Crash On Edens Spur...Again!

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Another Multi-Vehicle Crash On Edens Spur

Crash snarls Edens Spur again <---Watch Video!

Multi-vehicle crash on Edens, again

picture7wk5.jpg

Thank you for putting the link on.
Geez 2 REAL BAD wrecks in just less than 24 hrs.
Just a little FYI.
There is about 3 miles of open road between 2 areas of road work.

2 days in a row?
Is this stretch of road to difficult to navigate,or is it driver error?

I'm no crash reconstruction judge,but my opinon as a former UPS Freight smith trainer would to be to ask how everyone can make it safely through this area every other day of the year?

So my take on these 2 crashes is drivers not paying close attention to their path of travel,as well as the speeds of the vehicles ahead of them.
Using the smith system I believe both of these crashes could have been prevented.

2 days in a row?
Is this stretch of road to difficult to navigate,or is it driver error?

This stretch of road is on my regular run. It's partly design flaw ( 2 lanes merging into 1 ) and part aggressive driving to beat the pack to that merge. Throw in heavy 70+ mph traffic coming into whats supposed to be a 45 mph constuction zone and you get chaos. Fortunatly I don't have to travel this route in the daytime anymore.

you drive in chicago there is alot of agressive drivers in 4 wheelers and big trucks thats a recipe for disaster and it happens quite often

Me 1st... You 2nd.....

It's become an &quot;ALL ABOUT ME&quot; World.
With diesel hitting 5.00 a gallon would'nt ya think driver's would be slowing down,unbelivable stuppidity!!!

When I was a city driver for my long 45 year career.
I had a short saying I was always willing to share with the youngsters hiring on with my company.

I said its a much shorter time to pay attention to what your doing.
Than it is to wait for a police officer,and filing the reports needed in a crash.