FedEx Freight | CRW Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably best for you if you can't debate!
That's all good if you wouldn't try and change what was being discussed to fit your own flavor, it was pretty simple, he said with his pension and his 401k he would be drawing more that a teamster pension, I said basically then throw my 401k in the mix and then that changes that!! Then you come along with IRA's and that was not what was it was about!! I've got a boat load of real estate, should I throw that in as retirement?? If so I'm sure I would triple him in revenue! But we weren't talking about anything except pension and 401k period. Enough said, take it and run with it. I really don't care at this point because I can tell from past experiences that with you there is no resolve!!

OK, you are in left field and have proved nothing, your 401K point was as relevant/irrelevant as my IRA point. I stick by my point that you are incapable of intelligent debate.

OK, you are in left field and have proved nothing, your 401K point was as relevant/irrelevant as my IRA point. I stick by my point that you are incapable of intelligent debate.
Its hard to debate with a brick, if your right your right if your wrong your right!! How you like my skills now!! I'm done ... Take your ball and go home I am!!! Lol:)

You've not debated at all, just bellyached.
Exactly, my sentiments! I couldn't have said it no better myself! How can you debate if you just keep throwing more and more to it! It was to simple for you so you had to try and complicate it as to fit your needs!!

I'm ready, ok here we go. A private pension in most cases would be less than a union pension, but then you throw in a company matched 401K (which most non union employers match) it would be in most cases more than the union pension. Is that true? Because that was the original assertion.

I'm ready, ok here we go. A private pension in most cases would be less than a union pension, but then you throw in a company matched 401K (which most non union employers match) it would be in most cases more than the union pension. Is that true? Because that was the original assertion.
Yes, you would be correct!

Actually it does matter to many people.. How about we get what we EARN through a contract and not what the company is WILLING to give as you say.... The Teamsters CAN change that no matter what you think.... That's all BS on making their pension more secure, we won't be in Central States anyway so what was your argument other than nothing? As you concur with Jim on this ditto to you Deere, your obsession continues unabated with this campaign I can see....
The teamsters can't make FedEx do anything, especially with only 3 terminals on board. No leverage. We might gain something on the pension, but what would be traded away in order to do so. Negotiations are always a two way street and right now FedEx has the stronger position. By the way the pro guys at CLT are really reaching by telling people there will be a contract by April. I wonder if they mean April 2020.

That's all good if you wouldn't try and change what was being discussed to fit your own flavor, it was pretty simple, he said with his pension and his 401k he would be drawing more that a teamster pension, I said basically then throw my 401k in the mix and then that changes that!! Then you come along with IRA's and that was not what was it was about!! I've got a boat load of real estate, should I throw that in as retirement?? If so I'm sure I would triple him in revenue! But we weren't talking about anything except pension and 401k period. Enough said, take it and run with it. I really don't care at this point because I can tell from past experiences that with you there is no resolve!!
Maybe you could send some of your extra cash to the Central States Pension fund to help your "brothers" out.

The teamsters can't make FedEx do anything, especially with only 3 terminals on board. No leverage. We might gain something on the pension, but what would be traded away in order to do so. Negotiations are always a two way street and right now FedEx has the stronger position. By the way the pro guys at CLT are really reaching by telling people there will be a contract by April. I wonder if they mean April 2020.
I was thinking more like 2050!!

You're not the first big money company the IBT ever organized.

You guys need to get off the crack pipe, your using one fund out of several!!
Our retirement is based off of our pension (100% contribution by the company) and our 401K (which our company matches a portion of our contribution). Both together are equal or greater than your union pension alone.

Yes, union company's also offer a 401K but there's no company match, therefor not every employee contributes to this fund...many rely only on their pension.

This is why we compare our retirement (both plans) to your single pension.
You personally may contribute to both of your plans (good for you) but I'd guess and say most of your co-workers throughout your company do not.

Our retirement is based off of our pension (100% contribution by the company) and our 401K (which our company matches a portion of our contribution). Both together are equal or greater than your union pension alone.

Yes, union company's also offer a 401K but there's no company match, therefor not every employee contributes to this fund...many rely only on their pension.

You personally may contribute to both of your plans (good for you) but I'd guess and say most of your co-workers throughout your company do not.
Key word being most, but I would say most of your guys probably don't put a lot into it? One never knows about another mans bank!! Only speculation? Finally a man who gets what I was saying without bringing all the other several ways to save into the equation.. We may never agree... But thank you for seeing it for what it was....

Key word being most, but I would say most of your guys probably don't put a lot into it? One never knows about another mans bank!! Only speculation? Finally a man who gets what I was saying without bringing all the other several ways to save into the equation.. We may never agree... But thank you for seeing it for what it was....

Personally I prefer property over 401k's , I control my investment and can protect my bottom line as far as taxes are concerned, a hand shake and cash transactions I'll take any day!!!

According to national percentages only 40.4 % of the working people participate in their company's 401
then again only 50.1 % of the company's even offer one.
With that look around youngsters at your fellow workers and wonder ?
What will they do if they live long enough to retire or their health forces retirement ?
Just a guess but the word WELFARE comes to mind. Which translates into WE are funding it.........

I'm not obsessed just interested, I think you guys overestimate my actual concern I spend very little time of my day worried about this. But here's a "fact" for you, there is and will be two sides at the table and its not what "earn" its what you can get agreed to. I have never said you will go into a MEPF. But unfortunately for you Fedex WILL have a say in what happens which is what I've said from the beginning you just don't want to hear it. If I/we are wrong how will it work, because despite what you think you or the Teamsters aren't going to dictate to Fedex.

If you think FXF isn't scared of the Teamsters then something's wrong with you. I've said this before, if it's not going to be better for the drivers then why is FXF fighting this. Again, before someone says it's give and take and you wont get anything, why is FXF fighting this. They could have saved a lot of money by just letting the Teamsters in. I don't understand why the drivers can't see this.

All of this argument notwithstanding, it doesn't matter who has the better pension. You'll only get what fedex is willing to give you. The Teamsters won't change that even a little bit. The union wants you to join them so that THEIR pension will be more secure.
Another nut falls out of the sack with yet another twist, nothing about there pension is gonna help squat! Basically what this boils down to are numbers there JOE???is strength in numbers! With the strength we can all negotiate a better deal, Your argument doesn't even make sense!!! Where do you come up with these asinine remarks you make!!

Status
Not open for further replies.