Central Transport | ct top rate ?

Please tell us about clocking in and out, it is my understanding that this occurs with the hand held scanner when we scan our tractor. Is this correct? Are we going to loose not being on the clock while waiting for our load or how ever the morning start happens?

Clocking in is done via you're hand held, it won't let you log in before your scheduled start time. If you're a city driver you start getting paid as soon as you log in, regardless if your load is ready or not. There is no need to scan the tractor in order to start getting paid.

sent from my Crifftastic $3

Clocking in is done via you're hand held, it won't let you log in before your scheduled start time. If you're a city driver you start getting paid as soon as you log in, regardless if your load is ready or not. There is no need to scan the tractor in order to start getting paid.

sent from my Crifftastic $3
This post is productive....This is what needs to start happening.

Let me assure you that if you are a good driver and you have been on a route for years you are going no where. However if you are a scum bag driver with a **** poor attitude you will be bumped by a senior Vitran driver in a heart beat....Each terminal manager makes that decision. My decision on whether I stay is this....Start time....I won't start later than 10AM.....period.....I also won't drive a sleeper in the city....They do in Dallas but it won't be me. And I will tell the TM straight up. He can send me packing because I don't give a ****. This is a option I have because I don't live pay check to pay check...Its not about the money for me personally. I will work for some Mom and Pop outfit for 12 bucks an hour if I have good hours and a good truck and peace of mind....Did you ever notice that some people never have enough, and other people always have enough?
Whenever other people are upset, always remember that they own the upset, and that you can refuse to join them...Needing approval is tantamount to saying, "Your view of me is more important than my own opinion of myself."

I was wrong on the dovetailing.But I also told you we don't bid on runs or start times, which means no bumping guys off their runs.I also told you seniority only means you could pick vacation first! That's all that dovetailing will mean at ct. So welcome aboard

we were told yesterday all drivers roll out at 7am?

I would like to think that we will try to work together as a team....We are all stuck in this together. This petty bickering really doesn't help us. I will stay as long as I'm treated fairly. If I'm not my CDL is my ticket out. We are both bottom feeders but it doesn't always have to be that way.
I'm trying to work together, but when you and others get on tb and say a ct driver smells looks homeless etc.etc. etc. Its seems like your not trying. All you do is perpetuate the negative stereotypes about ct. I've seen vitran drivers do unthinkable things on the road, but do I post them...no-you need to stop the ct bashing!! You need to stop pulling the curtain back on ct,or I'll really pull the skirt up on vitran so the world can see as well.

I have done my fair share of trash talk about both vitran and central. However, the up shot is we are getting this worked through our systems on TB. I have a feeling some of this will get worked out in the parking lot and folks will lose their job.

I do not always stick to it but I have begun curbing my complaints in the open.

I really don't understand why drivers are putting each other down we all are doing the same jobs every day. It's not the driver that created this buyout. Quite frankly if they wouldn't have bought us someone else would have. Both sides are in this together. Maybe it's time we accept this an try to get along.

I'm trying to work together, but when you and others get on tb and say a ct driver smells looks homeless etc.etc. etc. Its seems like your not trying. All you do is perpetuate the negative stereotypes about ct. I've seen vitran drivers do unthinkable things on the road, but do I post them...no-you need to stop the ct bashing!! You need to stop pulling the curtain back on ct,or I'll really pull the skirt up on vitran so the world can see as well.
Fair enough, I should not have said that after all we have some real stinkers too. I just don't understand why people don't take more pride in their appearance and practice good hygiene....How do you politely tell someone they have bad breath or stink? I used poor judgment in that comment and for that I'm sorry. I should not have singled anyone out. I think we are all frustrated to some degree and at times make poor choices.

basically were all burned out of all that's gone on with this company and we kept going backwards in our compensation while asked to do more, while the people who put us in this mess did'nt miss a beat and got a nice golden parachute for their departure. now the thought of going another round with setbacks does not sit well and most are taking evasive actions. it seems to work out best for people with about 5 yrs and under, but not so much for the higher ranks.

basically were all burned out of all that's gone on with this company and we kept going backwards in our compensation while asked to do more, while the people who put us in this mess did'nt miss a beat and got a nice golden parachute for their departure. now the thought of going another round with setbacks does not sit well and most are taking evasive actions. it seems to work out best for people with about 5 yrs and under, but not so much for the higher ranks.

couldn't agree more, for most of the senior drivers this is going to be a lose lose, the only positives I can come up with is we have a job and get to keep our seniority (good for vacations and that's it), besdies that I figure the buyout will cost my household between 250-350 a week (ot calculation, higher insurance, city income taxes, more gas to work, etc) so yes like the letters said my base pay will not be reduced but by my estimates my check and what my family has to live on sure will be reduced.

Just ride the storm until its over....Look at your options and make a change if needed. The wolf is always at the door, just never forget that.

Just ride the storm until its over....Look at your options and make a change if needed. The wolf is always at the door, just never forget that.

on paper I've adjusted my standard of living as much as I can, I'm down to oil lamps for light and eating hot dogs and mac and cheese and still have not offset the difference in pay.

on paper I've adjusted my standard of living as much as I can, I'm down to oil lamps for light and eating hot dogs and mac and cheese and still have not offset the difference in pay.
i crunched the numbers also, this is the same pay (when it's all said and done) as i started at pjax over a decade ago.

Hey, watch it I like hotdogs and mac and cheese....One of my favorites.

Has anyone even heard what ct top rate is? Here at my barn no one has a clue. And what's worse is no one in management is telling us. From what we were told if they move to our barn an there 9 year man is at top rate of 25 an hour he will keep it an if our 9 year man is at 22 an hour he will stay the same. If that's the case they will be losing alot of real good P&D drivers.

Has anyone even heard what ct top rate is? Here at my barn no one has a clue. And what's worse is no one in management is telling us. From what we were told if they move to our barn an there 9 year man is at top rate of 25 an hour he will keep it an if our 9 year man is at 22 an hour he will stay the same. If that's the case they will be losing alot of real good P&D drivers.

we were given a sheet showing the top rate for our area @ 20.50 after 4 years, if your above that you keep your rate but are frozen till their top rate exceeds yours.

basically it depends if c.t. moves into a vitran terminal or vise versa, if there's anything thing to gain it leans to that terminal pay structure. as far as linehaul, if c.t.s flat rate is higher pay for a route than vitrans mileage, vitran driver gets the flat rate. if the mileage pay is greater, vitran driver keeps his mileage pay. but we got to take into consideration that in some areas the coverage will be smaller and the areas will be different, which will effect the number$.