Central Transport | CT deducts pay checks from banks..

Certainly. Everybody knows this, hence the rage when we were told this. Everybody knows Vitran doesn't take a s___ without Big Daddy's approval.

Right now everyone is learning some dang hard lessons about Central. But guys, that's precisely what they should be- LESSONS. (Things you LEARN from.) Whether you decide to stay or go, do not let what is happening be lost on you. The ONLY reason I was prepared for this disaster is because I've paid attention to what this company has done to other companies it's swallowed up.

Want some good advice from an old guy?

"Those who are not students of History are doomed to repeat it."

"Experience is NOT the best teacher. SOMEONE ELSE'S experience is the best teacher."

Right now everyone is learning some dang hard lessons about Central. But guys, that's precisely what they should be- LESSONS. (Things you LEARN from.) Whether you decide to stay or go, do not let what is happening be lost on you. The ONLY reason I was prepared for this disaster is because I've paid attention to what this company has done to other companies it's swallowed up.

Want some good advice from an old guy?

"Those who are not students of History are doomed to repeat it."

"Experience is NOT the best teacher. SOMEONE ELSE'S experience is the best teacher."
Some guys are trapped and have no place to go because of all of their debt....The bills keep coming and the kids got to eat.....Many have learned but sadly they learned too late. The best they can do at this point is wait for a better opportunity and move forward having learned from the past.

Some guys are trapped and have no place to go because of all of their debt....The bills keep coming and the kids got to eat.....Many have learned but sadly they learned too late. The best they can do at this point is wait for a better opportunity and move forward having learned from the past.

I agree... Almost.

Do not WAIT for a better opportunity- go FIND it. (Then go back to Central and encourage your hard working brothers to do the same.)

Otherwise you'll end up like this guy....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkXGqj9cgY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=1QkXGqj9cgY

I agree... Almost.

Do not WAIT for a better opportunity- go FIND it. (Then go back to Central and encourage your hard working brothers to do the same.)

that is exactly what I did, went and found a better opportunity, money is good, work environment is great,equipment is great, and best of all I am treated like a human being not a low life scumbag, and I have tried to pass the opportunity along but the schedule is not appetizing to most drivers.

I agree... Almost.

Great song and easy to play.... And you are right you must go find it..... But you should know that in this economy it's not always that easy to replace what you have grown accustomed to making. Having said that as long as people are willing to stay as they are or to stay only with the familiar and not take risk and try new things out, then it is, by definition, impossible to grow and find opportunities for a better life.

Great song and easy to play.... And you are right you must go find it..... But you should know that in this economy it's not always that easy to replace what you hurave grown accustomed to making. Having said that as long as people are willing to stay as they are or to stay only with the familiar and not take risk and try new things out, then it is, by definition, impossible to grow and find opportunities for a better life.

That's exactly the problem, train. It doesn't appear very many drivers ARE making what they've been making. Sure- they tell you the pay rate is the same.... but then they sit you home or short your check or "clock you off" without your knowledge. Or my personal favorite- screwing with your start times... Ask the Detroit drivers how many times they've shown up to work and then had to sit for an hour or more before they were allowed to clock in. That's a waste of time. You know what time is? -LIFE. Time is life. When you waste my time you steal some of my life that I can never get back. You offer me nothing in return. That's MUCH different than a voluntary TRADE of my time and labor for monetary compensation. It serves to show how much they value your life.

I know the economy is bad. Truly I do. But allowing this company to treat you like they have without at least looking for more baffles me. Sincerely.

That's exactly the problem, train. It doesn't appear very many drivers ARE making what they've been making. Sure- they tell you the pay rate is the same.... but then they sit you home or short your check or "clock you off" without your knowledge. Or my personal favorite- screwing with your start times... Ask the Detroit drivers how many times they've shown up to work and then had to sit for an hour or more before they were allowed to clock in. That's a waste of time. You know what time is? -LIFE. Time is life. When you waste my time you steal some of my life that I can never get back. You offer me nothing in return. That's MUCH different than a voluntary TRADE of my time and labor for monetary compensation. It serves to show how much they value your life.

