XPO | Could be worse.

Lost Cause

TB Lurker
Credits
Although I am not very happy with all the crap that we have had to deal with such as pay cuts, 401k match stopped, loss of vacation, loss of pension, trucks MPH turned down and the oldest trucks on the longest runs. But after visiting the YRC boards... well I guess it's not to bad for us. Remember what your parents used to tell you... "Just when you think you have it bad, somebody else has it worse.". :Off-Topic: Anyone know what kind/brand of trucks we will be going to since Sterling will no longer be building them after 2010? I was just curious. Personally I hope we get the new Volvo day cabs. They are very nice! I know that we have had some Kenworths and Internationals up in the XDE yard that those guys have been driving, but I haven't heard one way or the other.

What makes all of this even worse is that Conways stocks closed today at over $41.00 per share! Where is our senority on vacations and 401K contributions. We'll never see it! :nutkick:

Gotta luv Conway!

The ones they will be going with are the ones you're driving now.

I think you might be correct.

Most terminals seem to be short on power so they're gonna have to do something. I wonder if they have looked into buying used lease trucks like Penske or Ryder day cabs. Slap on some decals, add a pintle hook, and keep them in a general area so only one or two shops need the parts and equipment.

I think you might be correct.

Most terminals seem to be short on power so they're gonna have to do something. I wonder if they have looked into buying used lease trucks like Penske or Ryder day cabs. Slap on some decals, add a pintle hook, and keep them in a general area so only one or two shops need the parts and equipment.

From what I understand the company wants to standardize their fleet so as to save bucks on having to carrry parts for many models...

We may see some general lean toward one model in the near future.

Rat

I've got a photo that I took with my multipurpose electronic gadget that may offer a clue as to what kind of truck we'll be getting. However, I'm technologically challenged, and can't figure out how to get it from "my pictures" onto a reply post. Can anybody help me out here?

Well, I'm too new to Truckingboards to post a URL, but the photo is uploaded to Tinypic. Search "new truck", and it's the latest photo posted.

2vxhxfm.jpg

Thanks snaildriver.

Did ya look at it from the rear and see the chrome fifth wheel?

i read last year that cfi old trucks were going to be our new trucks. they are going to take the bunk off and one axle. this was posted in con-ways newsletter. CFI will still be on a four year cycle. but does it really matter what truck we drive? as long as i do not have to pay for it or pay the repair bills