Central Transport | CT says that you can drive when using the 16 hour rule.

Once per period due to bad weather or breakdown. You are allowed 2 extra hours.

That's what the DOT law states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also a short haul exemption u can work 1 16 hour day every 7 days...u must be home everyday....u use this at saia....look it up in the rule book it's there

you can use the 16 hr. once per 70 hr cycle. you still need to take 10 hr off-duty after the 16th. you cannot extent the cycle to 72 hrs. you must return to you home domicle after every shift. i belive you are still limited to 11 hr drive time per shift.

That is correct. .... in the 16 hours you are allowed only 11 hours of drive time. ... it is meant for road hazards... accidents....weather

Weather exemption is u gain 2 hours of drive time but can only work fourteen hours...short haul exemption u can work up 2 sixteen hours but do not gain any drive time....they are two diffrent things..

Google 16 hour rule, and you will get all the info you need. This "16 hour rule" is interpreted differently by each, and every DOT officer the way they want to see it. If you are short haul you can use it only once per your 70 hour (7 days). It doesn't apply to your 11 hours of drive time, or your 10 hour re-set. Basically LTL City drivers could, or can put one 16 hour day in, and probably never even come close to their 11 hours of drive time. It is called the "short haul" exemption. Over the road drivers is different. It gets a little tricky, and I will not even attempt to explain it because everyone has their own interpretation.