I know the economy is bad. Truly I do. But allowing this company to treat you like they have without at least looking for more baffles me. Sincerely.

Some here are looking, applying and doing as much as they possibly can for this time of year as opposed to just "wintering" it out.

that is exactly what I did, went and found a better opportunity, money is good, work environment is great,equipment is great, and best of all I am treated like a human being not a low life scumbag, and I have tried to pass the opportunity along but the schedule is not appetizing to most drivers.

Keep letting your friends know of opportunities you hear about, Fudgie. I see more and more drivers starting to figure things out. It's a good sign. My brother always tells me "Ya can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." I always reply "If I hold his head under water long enough, he's dang sure ta suck somethin'!"

It's how I'm wired. :-P

I know some guys are "wintering it out". I'm cool with that. It's the guys who are waiting for things to get better that scare me. Wait too long and you won't be able to afford to leave.

i see alot of the c.t. drivers are under the c.t. spell (AT LEAST WE HAVE A JOB, THE CHECKS CASH and WE CAN WORK AS MUCH AS WE WANT) and judging from some of the personal vehicles they're driving that they've got to work as much as they can. this company loves an employee who lives check to check and begs for the work, with the way the pay and o.t. is structured you have to practically live here to make a decent check.

i see alot of the c.t. drivers are under the c.t. spell (AT LEAST WE HAVE A JOB, THE CHECKS CASH and WE CAN WORK AS MUCH AS WE WANT) and judging from some of the personal vehicles they're driving that they've got to work as much as they can. this company loves an employee who lives check to check and begs for the work, with the way the pay and o.t. is structured you have to practically live here to make a decent check.

LVL would differ on the concept that the "checks cash" until Matty pulls them back out of your bank.

Very Interesting Situation. I worked in the Pa. courts and dealt with many bad checks. First all the facts do not seem to be evident. I dont think it is possible to deposit money into an account of another and then withdraw it later. Banks are very fussy about allowing people to dip into another persons account. But there could be a bounced check or a stop payment at the issuers bank. Or not sending it at all. In the first case (bad Check)a criminal charge could be possilble. However many states I believe has a notification process the victim must go through, giving the issuer a chance to make it good within so many days. A Stop payment check and failing to send the check can result in a civil suit normally. As to people bouncing checks. At some point we have responsibility to make sure money is in our account before we issue a check. So that would be very interesting if the Central Transport will have to be responsible for bounced checks. It could go either way.

In Pa. there is a wage payment and collection law. If an employee receives a regular pay check on a regular day. Then if the employer fails to make the payment as they normally do they open themselves to having to pay the wages plus a severe monetary penalty that goes to the employee. This of course is designed to make sure employers dont withold wages and screw over the employee and then when push comes to shove only pay what they should have paid originally. The victims should get the facts in detail. They should see if their state has laws to protect workers. Then see if they come under the law. Then they should push their rights. In Pa. this is handled at the lower community courts. Many workers do not know about this law.

Good advice would be for the victims to ban together and get a good lawyers advice. Also there are a lot of possibilities of using the "minor Courts" with minimal cost initially.

It appears by looking at my bank deposit for today a $72.10 net, that somehow I got screwed out of the 2 days for training, as I heard it to be paid at 12 hrs per day. Monday 12/09 was my last Vitran day. Tues & Weds was training at CT, supposedly Vitran was handling these 2 days. Then Thurs & Friday on CT's payroll. I sure am hoping that 12/10, 11,12 & 13 show up on CT's live check.

Jepstr
It may be a simple administrative/office confusion. I would nicely contact the person handling the check and figure it out.
Just get answers and indicate you were to be paid for this. See what happens. If no success. Then you have to decide
it it is worth fighting about. Much depends on how much worker clout and protection you have.
I joined this site today. Mainly because I happened to be searching the web and come across the concern about not payment of wages.
I dont like to see workers get the short end of the stick. Theres a good chance you should receive this I would think. Employees usually are not expected to attend
things as part of their work without compensation. If you are an employee at the time? There are laws that require employers to do certain things. Being in a Union often helps.

you will most likely get paid by c.t. for those training days, but i doubt you'll get 12 hrs for it. i picture you will get paid for exactly the time you worked on those days.