R&L | Cost of living increase

B.O.B

TB Lurker
Credits
Any one heard if we are getting a cost of living increase this year? I heard that we was not getting a raise but another personal day instead.

I haven't heard anything but it would suprise me if we did with everyone else in the ltl world taking cuts or not getting raises.

When a company takes something away from you, that means you will never get it back,We will just continue to make them richer ,while we struggle and bust our butts to make a living!!!

You should get your one year raise... As far as a cost of living raise, well maybe they will and maybe they wont. We got an across the board scale increase last year.

I would love to have extra personnel days. Actually, I would like to see them allow the personal days to accumulate. Would be nice to have days available when needed. Allow them to reach a max of 7 days in your account. Anything over that would be paid in the spring like they have always done.

Would also like to see them lower the amount of years for your 3rd vacation week. This job is very taxing on the body and we get abused daily. Right now the stress levels are so high...it's ridiculous. I cannot wait till next week when I'm on vacation...I need a break.

i beleive we should be more concerned that we have a job.
yes i would like to have our yearly raise also but having a job right now is better than wondering what i'm going to do when i get my last unemployment check.
if i get it thats good but i'm just glad i'm working.

You should get your one year raise... As far as a cost of living raise, well maybe they will and maybe they wont. We got an across the board scale increase last year.

I would love to have extra personnel days. Actually, I would like to see them allow the personal days to accumulate. Would be nice to have days available when needed. Allow them to reach a max of 7 days in your account. Anything over that would be paid in the spring like they have always done.

Would also like to see them lower the amount of years for your 3rd vacation week. This job is very taxing on the body and we get abused daily. Right now the stress levels are so high...it's ridiculous. I cannot wait till next week when I'm on vacation...I need a break.
old no 7 have fun on vacation mine starts may 11 then 1 a month for 4 months

I hear you grabagear...

People always want more. I want more family time and less stress in my life. I like my job, but some days I truly hate getting out of bed. You never know what you are up against from day to day. Happy Easter everyone.

I hear you grabagear...

People always want more. I want more family time and less stress in my life. I like my job, but some days I truly hate getting out of bed. You never know what you are up against from day to day. Happy Easter everyone.

Im sorry if i sound selfish but it is still hard to start out at the bottom. done did 4 times in the last 25+ years.

I totally agree with you here.The stress level has been difficult to deal with.

I would love a increase but out west we are about two dollars above most ltl and get a ton of hours, I been reading yrc page lately and I kind wrote off any increase in my mind thank god for my job after reading that plus conway out here took a huge decrease that seems to be the norm these days all 401k matches are gone for most all companys left I bet we loose ours soon

I would love a increase but out west we are about two dollars above most ltl and get a ton of hours, I been reading yrc page lately and I kind wrote off any increase in my mind thank god for my job after reading that plus conway out here took a huge decrease that seems to be the norm these days all 401k matches are gone for most all companys left I bet we loose ours soon

I bet we won't lose our 401-k match...They just paid this money out last month for our contributions in 2008, and if they were going to keep the money from us, they certainly would have done it now...

I guess we will have to wait until March 2010 to see if they keep the company match from us...

As far as a raise, I will go out on a limb and say we will get 50 cents....

from what I hear it's the same as last year. If you are at top rate you get a cost of living, if not you will get your annual raise but nothing more. Just the word on the street.

Don't really care if we get a raise or not. I'm just glad to be working and doing good. Another personal day would be nice,but I think that you are just starting a rumor. What ever happened to splitting our vacation weeks up and using the days individaully?

Don't really care if we get a raise or not. I'm just glad to be working and doing good. Another personal day would be nice,but I think that you are just starting a rumor. What ever happened to splitting our vacation weeks up and using the days individaully?

You can split your vacation days up and take them individually...We do it at our terminal...

I am glad to be working also, but a raise would certainly be nice, considering the fact that we have been working a lot harder, and have been more productive than we have ever been before...I believe the company is doing well, and most likely make a decent profit...

Mr. Roberts is a fair and decent man, if the numbers are there for him to do it, he will give us a raise..

Raise or not, what can you do? NOTHING, so just accept whatever, and be thankful...(Which I think you are, based on your post).

I agree company is doing very well, and what better way to show potential new customers that we are here for the long haul, by being the only LTL outfit to give raises to it's hard working employees!!! That will show new customers that they can rely on us to service their freight,and that we are not struggling in this bad economy!!!!

where are you at?? i even called corp and they told me that we cannot split our days,
yes we can unless the rule change this week,i took april 9 and 10 as vacation,even in the vacation form the bottom section is for individually vacation days.