SAIA | Crashes and big brother in the trucks

If this industry had professional drivers like you they probably would have no need for such devices for the most part.......But there is a driver shortage in todays world, drivers fresh out of driving school that have no business pulling a set down the road....Too many rookies on the road that can't drive and in many cases can't even speak English............Most managers look the other way with petty issues concerning professional drivers. Your track record and history always come into play (trust me) but careless rookie mistakes must be addressed and corrected and these devices provide accountability......In a perfect world we wouldn't need these devices. But as we all know. It is what it is.[/QUOTE

It me it is just a slap in my face... I do not like to be lumped in with everyone else
Sadly exceptions can't be made.....What you do for one you must do for all, or risk being sued.

Still no clear answer to my original post why have we had more accidents since we started using all the gadgets just like the guy said they start out coaching and anybody who knows that has worked here long enough that it WILL go from coaching to termination in no time the safety dept here makes up their own rules as they go at lest the current one it's nothing like when TK MULLINS was here he was fair and knew how to treat people the ones now just look down their nose and judge you themselves never even sat in a commercial vehicle let alone drive one . IS IT SO HARD JUST TO PUBLISH A CHART THAT LETS YOU KNOW THE LIMITS AND HOW MANY MESS UPS YOU GET BEFORE YOUR IN TROUBLE

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It would be easy to do that but it would make your job no safer........Any one accident that was considered gross negligence would cost you your job. Zero, One, two, three, writes ups. What difference would it make if you roll a set...........Your done in most cases.........Any driver that has a history of incidents that are considered preventable would be warned that the next occurrence will be grounds for termination. ....You act as if you could just walk in one day and be fired with no warnings..........It doesn't work that way.....Unless it's considered gross negligence ....If you are specifically talking about the Bendix system and the violations they produce then it would work in a similar fashion.....Your track record and history would be looked at and the appropriate action would be taken.........You would be given a chance to get things right with the Bendix system warnings. Gross Negligence gives no warning however.................You are simply done......And in most cases done for good when it hits your DAC report. Bottom line....Be Safe, someone at home is waiting on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I remember the good ole days 40-50 years ago when we didnt have jack s_ _ t in the trucks spying on us and we didnt have all them big crashes. My opinion is, if someone needs that B.S. in the truck they shouldnt be driving. At some point time they'll complacent and and rely on it too much then they wont have a clue how to handle a situation. Wait til they put in cameras looking at the driver. Then you wont be able to jerk-it while yur driving!

Just wait rt just wait if you stay here long enough you will see someone get canned very quick how long have you worked here best I recall wasn't it like April or May since you came on board it seems you have educated yourself quite well on how saia operates in a very short time .me n most of these other guys have been here 10 years plus we've seen our friends get fired at the drop of a hat and learned how to keep our nose out of the wrong place and just be safe get our sleep drive like we got some since keep our mouth shut get it done go home and do it again. I have a friend who got 3 days of with no warning or council from the tm he had a couple of hard brakes and he had a note to call safety when he got back explain that .

And by the way I still don't think your a driver I think you are a safety man rt

Yea, I remember the good ole days 40-50 years ago when we didnt have jack s_ _ t in the trucks spying on us and we didnt have all them big crashes. My opinion is, if someone needs that B.S. in the truck they shouldnt be driving. At some point time they'll complacent and and rely on it too much then they wont have a clue how to handle a situation. Wait til they put in cameras looking at the driver. Then you wont be able to jerk-it while yur driving!

OPP'S :TR10driving03:

RT is a driver I know just look at him like the lone ranger he may wear a mask but he fights for truth and justice and when his job is done he rides off into the sunset LoL.

RT is a driver I know just look at him like the lone ranger he may wear a mask but he fights for truth and justice and when his job is done he rides off into the sunset LoL.
renegaderider after being in the LTL business for 40+ years and close to retirement age I must say I've been called much worse. Ironically I do speak the truth and many just don't like it............I haven't always been the man I am today. I once was an arrogant cocky know it all that had to learn humility the hard way. One of my great teachers taught me.......That true nobility is not about being better than the next guy....It's about being better than you use to be......A better father...A better employee....A better human being......In the big picture when its all said and done if I can look back and say that.....Then my friend I have made myself and the world a better place. And I will ride off in the sunset with a smile on my face.....Knowing full well that I have made a difference by learning to rise above being cynical about life and bitter about the hand I HAVE been dealt.....A trap that so many fall into.

