Cubed out trailer

Cajuntex

TB Lurker
Credits
No room in back of trailer. No forklift, no dock. Just a driver staring at 13.5 ft high boxes. How do y'all get this off without a dock.

No room in back of trailer. No forklift, no dock. Just a driver staring at 13.5 ft high boxes. How do y'all get this off without a dock.
Basically throw crap to the ground/restack what isn't going to that stop until you have room. Hope you don't fall, stinks if it's overloaded and snowy/icy out. Helps if 1st stop is a big one.
Sysco in KC just got hit with an OSHA fine over this. A guy fell out/broke his heel so a bunch of guys started collecting pics showing that we have no room to safely stand, someone turned them all over to OSHA and filed a complaint. $11,000 fine (peanuts to them) but now they have to eliminate the fall hazard.

Exactly!! Fall hazard for sure. Thanks lazlo. To me just plan stupid and disrespectful. Customers must really love seeing a driver getting product off a cubed out trailer. Man I hope that doesn't fall and hit his head causing him to fall off back end of trailer and break his whateverers!!

It sucks, basically you lose a ton of time on the first few stops because you wind up touching everything about 6 times until you get the first couple pallets worked off.

Why can't management get with the loaders to try to make the drivers job easier. All the pressure on drivers and
Now they have to deal with cubed out trailers with no room. It's a time killer and safety concern. Team work involves all parties right.

Money. .21 a case for me is .21 a case regardless of how much time it may take me to dig it out. Making my job easier would mean they'd have to put on extra bodies in the warehouse, so they'd be paying more people to ship the same number of cases. They're not willing to spend that money when they know that I'll find a way to get that case out one way or another. The entire company is geared towards warehouse efficiency.

I always hated when the freezer was loaded to the ceiling and right to the door, because it would never fail it would happen on a rainy day and the 2" door jamb lip at the bottom would ice up and you'd need both hands just to hang on let alone try to pull stuff off from the top.