cruise control

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
Is there any truth to what I heard that Con-Way is disconecting the cruise control on the C.F.I. trucks and 150 C.F.I. drivers quit?????

Talked to a cfi driver Thursday night and they have not done any thing to his truck and has not heard about any one quiting.

I don't think Con-Way is going to do to much to them, they run a pretty good company(CFI). But if Con-Way does, well if it ant broke don't try to screw it up more. :chairshot:

Only change will be the cut back to 65mph for fuel savings. but only a blind man would not see that coming...only thing slowing Herb down on that one is he well remembers the number of drivers who quit last time they did that I was here and it was in the hundreds...they can't take that kind of hit right now so Herb is trying his best to soft sell it to the drivers......But it don't make me any never mind...I'm OLD and SLOW ANYWAY.

With fuel $3.00+ and climbing wont be long till a drivers mpg will be as important as your mvr. It's getting tough for everyone. Time to slow down and do your part to conserve or run your self out of a job.

WE are long haul so they tell me! and CFI found that to save fuel you cant out drive the cruise control to save fuel. So with fuel $3.00 going for $4.00 I don't see it happenin.

I would think that would be a bad move on CFI/Con-Way to get rid of cruise control. I think that is what keeps the fuel mpg at a steady pace, then the driver is not consistently changing speeds like when driven in the slowest states in the country, (IL, OH, CA) but then again what do I no, I am just a truck driver.

Well maybe someday the otherside of the desk will listen right. How is CFI/Con-Way since the change, or has there been any changes yet?

Loads SEEM to be steadier But haven't seen much change YET. eat,sleep,drive send Mommy the money NOPE nothings changed for me. Might get a new name on the truck and a new ID# GROSH HOW EXCITING.

yea they cut off all of Conway cruise control along time a go don't worry they will cut your speed down too 62 mph

I would think that would be a bad move on CFI/Con-Way to get rid of cruise control. I think that is what keeps the fuel mpg at a steady pace, then the driver is not consistently changing speeds like when driven in the slowest states in the country, (IL, OH, CA) but then again what do I no, I am just a truck driver.

yea right driver if it wasn't for the fed law stating that all truck made after 2004 must have a/c we conway wont have a/c in it the trucks as far as crusie controal they turned them off about 8 years a go

Is there any truth to what I heard that Con-Way is disconecting the cruise control on the C.F.I. trucks and 150 C.F.I. drivers quit?????

my son drives for C.F.I. they havent turned his truck down yet, but he told me they were going to turn them down

it would be to their advantage to keep cruise control ,with the cruise control on. the fuel is consistently and efficiently being pumped through the system. with out it you keep the pedal wide open you would use more fuel especially going up hills and mountains cruise control maintains a certain amount of fuel pressure to alow just enough fuel to keep the torque up and the speed.