All I know RT I was just funning buddy
I know......It was just an opportunity to get a little something off my chest....Many seem to want to call me out (mostly in PM's) ....When really they should be looking at themselves.....I know the kind of man you are and that comment wasn't directed at you at all.....Drive safe tonight.

Still no clear answer to my original post why have we had more accidents since we started using all the gadgets just like the guy said they start out coaching and anybody who knows that has worked here long enough that it WILL go from coaching to termination in no time the safety dept here makes up their own rules as they go at lest the current one it's nothing like when TK MULLINS was here he was fair and knew how to treat people the ones now just look down their nose and judge you themselves never even sat in a commercial vehicle let alone drive one . IS IT SO HARD JUST TO PUBLISH A CHART THAT LETS YOU KNOW THE LIMITS AND HOW MANY MESS UPS YOU GET BEFORE YOUR IN TROUBLE

Just wait rt just wait if you stay here long enough you will see someone get canned very quick how long have you worked here best I recall wasn't it like April or May since you came on board it seems you have educated yourself quite well on how saia operates in a very short time .me n most of these other guys have been here 10 years plus we've seen our friends get fired at the drop of a hat and learned how to keep our nose out of the wrong place and just be safe get our sleep drive like we got some since keep our mouth shut get it done go home and do it again. I have a friend who got 3 days of with no warning or council from the tm he had a couple of hard brakes and he had a note to call safety when he got back explain that .

And by the way I still don't think your a driver I think you are a safety man rt

Ok the gadgets are fine I can deal with that and yes they can help I have to say the safety technology on the truck has made me a better driver in my co truck as well as my personal vehicle and yes they can save you in court .what I can't deal with is the the uncertainty Of what kind of action the safety dept will take why can't they put the limits on this stuff in black and white so we know how many times we can screw up before we get in trouble for instance the lane deviator thing. dude I run 580-612 miles a night heck yeah I'm gonna get up against the zipper or the fog line in that 13.5 hr trip anyone will whether it's just because you drift over there or get pushed over by another vehicle or debris in the road. Veteran Drivers in ctn have been getting the coaching on this already I have a friend who got 3 days off for a hard brake but I know of 3-4 others that did the same thing and only got (counseled ) by their tm THAT IS NOT FAIR !!!! also it's not fair for the ones of us who have to drive the new trucks to be punished while the guys driving the 08 and older trucks don't. I know guys still driving them for the main purpose of getting away from the gadgets as long as possible . Safety should not fire anyone over this until all the trucks are retrofitted like they say they are going to then it will be an even playing field right now it's not

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence that the fact that we have more crashes in the last two years than we've ever had in the history of the company.and that the fact that the activation of all the cameras , lane deviator and all the other you mess up once and your gone rules go hand in hand with the high crash frequency . You can argue however you want to but the fact is we were not having this many crashes 4.5,or 6 years ago before all this came along . I think it just puts everyone on edge and makes some ppl nervous that they think they are going to get fired every morning when they arrive at the yard and have that note to call safety.I don't know just a thought

:(These post fits you so well .....Sarcastic and negative .......But the facts find that if anyone is a cry baby.......That would be you.:ranting2:
Take a deep breath....You will be OK.

RT YOU STILL HAVE NOT TOLD US HOW YOU HAVE CAME TOO KNOW SO KICH ABOUT OUR COMPANY IN THE SHORT TIME YOU HAVE WORKED HERE PLEASE SHARE

RT YOU STILL HAVE NOT TOLD US HOW YOU HAVE CAME TOO KNOW SO KICH ABOUT OUR COMPANY IN THE SHORT TIME YOU HAVE WORKED HERE PLEASE SHARE

suicidejockey is a good name for you......Great Choice!!!! But to answer your question one of my best friends is a sales rep......And perhaps I once worked for Saia in the 80's .....or was it the 90's......you know at my age you tend to lose a step or two.

Dude sales reps could care less about the driving and safety side of this company they have enough on their plate already seems to me that you are one of very very few on here that have a problem with me as well as many more on trucking boards on multiple forums you sir are just an instigator and an aggravator . Anyways just as every other time my work here is done I gotta go to work and don't have time to play anymore have at it RT :-)