Central Transport | CSA Score Skyrocket?

". . . shaking out floor mat . . ."

Pfffth! The prosecution rests!

We had one of our L/H drivers get pulled behind the scales in Hubbard, OH on I-80 the other night after a meet with his relay driver out of NJ and again it was overweight. The bills said 34K and he was over gross which the new trucks are only plated for 73,280 lbs. This continues to happen and they know which terminal is responsible but refuse to make corrections. They had to pay a driver from CLV to come out and unload the freight at the scale to make him legal, plus fuel, plus put our driver to bed cause he was out of hours, plus the fine. "Chasing Greatness"

Liken a fine wine, our system just gets better with age!
We had one of our L/H drivers get pulled behind the scales in Hubbard, OH on I-80 the other night after a meet with his relay driver out of NJ and again it was overweight. The bills said 34K and he was over gross which the new trucks are only plated for 73,280 lbs. This continues to happen and they know which terminal is responsible but refuse to make corrections. They had to pay a driver from CLV to come out and unload the freight at the scale to make him legal, plus fuel, plus put our driver to bed cause he was out of hours, plus the fine. "Chasing Greatness"

lmfao. jared will get down to the bottom of this, just as soon as he gets his super hero shirt and utility belt on. lol.

That is because once linehaul leaves with a trailer then linehaul is responsible for it. So the costs are paid by linehaul then divided up and charged back to all the terminals. This is the kind of bureaucracy that was part of Vitran before the merger and I am guessing Fedex as a former Fedex Mgr now runs that terminal. Under Vitran the Mgr was viewed as being "crafty" because his terminal numbers looked good. So you have "Death by a thousand cuts"

Under the PJAX system the linehaul Supervisor would call the TM the next morning and let him know what the problem was so they could be more careful. If the problem continued then the VP of Operations (RP) would call the TM and discuss the situation. That is not a phone call that was not very pleasant.

I don't know of any way a driver or dock employee could influence changing this type of corporate mentality.

That is because once linehaul leaves with a trailer then linehaul is responsible for it. So the costs are paid by linehaul then divided up and charged back to all the terminals. This is the kind of bureaucracy that was part of Vitran before the merger and I am guessing Fedex as a former Fedex Mgr now runs that terminal. Under Vitran the Mgr was viewed as being "crafty" because his terminal numbers looked good. So you have "Death by a thousand cuts"

Under the PJAX system the linehaul Supervisor would call the TM the next morning and let him know what the problem was so they could be more careful. If the problem continued then the VP of Operations (RP) would call the TM and discuss the situation. That is not a phone call that was not very pleasant.

I don't know of any way a driver or dock employee could influence changing this type of corporate mentality.
Sadly, that statement is true at this time.

that is why i remind all linehauls to SEAL their trailer before they leave the yard, that way the driver is not responsible for the freight (except prohibited in same trailer haz mats)

haz mats to close, overweight, falling freight, damaged goods, things missing,,,,,, "Not my problem,the trailer was backed into YOUR dock still sealed"(providing you had a roll door)

More details from the driver that got pulled over. The trailer came out of PLG with 47K on it, and the fine was only $200. No CSA points on the driver. The scalemaster told the driver if your company would have spent the additional $250, the truck would have been plated for 80K. Where's the savings? Plus it cost the company $130 a night to put him up in a motel. "Chasing Greatness"

The Vitanic is about to hit that iceberg!

Ha Ha! Chasing greatness

Silly+cat.+Animal+gif+dump+8+58_13532a_4379717.gif

nothing stopped big block from scaleing the load before he left Brookville to see if it was ok, especially when he said it was pulling real heavy