FedEx Freight | Cummins X15, Eaton trans, ADB, Wingman

I like the ride of the KW R189xx vs the somewhat dated KW R145xx.
I had a old Volvo 468xx great pulling power but such a harsh ride.
Petes pull decent and I like how you can turn on the enjine and upshift it to 3rd and it automatically defaults back to third when you stop. Also like how the Pete's has an aggressive flash/tune to the tranny it'll skip gears if you're bobtailing. On the cons side I hate the interior layout . It's cramped don't like the amber lighting and some buttons aren't backlit. It reminds me of a cross between an international and the ol' KW 1700900.
Just curious, what program does your truck have???? My dump truck riding KW will start in third and skip gears when loaded but when pulling empties or regening it goes through every single gear...I look out the driver’s window and I’m envious of Grandma and her walker moving faster than me!!

Just curious, what program does your truck have???? My dump truck riding KW will start in third and skip gears when loaded but when pulling empties or regening it goes through every single gear...I look out the driver’s window and I’m envious of Grandma and her walker moving faster than me!!
I'll try and get back to you on that. I've only had this tractor for a few weeks

No problem at all for this driver, the voices keep my awake.
Not a problem for many night drivers that share a tractor with various city drivers with questionable hygiene. Hard to sleep when you’re gagging and retching because your tractor smells so bad.
Maybe they smell due to sweating from loading and unloading freight and climbing in and out of the truck and trailer 20 or more times a day. Hard to work up a good sweat on a meet and turn with the a/c on blast.

Finally got some feedback from a driver who has the new Cummings X15 engine with Eaton’s new pneumatic 12 speed and he said it still SUCKS...no better than the electric 10 speeds!!

IMO I think it boils down to Eaton trying to pacify the company and their mpg demands rather than the driver wanted performance. In order to meet the fuel demands the company desires, the ECM’s will never allow the engine RPM’s to get high enough for the transmissions to pull/takeoff like they should which is why Eaton’s auto shifts suck!!
Volvo has figured out how to make this work but for some reason Eaton is still behind the eight ball....

Having 12 gears in the Volvo and only 10 in the Eaton is the big difference in my opinion. The volvo is much more civilized on city streets, though the new Eaton with the X15 has better power and gearing in the mountains. Had 5 years in R13xxx volvo six months now in R209xx, Peterbilt.

ST