Central Transport | CT offers PAY INCREASE to keep drivers. LOL

Yes it does happen everywhere Skeeter but when you work at the worst LTL trucking company in the business it happens much more often. Central Transport reputation speaks for itself. Just ask anyone.

I hear you driver. At least it is a job till something better comes along...

For a minute I thought you guys were talking about the Big Purple LTL Co. I hear all over the USA drivers, dock workers even Supervisors are walking or if they don't do what FEDEX says its good by. They let customer freight sit in Salt Lk for weeks due to lack of drivers and staff. If you are thinking about them, I hope you line drivers like dock work cuz thats whats its coming too. Their new bids come out next week and several guys I know are really worried about the future at FEDEX. I finallly got fedup with the BS they dish out daily and now wear the Green uniform. OD is a real trucking Co that respects their employees and boy am I glad I got the job. Best of luck at CT, it sounds like thats all you guys have over there and it might not be the best of luck. Take care amd watch out after each other. Maybe they will smarten up and try to turn your place around.

For a minute I thought you guys were talking about the Big Purple LTL Co. I hear all over the USA drivers, dock workers even Supervisors are walking or if they don't do what FEDEX says its good by. They let customer freight sit in Salt Lk for weeks due to lack of drivers and staff. If you are thinking about them, I hope you line drivers like dock work cuz thats whats its coming too. Their new bids come out next week and several guys I know are really worried about the future at FEDEX. I finallly got fedup with the BS they dish out daily and now wear the Green uniform. OD is a real trucking Co that respects their employees and boy am I glad I got the job. Best of luck at CT, it sounds like thats all you guys have over there and it might not be the best of luck. Take care amd watch out after each other. Maybe they will smarten up and try to turn your place around.
Good luck, glad to hear you are happy with your change. But I can't see how anyone can be happy with 60 hrs a week @ straight time. :shrug:

They have had decades to smarten up but they choose not to. The business model they have is simple. Drivers are expendable and just part of their business model...They expect massive turnover and they eat the cost associated with that. It has worked for them for decades and if it isn't broke don't fix it. That is simply their mindset and I don't expect it will every change.

Good luck, glad to hear you are happy with your change. But I can't see how anyone can be happy with 60 hrs a week @ straight time. :shrug:
See for me that's the problem with the LTL business. I don't want to work 60 hours.....Hell, I'm happy with 40 ......For most it's about the money but for me it's about quality time spent with my family. When your not drowning in debt you have different options. In the LTL business starting over at the bottom means long and bad hours which is why I have chosen a different career path up until now. I've gotten out of driving all together but because I've done it all my life I find myself missing it. Me and my wife are set financially so I've decided to either do some temp. work locally or get on with a company that has a small fleet and drive for them locally....Day's and 15hr to 16hr is just fine with me....and those jobs are all over Dallas...My wife covers me on her healthcare so I'm covered there. Actually I don't even have to work at all because of good financial decisions, but in truth I need to work for my mental health because its just the way I'm wired. I don't want to wake up one day and realize I've worked my life away and in that process I sacrificed too much time on the thing that truly matters in our lives.....FAMILY.

Last edited by a moderator:
You chose the wise path train, most people live beyond their means and back themselves into a corner. I pay everything with cash, one credit card and no car loan either. I can come and go as I please without consequences which is a great thing.

They have had decades to smarten up but they choose not to. The business model they have is simple. Drivers are expendable and just part of their business model...They expect massive turnover and they eat the cost associated with that. It has worked for them for decades and if it isn't broke don't fix it. That is simply their mindset and I don't expect it will every change.

I think the rest of the industry is starting to follow...

If you are saying FedEx has freight sitting in Salt Lake for weeks for any reason I find that a little hard to swallow...

See for me that's the problem with the LTL business. I don't want to work 60 hours.....Hell, I'm happy with 40 ......For most it's about the money but for me it's about quality time spent with my family. When your not drowning in debt you have different options. In the LTL business starting over at the bottom means long and bad hours which is why I have chosen a different career path up until now. I've gotten out of driving all together but because I've done it all my life I find myself missing it. Me and my wife are set financially so I've decided to either do some temp. work locally or get on with a company that has a small fleet and drive for them locally....Day's and 15hr to 16hr is just fine with me....and those jobs are all over Dallas...My wife covers me on her healthcare so I'm covered there. Actually I don't even have to work at all because of good financial decisions, but in truth I need to work for my mental health because its just the way I'm wired. I don't want to wake up one day and realize I've worked my life away and in that process I sacrificed too much time on the thing that truly matters in our lives.....FAMILY.

This was the main reason I decided not to start over at another LTL company, but go another direction, paychecks aren't as big but neither is stress level, and I don't come home looking like I'm about to pass out and beaten down.

This was the main reason I decided not to start over at another LTL company, but go another direction, paychecks aren't as big but neither is stress level, and I don't come home looking like I'm about to pass out and beaten down.
I hear you brother....Unless you are drowning in debt and have no other choice your best to get out of LTL.....Money is good but the stress level is off the chart. That extra money won't don't me any good when I have a stroke or heart attack from the stress level.....It's a young mans game now. I had a good run but it's over. It's time to walk away while I still can.....I will gladly pass the torch to the young men and wish them the best in the ever changing world of LTL.

I'm with ya brotha Train! My next move is out of a truck. I've got a little left on my car and some minor changes to make, and I could almost work part time.

We're also starting a business, so I'm seeing where that goes before I shake it up too much.

Things here just keep getting more troubling. They're throwing the blame for all the bad decisions on the drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lots of companies that want drivers part-time. A little over a year ago, I worked for a company just on the weekends and made about $600 a week.

Craigs list is a good place to start if you want something part-time.

There are lots of companies that want drivers part-time. A little over a year ago, I worked for a company just on the weekends and made about $600 a week.

Craigs list is a good place to start if you want something part-time.
And those are the jobs I will target. The option you have when your close to retirement and not drowning in debt.

I would advise everyone not to sell your soul to the Devil......Sometimes it's not about money....It's about peace of mind. And that is in short supply at Central Transport for most of us.

Sold my soul a while back, then had to buy it back for three times the amount I got when I sold out!