FedEx Freight | Critical look at that "other" survey... Really?

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
I really hate to point out the obvious, BUT...

Back in Oct we were told (on the Ducker video), to keep an eye out for the Communication effectiveness survey, coming in Nov. Well, Nov. came and went with no further mention. I even asked about it in Nov. NO ONE had heard anything...

Imagine my surprise when THIS story came out in "Freight Quarterly":

w80gDiw.jpg

This is the 2nd year that the Communication Effectiveness Survey has been poorly communicated. Last year we talked about the same thing, and many ONLY heard about it here, on truckingboards.com. Anyone see the irony of ineffective communication of (especially) this survey?

Disappointing. But wait. It gets better.

We're told that participation "nearly tripled", year over year. WOW! Impressive number, no? Was last year's number so small, or were this years numbers inflated by stuffed ballots? Valid questions?

A couple reasons for questioning the integrity of this particular survey: We're told over half of the responses came from drivers, dock, shop techs. Also the largest segment claim a preshift "every day". 57.5% claim 2-3 or more per week. OK, if you say so.

Then were told that LESS than 5% disapprove of email, as an effective method. So, MORE than 95% like and approve of email communication, even though over half of respondents (drivers/dock/shop) don't even have FedEx email.

Nice try...

Even worse, if they actually believe the results, we might expect 95% of communications to come via Corp. email, which most don't even have. But then again, with all these preshifts said to be taking place, nothing should ever slip by. EVER.

:clapping:

Love the irony....Communications Effectivness Survey and yet no one communicated to us that such a survey even existed!!!

Priceless!!!!
Absolutely comical. Disappointing, to put it mildly.

Beyond the reliable Ducker Communication videos, the rest seems inconsistent, at best. Maybe this weak link is due to the fact that we always have open positions for Communications Advisers. Why, in this day and age, must these always be staffed out of Memphis or Harrison? And why are there ALWAYS open positions, for this?

Back on topic, let's hope the newly improved and renamed employee survey will be communicated better... Watch for it April 9-22.

Absolutely comical. Disappointing, to put it mildly.

Beyond the reliable Ducker Communication videos, the rest seems inconsistent, at best. Maybe this weak link is due to the fact that we always have open positions for Communications Advisers. Why, in this day and age, must these always be staffed out of Memphis or Harrison? And why are there ALWAYS open positions, for this?

Back on topic, let's hope the newly improved and renamed employee survey will be communicated better... Watch for it April 9-22.
Ducker communication videos...what’s this myth you speak of????

Come on, Red. You're a road driver. You know nobody ever tells road/linehaul anything, and that's not even a uniquely FedEx problem!

There's a reason road drivers make up rumors.
The other side of this is, most Road drivers opt out of meetings, since they usually can, with no consequence. Then they wonder why nobody ever tells them whats going on... :duh:

You KNOW they MUST make the video available for viewing, on the clock. EDUCATION.

I thought y'all were welcomed back into the family, and the petty retaliation was over. :grouphug:

Was I wrong?
The other side of this is, most Road drivers opt out of meetings, since they usually can, with no consequence. Then they wonder why nobody ever tells them whats going on... :duh:
Really, its because of your talking points break down of this said video is the only reason we knew it existed....and meetings, it’s been said that “only 40% of the drivers show up for meetings so why waste our time having them”, meaning let’s screw the 40% who care in spite of the 60% who don’t...or in reality is it those in control that don’t care?? :27:

I was lucky if I made it back to my barn in time for the weekly meeting, and my truck was the only road unit of 4 that could be there in time at all. One was long gone home, the other two returned later.

It's easy to fault a road man, but it's the company that gives him his schedule.

I haven't seen one in probably 6 months. Oh well lol.
Damn. That is sad.

There needs to be an EXPECTATION that it will be presented. There is a posting on the intranet home page, when a new video is out.

Of course that assumes ready access to the intranet, which raises another related issue. Still it can be watched on an office computer.

Just clock to education, then corp communications. If a dozen people had the expectation, and watched it individually, your manager might do the right thing and just play the DVD, for the whole class.