FedEx Freight | Countdown to wed!!

Im mobile only now,couldnt get decent high speed at my house without paying out the nose.

feel the burn driver...

captureujo.png

Ok I'm really confused. The supposed "BIG" meeting was rescheduled for next Tuesday yet apparently there were meetings throughout the country about humdrum petty stuff? What gives?

And the current freeze on transfers? I think some of you are riight. I think their enjoying messing with our heads.

I think really a lot of it is us messing with our own heads. Man some of the rumors I've heard lately are just crazy! And what blows me away is some guys believe 'em.
Drivers build and build on the rumors till it freaks 'em out. Especially since the big shake up at the merge. The merge made a lot of folks gun shy. And understandably so in some cases.

birddog said:
Learned in our meeting that the company is operating at a 97 and they want to get it down to a 90 by having less damage and better communication within the system. Talked about the survey, apparently there is going to be no bonus, at least not for a while according to our scm. They have rerouted some of the economy freight but all in all we learned about much of nothing. We were told we were leading the industry but with a 97 compared to OD'S mid 80's I think we have a long way to go. Anyway it was a bs meeting they could have covered with a handout and saved an hour on the clock. Oh one more thing, they have ordered some new equipment and if your terminal has a shop it will be the one's with the older tractors so the ones withuot a shop don't have to tow a tractor to a shop for repairs so much.

My center has a shop. We still get new trucks. Our road puts almost 14 million miles on in a year. Our city puts in almost 2 million.

Cody said:
Had our meeting. Whole lot of nothing about nothing. FedEx Corp is debt free with 2 bill in the bank. Going to improve freight profits by reducing road costs. That's it there ya go. Throw out the kool aid.

The meeting everyone is concerned about is next week big changes out west because anything that can go on rail will and any center capable of running triples will benefit greatly... freight is about to be slimmed down and very efficient...Texas will be hit the hardest

Last edited by a moderator:
truckingBORED said:
How do they plan to reduce road costs, Cody?

Nothing specific other than for economy rail when possible and purchase where there is no back haul. We know about as much now as before the meeting.

"economy by rail" will eliminate many good runs. Sounds much more dire than you suggest, I suppose it depends whether or not you pull economy freight!

My center has a shop. We still get new trucks. Our road puts almost 14 million miles on in a year. Our city puts in almost 2 million.

We don't have a shop, but, we did get some new west coast KW's earlier this year, does that count???

Come on guys! I don't like this anymore than you do but if you've read previous threads you'd know it was scheduled for next Tues although my SCM officially told me yesterday that he'll be dropping big news next Wednesday

We had survey result meetings today. Ho Hum. Like we actually care about the survey results. Like ANYTHING will change because of them.

Hooterville, please pay attention. ACTIONS speak a lot louder than words. Take all the surveys you want. You'll NEVER know the true temperature of your employees until you respect them enough to actually TALK to them. That's right. They may have to be in your immediate vicinity. Sorry. We'll try to get them to shower and use soap.