TForce | Crash

That's going to be expensive. It didn't say if there were any injuries, maybe only headaches from gridlock.

From what I heard it was black ice all the way down the big hill. Thats CT for you. They have got to have the poorest road maintenance in the country.

From what I heard it was black ice all the way down the big hill. Thats CT for you. They have got to have the poorest road maintenance in the country.

I doubt that there was any black ice in this area. For any one that knows this area, you don't want to be in that center lane with a big truck. Never mind a set of wagons. On this down hill curve you will be thrown right out of that lane, due to deep ruts in the road. From the looks of the rear trailer, I would say that it was extremely heavy. I wonder how much weight was on the lead? My guess, Load shift.

Just for your Info. You also don't want to be in the right lane on this curve if there is a big truck next to you in the center lane. Chances are he will be thrown into you on this curve if he is unaware of the ruts on this corner in the center lane.

did the load shift

I counted around 45 drums on the road, if I missed 3, that would make a full floor load of 48 drums on 12 pallets. Those pallets in the road are made for drums, you can tell by the double wood in the middle, plus they are a little wider than a regular pallet. I would say the load was tight, side to side, and front to back. That`s just my guess.

I have not been through that area in a while but if the driver were heading eastbound, wouldn't he be heading towards the hill and not coming down it?

The only big hill I can think on the eastbound side heading into that area is at exit 27.
I know there is a slight hill just past RT 8 but I don't remember it being that big.

I have one other thought on the matter. The article said that the trailer had (50) 55 gallon drums on it. I couldn't help but notice that it was the kite that went over. Assuming each drum weighed 500 pound, the kite would have weighed 26,000 lbs. I wonder how much the lead weighed

I counted around 45 drums on the road, if I missed 3, that would make a full floor load of 48 drums on 12 pallets. Those pallets in the road are made for drums, you can tell by the double wood in the middle, plus they are a little wider than a regular pallet. I would say the load was tight, side to side, and front to back. That`s just my guess.

I agree remo, that many drums should have been floor loaded so I see no way to have a load shift from that. If they were not floor loaded, the outbound supervisor that was in charge should be fired for stacking drums of corrosives. (or any drums for that matter)

from what our roadmen say. '' she hooked the set wrong 28 grand for her rear and 13 grand for her lead. she was going from newburg ny to southboro ma.

from what our roadmen say. '' she hooked the set wrong 28 grand for her rear and 13 grand for her lead. she was going from newburg ny to southboro ma.

And the driver went that far with out realizing something was wrong. With that weight difference the trailers would be throwing you all over the road.

And the driver went that far with out realizing something was wrong. With that weight difference the trailers would be throwing you all over the road.

Thats exactly what I was thinking BusterNite.

That driver must have pulled that trailer between 80-100 miles before the accident. All that weight on the tail must of had that set all over the road

Thats exactly what I was thinking BusterNite.

That driver must have pulled that trailer between 80-100 miles before the accident. All that weight on the tail must of had that set all over the road

I hate to say it but sounds like a inexperienced driver. Or at least with doubles.

Our growth demands we step up our safety training. I happen to be one of the trainers that went through UPS's Smith system that is going to be required for all drivers.

So far UPS is still putting together the format will will be using to train with.

They need to step up the process.

You poster keep calling the driver of this HAZ-MAT accident (SHE)?
Was the driver a girl?
If so does she run the road out of Newberg?

Is there anyone on the truckingboards out of Newberg that can shed more light on this traggic event?