CT.Ice Missile law is in effect,truckers will be fined for ice& snow on roofs

And what about the lazy dopes in cars who barely clear enough to see out the front window and then take off?

I am not exactly sure why this should be an issue, if people had half a brain they would just stay off our tails..lol

this is what i get with your link...

We're sorry, we cannot find what you are looking for. Would you like to look for something else?

but, regarding wild hearts posting about staying off our tails.....

"neva gonna happen"......

why is it "ok" for a 4 wheeler to tailgate us.....

but when we do it, we get nailed for it...???

professional or not...tailgating IS tailgating.....

It is not OK, and I see them getting nailed for that, and many other things all the time.

you might be lucky enough to see the 4 wheelers get pulled over for tailgating, i do not. what i do see is them getting nailed for speeding, at least, after they pass by me, and go past the hiding spots the troopers are at.

and like you, i also see many 4 wheelers on the roads with a lot of snow on 'em.

I am not exactly sure why this should be an issue, if people had half a brain they would just stay off our tails..lol

Damit girl....thats funny right there.....half a brain....didnt know folks out there had half a brain....they sure dont have half a brain out here on the east coast.

That's okay, it'll still be fun in the Windy on the thru ways until roads are lowered or new overpasses are installed.

GLAD I no longer go north of new jersey, when the rare times i'm in n.j.

The morons out here in Utah don't even clear it away from their headlights, license plate and taillights, let alone from the rest of the car. All truck yards and truck stops should really have one of those bars going across, and all you have to do is drive thru it. Make it adjustable.

I just edited my post the first post that started this topic,& posted a useful link.

Here it is again if you don't want to go back to the top of the first page.

Capitol Connection: Ice missiles and winter road safety - Opinion - Foothills Media Group
thanks for the link that worked.....

and this quote from thew second page.....
"While this was a controversial issue for commercial drivers, the law is essential to keeping our roads safe during the winter months."

to wit i will respond......then why aren't the snow plows out EARLY to treat the roads, and why aren't there MORE plows out there during snow storms..??

i cannot even begin to say how many times i'll be on the roads, and nary see a plow truck, all the while people are spinning out, albeit DUMB 4 wheelers that CANNOT drive on dry roads. each state has "on call" plow drivers (contractors) that get out there when the snows start to fly, yet all i ever see them do is constantly go over the same area and not extend their plowing a bit further down the road, leaving many miles of roadway untouched.

The morons out here in Utah don't even clear it away from their headlights, license plate and taillights, let alone from the rest of the car. All truck yards and truck stops should really have one of those bars going across, and all you have to do is drive thru it. Make it adjustable.

all truck yards....all truck stops, and all you have to do is drive under it...????

ok.....what about costs......cost to buy, cost to maintain, cost to have someone plow the snow away from the device..???

are YOU prepared to PAY for those costs..???

then by YOUR thinking, shouldn't ALL DOT scale house's have them as well...???

how about ALL states RE-OPENING ALL CLOSED rest areas, and specifically having a "drive-thru" snow removal service for truckers..????

i mean if it is a state order to clean off the big rigs, what better way to milk us cash cows for the state coffers..???

you think that ALL truck stops and ALL truck yards can absorb such costs, with out finding a way to milk us, then what about ALL those times, when YOU are at a truckstop, and the device DOES NOT WORK...??? what will YOU do then...???

tell the cops, "uh...well...i...i...i...wanted to have it done at the truck stop down the road......but....but ...but the machine was not working......"

can you say..."here's your ticket"....?????

i really cannot wait to retire in less than 5 years from now, so all you people that say "should really have"...yada...yada..yada.....can have all the answers that ALL OF YOU pay for.....

I see a mobile invention for the 'Shark Tank to invest in.

A flatbed with an adjustable bar which can swing out to either side as well as raise & lower according to roof heights.
Such as the hydraulic booms,on roofing,& concrete block supply trucks.

Could ride around to truck stops & trucking yards charging so much per unit to remove snow & ice.
Would have to be in partner with a snow plower to push the fallen snow out of the way.

There you go I have the idea,only thing is lacking at my end is the money.