to a losing terminal