FedEx Freight | Cost of healthcare

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but you’re pissing in the wind bro!! Haven’t you heard that truck drivers know EVERYTHING...every nuance, every loophole, all the in’s and out’s...even though most healthcare experts couldn’t figure out Obamacare!!??!!

After all, there’s a reason why most healthcare companies have consolidated (perhaps they should’ve hired truck drivers to run their companies instead)...and where I live (in NC), there’s only one company left (BCBS) that even offers Obamacare, the rest quit!!

Now we have “some people” who somehow believe being self insured is a lucrative deal!! If that were the case, wouldn’t every company be self insured??

I seem to remember you thinking our insurance met the threshold for Cadillac tax also. Are you mad because you were proven wrong? I'm sure being self insured is not cheap, but you have to have money to make money in this case.

I seem to remember you thinking our insurance met the threshold for Cadillac tax also. Are you mad because you were proven wrong? I'm sure being self insured is not cheap, but you have to have money to make money in this case.
No one “proved me wrong” as I still claim not to know everything about the insurance industry/Obamacare and how it works, to claim you do and that you’ve proved anybody wrong on the subject is ludicrous at best.
Again, if that were the case then every company would be self insured or insurance companies wouldn’t have sold out to their competitors.

No one “proved me wrong” as I still claim not to know everything about the insurance industry/Obamacare and how it works, to claim you do and that you’ve proved anybody wrong on the subject is ludicrous at best.
Again, if that were the case then every company would be self insured or insurance companies wouldn’t have sold out to their competitors.

Sorry but you were proven wrong on the Cadillac deal just like all the other clowns that claimed the same thing you did. Like I said you have to have money to make money, and not every company could afford to be self insured. Here is a good article on the subject. http://www.spencerjamesgroup.com/self-insurance-for-businesses/

Facepalm you're the one selling mis-information, yet you're calling someone else stupid. :clapping:
Must be tough going thorough life as a dumbass. Bottom line is I had great insurance until Democrat Obamacare came along. Then I had "ok" insurance at a lot higher price. But I'm sure you have this pegged as a conspiracy between FedEx and the insurance companies to **** you over and reduce your health insurance.

Ya, I'm sure you still put your face between your legs and whine about what could have been.

Must be tough going thorough life as a dumbass. Bottom line is I had great insurance until Democrat Obamacare came along. Then I had "ok" insurance at a lot higher price. But I'm sure you have this pegged as a conspiracy between FedEx and the insurance companies to :censored: you over and reduce your health insurance.

Ya, I'm sure you still put your face between your legs and whine about what could have been.

Ya it must be tough being a dumbass... you could write a book on it. Bottom line is don't spew mis-information then cry and whine when everyone calls you out on it. I don't cry and whine about insurance, but I will call it like I see it. A lot of clowns on here like you can't speak objectively on these matters, guess you guys are afraid of losing you're spot under the bosses desk.

Sorry but you were proven wrong on the Cadillac deal just like all the other clowns that claimed the same thing you did. Like I said you have to have money to make money, and not every company could afford to be self insured. Here is a good article on the subject. http://www.spencerjamesgroup.com/self-insurance-for-businesses/
Again, no one “proved” anything. You can assume or speculate all you want but unless you’re in the insurance industry then you don’t know.
That was probably the most generic article I’ve ever read, who wrote that...a six year old??

Again, no one “proved” anything. You can assume or speculate all you want but unless you’re in the insurance industry then you don’t know.
That was probably the most generic article I’ve ever read, who wrote that...a six year old??

Lmao ok. Let's recap you claimed our insurance qualified for the Cadillac tax, and back 2 years ago Hoot Owl made you look like a clown by posting the numbers released by the government on what qualifies for that tax... guess what our insurance wasn't close. You were proven wrong, now whether you want to be a man and admit you were wrong is on you. Generic article I bet you could have wrote a better one. :hilarious:

Lmao ok. Let's recap you claimed our insurance qualified for the Cadillac tax, and back 2 years ago Hoot Owl made you look like a clown by posting the numbers released by the government on what qualifies for that tax... guess what our insurance wasn't close. You were proven wrong, now whether you want to be a man and admit you were wrong is on you. Generic article I bet you could have wrote a better one. :hilarious:

Fred Racer can't admit he was wrong.

No, I said we were approaching Cadillac status which is why they changed our plans. Unlike you, I like and respect Hootowl’s opinion (he’s earned it) but that still doesn’t make truck drivers experts on healthcare...

But since you claim to know everything about healthcare, I’ll toss up a few underhanded softball style pitches for ya to see if you can hit them...

• What is the fee/tax that companies must pay each year just for the right to be self insured under the ACA?

• Is this fee/tax based upon the number of employees covered or is it just a lump sum?

• Is this fee/tax counted towards the cost of the healthcare plan?

• How much did FXFE pay last year alone just to cover this fee/tax?

Hint: You won’t find these answers in some generic article written by a six year old!!

Side note: This fee/tax is just one of several fees/taxes that companies must pay under the ACA

No, I said we were approaching Cadillac status which is why they changed our plans. Unlike you, I like and respect Hootowl’s opinion (he’s earned it) but that still doesn’t make truck drivers experts on healthcare...

But since you claim to know everything about healthcare, I’ll toss up a few underhanded softball style pitches for ya to see if you can hit them...

• What is the fee/tax that companies must pay each year just for the right to be self insured under the ACA?

• Is this fee/tax based upon the number of employees covered or is it just a lump sum?

Hint: You won’t find these answers in some generic article written by a six year old!!

Side note: This fee/tax is just one of several fees/taxes that companies must pay under the ACA

I guess I can dig it up to prove you wrong once again, but if I do you will probably just dance around it, and not admit it like now. I could care less about any fee or tax they have to pay to be self insured, but it probably proves what I have been saying all along you have to have money to make it.

Here you go now start dancing and moon walking.
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/the-union-debate-thread.65416/page-281#post-962031

Here you go straight from government, less than a million for our whole company.
https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care...research-trust-fund-fee-questions-and-answers
Any more brain busters?

Last edited:
Wrong answer...again, as usual!!

It has been awhile but what I actually said was “on the doorstep” which is the same as “approaching”...

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/the-union-debate-thread.65416/page-273

Still waiting for you to prove where I “claimed our insurance qualified for the Cadillac tax”...keep looking boy!!

Here you go straight from government, less than a million for our whole company.
https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care...research-trust-fund-fee-questions-and-answers
Any more brain busters?
Not sure why I thought your comprehension problems had been cured!! :idunno:

The PCORI is just one of several fees/taxes that self insured employers AND health insurers must pay...I ask how much do companies have to pay in fees/taxes just for the right to be self insured??

Keep looking boy!!

Wrong answer...again, as usual!!

It has been awhile but what I actually said was “on the doorstep” which is the same as “approaching”...

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/the-union-debate-thread.65416/page-273

Still waiting for you to prove where I “claimed our insurance qualified for the Cadillac tax”...keep looking boy!!

My gosh you're a genius. Look the link I posted was after the link you posted. You apologized and said you were wrong. Lmao how dense are you?

Not sure why I thought your comprehension problems had been cured!! :idunno:

The PCORI is just one of several fees/taxes that self insured employers AND health insurers must pay...I ask how much do companies have to pay in fees/taxes just for the right to be self insured??

Keep looking boy!!

No need to keep looking the link I posted was from the government. Keep acting like you have some secret information that doesn't exist. :clapping: