FedEx Freight | CRW Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm collecting my FXF pension I know what I'm talking about. First of all I hear all these whiners crying, "I've been there for 20 years and I'm 55 years old and I'm only getting 300 bucks if I retire now." To get the full pension you have to put in 30 years of service and be at least 65 years old. Those are the requirements. When I retired I received my pension paperwork. There were about 10 options I had to choose from. I went with the one that paid the most money. When I die the pension stops. Don't forget the company is the one paying for the pension. My pension is about 2/3 of what the teamsters get, but with my 401K money its actually better. If you want the best pension possible, go to work for the government. Just my opinion TP

Well the teamsters at YRC are contributing 1/4 of the contribution, does that mean you work 4 years to collect 1 year of eligibility? Or work 80 years for a 20 year pension??
or have they simply given up and understand some union boss's will continue to collect 5 pensions and workers will get the scraps????

If you havent, make sure you go into the details tab and ensure your pay is correct and you put in a % of increase...........I used 2% to be on the conservative side, but it still made a big difference in the end result......

Thought mine was abnormally low as well, but these adjustments made the projection look quite a bit better.....
I'll check that again, when time permits. I don't recall seeing any adjustment available for the wage or 401k entry. The amounts shown seem to be the default numbers.

Well the teamsters at YRC are contributing 1/4 of the contribution, does that mean you work 4 years to collect 1 year of eligibility? Or work 80 years for a 20 year pension??
or have they simply given up and understand some union boss's will continue to collect 5 pensions and workers will get the scraps????
Well I am not in that mix, he said his 401 k along with his pension would put him over a teamster pension! I Said, Teamsters have a 401 k as well, speaking for myself I don't beleive his pension and 401k would be more than lets just say Mine!!! Many people save whole heartily for the future, not just him..

Nothing different than a FedEx employee contributing to an IRA, because most union companies don't match the 410K.
Always have an answer, I've been stashing money all my life! We both could just keep going on forever which it seems that is what you like to do! Listen real close, we were talking about a pension and a 401k!!!!!! Nothing else, then you get on here and want to start measuring peckers!!! Go back and read the post and then if you want to start a class 101 on how many different avenues there is to save then so be it! There are so many ways to make money in this country, even more so then an IRA!! Tax free tooooo! I'm done you can have it to drag it to where ever you want, good luck...

You have a lot of room to talk at least I can stay calm so settle down. We are talking about retirement, you said the Teamsters have a 401K which means nothing because the companies in most cases don't match it so its no different than and IRA in someways its worse. I would also like to point out that going on forever requires two people and you seem to like to do that as well, how about just refuting my argument instead of acting like a child.

I seem to recall, you shared with us the pretty good payout for your relative short time in the plan. Didn't we determine that National must have had a better plan based on Watkins terms? :scratchhead:
You have a lot of room to talk at least I can stay calm so settle down. We are talking about retirement, you said the Teamsters have a 401K which means nothing because the companies in most cases don't match it so its no different than and IRA in someways its worse. I would also like to point out that going on forever requires two people and you seem to like to do that as well, how about just refuting my argument instead of acting like a child.
Look we were talking about a pension Plus a 401k and how the two (key word here) 2 added up, you came back with the IRA and how it takes 4 years to get one scenario... I realize that! I'm still working and am very aware of it! Acting like a child is coming back with your guns a blazing about a IRA! It wasn't even in the conversation so I don't know what else to say! Plus I put 15% of my wages in my 401 and I would venture to say that is more than some put in with their company match total. Have a good day SIR I'm going too!!!

Last edited:
Look we were talking about a pension Plus a 401k and how the two (key word here) 2 added up, you came back with the IRA and how it takes 4 years to get one scenario... I realize that! I'm still working and am very aware of it! Acting like a child is coming back with your guns a blazing about a IRA! It wasn't even in the conversation so I don't know what else to say! Plus I put 15% of my wages in my 401 and I would venture to say that is more than some put in with their company match total. Have a good day SIR I'm going too!!!

I've not had my "guns a blazing" your the one who gets all upset. In fact we were talking about the Teamster pension vs. the Fedex pension. If you go back in this tread we were talking about the election results in CRW so we're way off topic so how is it up to you what we can bring up? But I digress, we were comparing Teamster pension to Fedex pension, and someone (not me) brought up 401K to show that non union could have a good retirement to. YOU brought up the Teamsters having a 401K, I pointed out that since most union employers don't match 401K's it is no different than an IRA that anyone can get into. I can't help that you are incapable of having a rational discussion without getting emotional.

I've not had my "guns a blazing" your the one who gets all upset. In fact we were talking about the Teamster pension vs. the Fedex pension. If you go back in this tread we were talking about the election results in CRW so we're way off topic so how is it up to you what we can bring up? But I digress, we were comparing Teamster pension to Fedex pension, and someone (not me) brought up 401K to show that non union could have a good retirement to. YOU brought up the Teamsters having a 401K, I pointed out that since most union employers don't match 401K's it is no different than an IRA that anyone can get into. I can't help that you are incapable of having a rational discussion without getting emotional.
All of this argument notwithstanding, it doesn't matter who has the better pension. You'll only get what fedex is willing to give you. The Teamsters won't change that even a little bit. The union wants you to join them so that THEIR pension will be more secure.

All of this argument notwithstanding, it doesn't matter who has the better pension. You'll only get what fedex is willing to give you. The Teamsters won't change that even a little bit. The union wants you to join them so that THEIR pension will be more secure.

I agree, clear back when I started posting on here that was one of the thing we argued about. Fedex will have to agree with whatever it is that you get.

Are you intent on joining a MEPF? None of us are, nor will we agree to one. That argument is null. I believe that one liner of yours has been beaten to a pulp time and time again.

Are you intent on joining a MEPF? None of us are, nor will we agree to one. That argument is null. I believe that one liner of yours has been beaten to a pulp time and time again.
Lol. Don't blow your stack there choochoo. Once again, you respond with rhetoric and no logic. There are MANY on social media talking about joining such a plan, and teamsters are espousing for it. My quoted comment has nothing to do with joining a Multi employer plan, so why are you even commenting like I did?

Actually it does matter to many people.. How about we get what we EARN through a contract and not what the company is WILLING to give as you say.... The Teamsters CAN change that no matter what you think.... That's all BS on making their pension more secure, we won't be in Central States anyway so what was your argument other than nothing? As you concur with Jim on this ditto to you Deere, your obsession continues unabated with this campaign I can see....

Actually it does matter to many people.. How about we get what we EARN through a contract and not what the company is WILLING to give as you say.... The Teamsters CAN change that no matter what you think.... That's all BS on making their pension more secure, we won't be in Central States anyway so what was your argument other than nothing? As you concur with Jim on this ditto to you Deere, your obsession continues unabated with this campaign I can see....

I'm not obsessed just interested, I think you guys overestimate my actual concern I spend very little time of my day worried about this. But here's a "fact" for you, there is and will be two sides at the table and its not what "earn" its what you can get agreed to. I have never said you will go into a MEPF. But unfortunately for you Fedex WILL have a say in what happens which is what I've said from the beginning you just don't want to hear it. If I/we are wrong how will it work, because despite what you think you or the Teamsters aren't going to dictate to Fedex.

Their pension will be much more secure NOT because you'll be in their plan. That's not what pays the officers pension. Union dues pays for the officers pensions. You don't think they put themselves in YOUR plan do you? They have their own, fully funded by dues, officers and agents plan. That's where they need you.

I'll check that again, when time permits. I don't recall seeing any adjustment available for the wage or 401k entry. The amounts shown seem to be the default numbers.

Believe the balances and salaries are defaults, but you will definitely want to go in and enter a growth % on the salary and a rate of return % for your 401k to get a halfway accurate projection. Click on the little details link on the left side under the graphs........then on the info used for projections link. You can then add an estimated salary growth % in there (2-3% would be conservative and realistic) the lack of salary growth would be holding both your pension and 401k amounts down. Then you would want to go into the 401k part and put in figures for the yearly contribution and anticipated growth rates.

These changes, even using fairly conservative rates, took my projection from WTF to being close to where I want to be fairly quickly.........those growth and contributions stats add up over 20 years or so......

Proceed....

Beat it all you want, this Horse isn't gonna drink!! Have a good day!!! You have totally missed the point we were talking about!!! Im done, God bless......

Status
Not open for further replies.