TForce | Crash

Oh come on Accelerator,don't be a whinner.
Fifty cents is better than the great big zero we thought we were going to get before yesterday.

Oh come on Accelerator,don't be a whinner.
Fifty cents is better than the great big zero we thought we were going to get before yesterday.

You know something I am not whinning about getting $.50 more per hr.with cost's rising on a regular basis ( our ins. prescrip plan) etc. etc. I do not see how we benifit from this, sure I will take what I can get, just like the next person, but take a look around you, what we recieved was nothing. That is not whinning it is reality..... As HUG said in his post. I too am a realist!!!!!!!

Sorry for offending you Accelerator.
I'm a whinner,and all other truckers I know are very good at it as well.

What do you feel would of been the best they could of done for us?

I for one was looking for time,and a half after 8 hours per day,also delay pay for the road drivers.
But we know thats just pipe dreams on our part.

So Accelerator what do you think is next for our company,if they've saved all of their money by just throwing us a small peice of the pie this year,maybe we will be seeing some new equipment heading our way.

HORSES ?What horses?
Do you see any horses in our future?

You know something I am not whinning about getting $.50 more per hr.with cost's rising on a regular basis ( our ins. prescrip plan) etc. etc. I do not see how we benifit from this, sure I will take what I can get, just like the next person, but take a look around you, what we recieved was nothing. That is not whinning it is reality..... As HUG said in his post. I too am a realist!!!!!!!

Can you say inflation????? I make more money now than I ever have and have less at the end of the week......50 cents does not keep up......0.125 equals roughly 1200 a year and it don't keep up.....

I can totaly relate to your post greezy trucker.
Inflation has gone way beyond good paying wages in trucking.

When I got my first union job in 1966 top city driver pay was only $3.30 per hour.
I bought a brand new Firebird convert.,right after I got my union card.
Get this my payments were only $98.98 a month for three years.

Now my hourly rate is 7 times higher,and I can't afford another mortgage payment to purchase a new pickup truck.
So like I say greezy trucker, I can see you know what the story is.

Can you say inflation????? I make more money now than I ever have and have less at the end of the week......50 cents does not keep up......0.125 equals roughly 1200 a year and it don't keep up.....

Precisely my point...... As I have said , it's nice to recieve something, after all I need monies to survive, prices on things keep going up and never come down. And I am certainly not saying that I should be the one to dictate what we recieve, But in comparison to other companies who do the same as us ,with the same physical size in company assets, we certainy make less in the long run.

Sorry for offending you Accelerator.
I'm a whinner,and all other truckers I know are very good at it as well.

I for one was looking for time,and a half after 8 hours per day,also delay pay for the road drivers.

So Accelerator what do you think is next for our company,if they've saved all of their money by just throwing us a small peice of the pie this year,maybe we will be seeing some new equipment heading our way.

HORSES ?What horses?
Do you see any horses in our future?

I am not offended by your statement Apo, Please do not feel that way.

UPS is taking their biggest freight rate increases since 1991. I'm sure they wont lose any money.
This isn't a pipe dream, thats why there is a card check in progress and a contract being drawn up.
I can't fuel my car or put food on the table with a new truck or trailer. This so called raise did not even match the increased cost of living. But the company took theirs in a rate increase. Sadly they are about to put the cart before the horse. Buying new equipment is a waist of dollars when all the new equipment that has been bought before has been left to go to pot because of poor or no maintenance.
HORSES ?What horses?
Soon brother, soon!!

I worried all night that my post would be taken out of contxt....Glad to see that it wasn't.....Man the cost of living where I live is unreal; taxes, insurance, groceries, cars and just plain living. I don't feel UPS is paying all that badly at all, but with what the government does to us and the way things are on the rise, what do we do?????

So now that some time has passed does anyone that posted to this thread,have anymore information on how this gal made out?
Is she still on the UPS Freight books as one of us?
Or is she on time off?
Or worst yet is she looking for employment else where?

As a UPS Freight driver safety trainer I like to find out not only what the cause of an accident is,but also the end results of the drivers poor judgement.

So now that some time has passed does anyone that posted to this thread,have anymore information on how this gal made out?
Is she still on the UPS Freight books as one of us?
Or is she on time off?
Or worst yet is she looking for employment else where?

As a UPS Freight driver safety trainer I like to find out not only what the cause of an accident is,but also the end results of the drivers poor judgement.

The last rumor I heard, (again rumor) Is that the driver was terminated. The cause of the accident was STUPIDITY. The driver was fully aware of the weight difference before she got in the truck to leave. Also heard that there were other write ups and tickets involved in the past. Again its my opinion that the cause of the accident was lazyness, stupidity. 15 minutes to rehook and it might of been a merry xmas for her. If this rumor is true, No sympathy here. She put alot of people at risk pulling out of that yard with that weight difference. She should consider her self lucky that she is not going through a wrongfull death case right now. Very lucky no one was hurt or killed.

