SAIA | Crashes and big brother in the trucks

One detail that Saia has chosen not to capture as part of the investigation is video footage of the driver. Some fleets use video-based risk management systems that capture in-cab video to detect incidents where distracted driving might have played a factor.

“From a privacy and professionalism standpoint, we have decided to not do that,” O’Dell says. “People are sensitive to that.”

From common carrier journal in 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Like I've said before I don't mind the forward facing cameras. If a car cut me off it would help me out. I also don't mind the other stuff in the truck. I don't notice it in the truck. Once in a while I'll drift towards the shoulder and set It off but that's about it. The one I don't like is the front senser. Especially in traffic today coming back I was in alot of traffic and cars kept moving in front of me and kept setting off the following distance buzzer. I kept backing off to give room but as soon as I did someone else just moves over. Felt like I wasn't going anywhere. Oh well. Soon everyone will have em. Estes has them on there new trucks.