FedEx Freight | Cummins X15, Eaton trans, ADB, Wingman

Snaponfan1

snaponfan1
Credits
just curious how you drivers feel about your experiences thus far with Cummins X-15, the Eaton Trans(shifting) Bendix Air Disc Brakes, Bendix Wingman Fusion. Thanks for your time

My Volvo has this set up, I love the disk brakes. Huge improvement. It is going through nOX sensors like crazy though. Three in under 50k miles. Several others at our barn are going down with the same thing. (Easy enough fix)

My biggest complaint with the Volvo is the driver's side fuel tank placement. You can't get access to it with the driver's door closed.

YRC has theirs set up with the DEF tank in front of the fuel tank. (Opposite of ours). This let's them access the filler cap on the fuel tank without scraping the paint off of the door... Our old Volvos rusted out in that spot. DEF tanks fill more on the side than the top, so there's no issue with them in front...

Volvo 12spd is VASTLY superior.
The Eaton 10 is always hunting for gears, especially if you are taking off, or taking a slow speed turn. Also, it will get your ass run slap over
Goes something like this.

"Ok, time to start moving. Apply throttle...........
..... wait, wait.... OK, here we goooo.... (premature shift, pause, pause, pause,,,, check wristwatch... goes from 2nd gear to 5th,bogs,,,putters for 15ft, decides that isnt working, drops to 4th, mild acceleration, grabs 5th IMMEDIATELY short shifts into 6th,bogs) Look out window, Envy onld woman on walker who is making great time.

Or, how about this gem.
Crank tractor, apply brake, shift into D..... apply throttle.... nothing happens. Red light flashing by shifter. Dash code for Trans fault.
Turn off key, read War and Peace while trans un-fvcks itself.

Meanwhile, the Volvo will pull a wheelie yanking a 45,000lb set.
Pull out in traffic? No problem, driver! Lays into the boost, runs the RPMs up, grabs a gear super quick, keeps the party going.

I wouldn't know. Still stuck in a 14 year old T50. We've put some permanently out of service due to rust holes in the frames. My fingers are crossed hoping for new ones next fiscal year.

One key in traffic to the new ultra shift, it wants to start off in 2nd. No need. Even with 80 k#, manually up shift to 3rd while sitting at the light. It has plenty of torque. Will take off fine and shift normally. Way quicker out of the hole. If you let it start in 2nd, it shifts to 3rd, over rev's the hell out of 3rd before skipping fourth. Way slow.

ST
This does not work.
It bogs badly, even when unloaded if you start in 3rd,then,it always skips to 5th,and bogs again.

Just terrible.

Bottom line is Eaton dropped the ball and is now playing catch up with the Volvo I-shift which is highly superior...and don’t give us this excuse about the 3/4 throttle ::shit:: either, it doesn’t matter if ur 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or hammer down, junk is junk!! The I-shift doesn’t require 3/4 throttle in order to work properly, they understand that drivers drive flat footed so they designed their transmissions accordingly, perhaps Eaton should‘ve taken a page from their playbook...just sayin’!!

The new Peterbuilts are nice the transmission seemed a lot smoother than the KW's. I didn't pay any attention to what kind of transmission it had though.

No one complaining about the fenders/ splash guards on the new Petes? Cannot pull 5th wheel pin, by hand, when the air assist fails. They do fail, and it doesn't seem to be a deadline item with any urgency to fix.

So, each such truck must carry a dock hook, in order to reach in and grab the handle? Nice...

Aww come on, Swamp. It's not that tough.....unless your built like a T-Rex........:17142:
Now this dirty wheel thing is a real problem...
It's not the reach (length) that's a problem.

It's getting the handle, with hand wrapped around it (girth), past the flap.

Common debate in certain circles, length vs girth.

In this case, girth is a liability.

Cleanliness is a different matter entirely, Dave. :6817: