Central Transport | CT deducts pay checks from banks..

Company Man

TB Lurker
Credits
All hell has broken loose at Louisville Kentucky, Central transport has gone back and deducted, or debited, the paychecks people received on 20 December. This is caused massive overdraft charges and bank fees against the employees had a direct deposit.

More information will follow when I get it.

All hell has broken loose at Louisville Kentucky, Central transport has gone back and deducted, or debited, the paychecks people received on 20 December. This is caused massive overdraft charges and bank fees against the employees had a direct deposit.

More information will follow when I get it.
From a legal perspective it makes no sense at all. They open themselves up for a litigation process that they would most certainly lose. There has to be something more to it.

From a legal perspective it makes no sense at all. They open themselves up for a litigation process that they would most certainly lose. There has to be something more to it.

How much you wanna bet they claim "innocent mistake" status and get away with it?

Come on! Let me hear from all you Central Transport supporters!! :-D

Direct deposit????? Ok I might need some clarification on this one seeing how all they have are paper checks:popcorn::

LOL! Only Central Transport has the ability to screw up a service they DON'T EVEN OFFER!

Obviously someone in payroll is sweating bullets...

=-O

They will be responsible for all associated charges even if it was a mistake...They wouldn't let it go into a litigation process....It's too black and white...All you will need is your bank statements and proof of all out of pocket expenses and they would settle up....Not because it would be the right thing to do but because it would save them a lot of time and money.

Maddie just needed the money for his bail, part of the Ambassador Bridge decking he was forced to pay for, and just being the good ole Grinch, that he is!

Ok, here's more info:

Some of us at LVL/402 were still on Cronos as of a week ago. This system was used by Vitran to log our hours, and from this, Virran people got paid via direct deposit. Not all of us had handhelds so they still used Vitran's punch-in/punch-out to keep track of hours. December 20 th, some people at LVL/402 got paper checks, some got paper and a direct deposit (which hit their accounts at 12am that morning) and others got only direct deposit. Anybody that got a direct deposit got that direct deposit removed from their bank accounts last night around midnight, December 22. As far as I can tell, some people receiving a direct deposit may have been paid twice, others it appears that their paper check and direct deposit equalled 100% of what they where due, others are still short hours, and even a few that got only a direct depost only because they had never logged in on a handheld..

So, that facts are, LVL drivers have written checks and paid bills off these direct deposits...so last night, when CT yanked back their Funds, this put a bunch of people in the red...they got checks in the mail!!! All these will hit and due to lack of funds will create over-draft situations.. One driver who didn't not receive a paper check at all, so he wasnt one of those guys getting twice paid, had his direct deposit pulled too.. He has NO money at all now.. None.

More to come when I know

I'm sure Matty is home crying for his drivers.

"Guys, give those drivers extra hours during the holidays so they can have money for Christmas... (at straight time, of course.)"

Truthfully I hope this isn't true because if so it's a bad day for all ct drivers as this only confirms the strangle hold ct has over its drivers. The intimadation and scare tactics will only increase for every driver from this point on a prime example why to learn to live below your means.

Truthfully I hope this isn't true because if so it's a bad day for all ct drivers as this only confirms the strangle hold ct has over its drivers. The intimadation and scare tactics will only increase for every driver from this point on a prime example why to learn to live below your means.

No... It's a prime example of why not to work for Central.

Excellent post...Everyone needs to start working on paying off your debt so you don't have to be at the mercy of companies like this...They lick their chops when you go out and buy that new truck...Learn to live within your means, it's the best gift you could ever give yourself....That old truck you got will go another 100K.....Get your money's worth and keep your flexibility intact while your at it.

Excellent post...Everyone needs to start working on paying off your debt so you don't have to be at the mercy of companies like this...They lick their chops when you go out and buy that new truck...Learn to live within your means, it's the best gift you could ever give yourself....That old truck you got will go another 100K.....Get your money's worth and keep your flexibility intact while your at it.

That right there is sound advice for anyone working anywhere..
All my cars are older and everything I have is paid for, sure, I could finance that 50k truck and look like I am somebody but I prefer to drive my old **** and look like a nobody.. A debt free nobody.

That right there is sound advice for anyone working anywhere..
All my cars are older and everything I have is paid for, sure, I could finance that 50k truck and look like I am somebody but I prefer to drive my old **** and look like a nobody.. A debt free nobody.
I always like it when the boss agrees with me.....Thanks, Jeff.