R&L | CSA 2010....Be Informed

ls57racer

TB Veteran
Credits
CSA 2010 DSMS (Driver Safety Measurement System) Methodology

We need to think about these things

Under the new rules of CSA 2010...THE DRIVER will also be rated for his driving/safety performance, as well as the company, and this rating will follow him/her to every employer he driver for!

Lets ALL look at this ...If YOU do not pretrip, you will suffer!

If YOU go out without a weight ticket and get a violation at the scales, it also goes against YOU, as well as the company.

If you drive out with cupped, flat spots and worn threads on THEIR tires...YOU will be cited under the new CSA 2010 Rules as well as the company.

If YOU decide to run in with 4 ways flashing at night instead of getting those lights fixed on THEIR equipment...it will go against YOUR safety record under the CSA 2010.

If you have to get another driving job....The CSA 2010 safety rating will follow you from job to job, and may cost you in getting a job.

SO GUYS....think about your pre-trip now....demand the lights to be fixed...demand the bad tires be replaced...and most of all DEMAND a weight ticket for ALL axles no matter how light the load!....IT IS YOUR CDLs...NOT THEIRS!

At our shop the mechanic leaves at 8 or 8:30 AM. Our P & D runs start between 8 & 9:00. Someone please tell me how this makes sense.

Thanks Racer,We only have one mechanic which is already against OSHA, but he only works at night so any problems in the morning dont get resolved.Wait till guys refuse to run,that will be interesting.

just wait, its gonna start hitting the fan soon. i asked the safety director directly" where do we stand when dispatch tells us to do go down that no truck street,or thats not a problem just run with it,and i guarentee dispatch will say if you can't do your job,we will find someone who can,we certainly hear that enough already". he would not answer me. just like everyone else when you ask a direct ? all ya get is lies and run around. can ya imagine if ya get fired or layed off trying to say at a job interview when questioned about your lengthy cvsa report...."well they told me to do it".

Mechanics can only fix what they know to be broken. If drivers do pre and post trip inspections, then the mechanics have a better fighting chance. Be honest, how many tractors have you jumped into that are properly written up? I have been in several where the DVIR indicates "ok" for several weeks running, only to find "out of service" criteria after I inspected it. We all need to do our part and quit pointing fingers.

Come on guys,Quit panicing. we will be under the same rules and regulations as everyone else. If your truck needs something then it's up to you to write it up and put it IN the shop. My truck has over a million miles,but has and will pass an inspection. It all boils down to how YOU take care of it. If there is something seriously wrong with it then don't drive it. I know that we need new trucks,but they aren't coming anytime soon. We had new trrucks,but they sent them out west when they opened up California. Every other company will be under the same rules,try checking their trucks out sometimes. I think that the new rules will mostly effect owner operators and the trucks coming out of Mexico. I'm wondering of these rules were put together to keep some of the Mexican trucks out,because of NAFTA.

Csa 2010

12 year driver here, if for any reason you don't feel safe or your unit and or trailer fail your pre trip then DON'T TAKE THE LOAD. Its as simple as that linehaul or P&D driver if the street says no big trucks then sit there and call your dispatch and sure he'll get someone else to do it. Fine, LET HE HIM GET THE ROOKIE TO DO IT, if you get a ticket please you dont think you can call your dispatch and demand he pay the ticket because he made you do it. COME ON. before you wont to leave your terminal w/ bad tire or a failed air brake test know this if you get into an accident and R&L finds out after they get the wreckage the mechanics and safety will do a complete inspection and if they find out that the brakes are bad or the tires are bad who do you think there gonna come down on, not the mechanics not the T/M not the dispatcher come on i know you know this, come on... :sombrero2:

Just a small clarification there dirtyneck,If you have a valid delivery on a no thru trucks street you are legally allowed to proceed down that street.

Just a small clarification there dirtyneck,If you have a valid delivery on a no thru trucks street you are legally allowed to proceed down that street.

But what about a delivery on a road that has a weight restriction? I for one am not driving down a road with a weight restriction...

The customer can either meet me, or it will have to go out on a smaller truck...

But what about a delivery on a road that has a weight restriction? I for one am not driving down a road with a weight restriction...

The customer can either meet me, or it will have to go out on a smaller truck...

True Brace but he didn't specify that he said any road with no trucks signs on them.Up here in Connecticut they put up no trucks signs for no reason other than not wanting to have truck on the streets.

At our shop the mechanic leaves at 8 or 8:30 AM. Our P & D runs start between 8 & 9:00. Someone please tell me how this makes sense.

VENDOR!!! Make them do it! And if you are pulling a liftgate that was pulled the day before, hopefully a problem was caught doing the POST-TRIP and was fixed then, not when your route starts the next day!

We have a couple of drivers that are walking out the gate 10 minutes after they hit the yard. How much of a pre trip do you think they do ?

We have a couple of drivers that are walking out the gate 10 minutes after they hit the yard. How much of a pre trip do you think they do ?

And their pre-trip is non-exiestent also....I see a few drivers, who jump in, hook up, roll the dollies up, and go...Never looking at a tire, a light, oil level, or anything else...DANGEROUS!!!!!:TR10driving03:

yeah then when the units breaks or they get stopped at the scales it is the shops fault seems fair to me

Oh no, uh uh. Not at this pathetic company where everyone down to the clerks outrank drivers.

We had a guy get wrote up for getting a level 2, and a ticket for having a light out. Problem is, the light went out on the road. Not his fault, but that's the crapola an outfit like this gets away with.

Here's a good one. A couple of Fridays ago a regular route driver here lacked sufficient hours to work. A floater did his run that day, and this non-driver dragged the trailer air lines that go to the subframe on the ground for about a hundred miles. The spring broke.

Now, I call this idiot an non-driver because not only did he not write it up after he got back, he didn't even know what was wrong. I looked at this trailer the next day and found a 6 inch gash in the sevice line where it wore though, and I say that with an air leak that severe, you'll hear the extra flowing through the valve in the dash when you're sitting at a traffic light. Plus, he HAD to notice that it was getting a little but tougher to stop.

But that's the class of some of the drivers we have here, and because of that, the rest of us are always guilty until proven innocent.

Thanks Is57racer. Good info. Everybody needs to read and print it out . Hang it up in their driver roomat work so everybody sees it.This is YOUR JOB and CAREER .It puts food and a roof over your head. And it might just save a life including yours.
I'm not saying everybody dosent do their job. But there are some who just want a paycheck ,and dont care.

Thanks Is57racer. Good info. Everybody needs to read and print it out . Hang it up in their driver roomat work so everybody sees it.This is YOUR JOB and CAREER .It puts food and a roof over your head. And it might just save a life including yours.
I'm not saying everybody dosent do their job. But there are some who just want a paycheck ,and dont care.

Your Welcome Sir.

:Rulz: I just want everyone to be informed on whats at stake...:1036316054:

we have a big shop in atl but they never have enough parts and have to order from wil and everyone no they always sent wrong parts or part that is already broken r shop is a part shop u can't tell