ABF | COVID Vaccine

This is a great thread. Different points of view , yet respectful to one another. And I like how you all handled the bull in the China shop!

I've had both of my shots ( Pfizer ) no real issues , a sore arm where the shot was given.

Where I work ( XPO ) most people's opinion was against vaccination. Personally , I respect their decisions and don't tell anyone else what they should do.

We had a linehaul driver pass away (4/19/21 R.I.P. Ron Hicks ) after less than three weeks of battling Covid-19. He was 59. He never missed work with a lot of health issues and he quit smoking several years ago. He wasn't super overweight , and he didn't have a hard time getting around. He was your average 59 year old man.

My point is that if Covid-19 wasn't real and he didn't catch it , my friend would STILL be alive. He was scheduled to receive his first shot the Saturday he checked himself into the hospital ( he wasn't allowed to get the shot because he wasn't feeling well and unbeknownst to him , it was already too late )

Whatever you decide , please be careful and take the situation seriously and use FACTS to make the best choices for you and your loved ones.

Apologies for the long post.

Are we going to be forced to use are PTO if we decide to get the COVID vaccine? We had a dispatcher leave got it & came back to work, we should have the same opportunity. After all we are essential....Right?
Do they not offer weekend vaccinations in your area?

That is good to hear Retread. My oldest daughter (school teacher) had a fever and chills for two days after her second shot of Moderna.
Me and my family (4) had both shots of the Pfizer, without any problems about a month ago. My daughter had a sore arm for a couple of days. My son developed a little bump at injection site. Good luck with whatever you decide.