Apo, I dont know what the police wrote her up for. But my guess would be. Failer to control her vehicle. I still stand by what i have said from the begining. The accident happend because of the huge weight difference and where she was. The down hill curve on a corner, with the center lane all groved out threw her to the right and with that weight difference there was no way to recover. I would also say that with all that combined, It acted like a sling shot action and thats why you saw everthing over the barrier onto the other road.

I worried all night that my post would be taken out of contxt....Glad to see that it wasn't.....Man the cost of living where I live is unreal; taxes, insurance, groceries, cars and just plain living. I don't feel UPS is paying all that badly at all, but with what the government does to us and the way things are on the rise, what do we do?????

It is the same here in the great north. I read in a local finance rag, that the cost of living is at a standard rate of 70% of said fund's for a young family, of a standard income of approximatly 40-60 thousand per year, that is a big chunk of monies going too ones living expenses in one year. According to this rag this is just the necessities.

thanks for the follow up BusterNite.
I printed out the story from the news site that was first posted on this thread.
Than I took them to Officemax to blow them up larger,I wrote on the side of the pictur-ramma I had made,than tacked it to the wall of our drivers room for all to see.
That we all must forever focus on our jobs,and get it right the first time.
When my co-droivers saw it hanging there they asked me more about it.
But all I could give them is what I learned from this thread.
So now I can say she is history because of her foolish mistake.
Thanks again for all of your comments.
This does wake the rest of us up from our comfort zones to have more awearness of what we are doing in trucking.

thanks for the follow up BusterNite.
I printed out the story from the news site that was first posted on this thread.
Than I took them to Officemax to blow them up larger,I wrote on the side of the pictur-ramma I had made,than tacked it to the wall of our drivers room for all to see.
That we all must forever focus on our jobs,and get it right the first time.
When my co-droivers saw it hanging there they asked me more about it.
But all I could give them is what I learned from this thread.
So now I can say she is history because of her foolish mistake.
Thanks again for all of your comments.
This does wake the rest of us up from our comfort zones to have more awearness of what we are doing in trucking.

Apo, If company policy is still in order, I believe she still has the right to the review board for the final judgment.

Well so much for my extra effort to try and show my co-workers to watch what they are doing.
I went out of my way on my own time to have all the pictures about the drum trailer accident blown up to a larger size at my local Officemax store.
It was only a couple of bucks,the cost was next to nothing.
I put the news report,and the accident pictures on our drivers room wall,with written comments about getting our jobs right the first time.
Today I was going to write on the display I made about how the driver was terminated as a result for her big mistake.
Hooking up this set backwards.

Well some road driver stoled everything but the typed news report,when he switched out his trailers at our terminal over the weekend.

I was very upset,all that stuff belonged to me.
My TM gave me the ok to have it on our wall with my safety message.
But someone else that just happened to stop by,must have thought he needed it more than our terminal.
The cost,and my time off was nothing.
Its just that I felt I was really ripped off by some strange road driver stopping this weekend.
To me stealling is stealling,if its a penny that belongs to someone else,or whatever its still stealling.

Well so much for my extra effort to try and show my co-workers to watch what they are doing.
I went out of my way on my own time to have all the pictures about the drum trailer accident blown up to a larger size at my local Officemax store.
It was only a couple of bucks,the cost was next to nothing.
I put the news report,and the accident pictures on our drivers room wall,with written comments about getting our jobs right the first time.
Today I was going to write on the display I made about how the driver was terminated as a result for her big mistake.
Hooking up this set backwards.

Well some road driver stoled everything but the typed news report,when he switched out his trailers at our terminal over the weekend.

I was very upset,all that stuff belonged to me.
My TM gave me the ok to have it on our wall with my safety message.
But someone else that just happened to stop by,must have thought he needed it more than our terminal.
The cost,and my time off was nothing.
Its just that I felt I was really ripped off by some strange road driver stopping this weekend.
To me stealling is stealling,if its a penny that belongs to someone else,or whatever its still stealling.

Someone may have taken it down because they felt that it is an embarrassment to the company/employee's. Or because this is not something you want customers to see.

No I checked with my TM,and he said he couldn't believe it was taken.
He said he had no way of knowing what road driver came in over the week end and took all the pictures?
We have the Special Service division road drivers that stop in the use the bathrooms when they get fuel at our pumps.

My TM was happy I took it on myself to post everything on the drivers room wall with safety messages regarding the accidents.

None of my co-workers could believe someone would have the nerve to take stuff that wasn't theirs?

My outbound supervisor says we should have a locking glass door board to post things on we want everyone to see.
Thers no way I'm going to pitch in for something like that,and I know my TM won't go for that as well.