Yellow | Curiosity from a none educated guy

Did they sell or go BK?

I wondered what happened to APA. Used to interline all of their CA shipments with one of my previous employers. 88th street in North Bergen NJ. I can still recall their old phone number 201-869-6600. Hadn't done business with them since 1990ish.
Basically, The same situation as NEMF. The owner was done and his children didn’t want the successful profitable business. They had other interests. They now own and operate the NY waterway ferry service.

Did they sell or go BK?

I wondered what happened to APA. Used to interline all of their CA shipments with one of my previous employers. 88th street in North Bergen NJ. I can still recall their old phone number 201-869-6600. Hadn't done business with them since 1990ish.
That’s pretty good considering when asked I have to take a second to remember my own number.

Basically, The same situation as NEMF. The owner was done and his children didn’t want the successful profitable business. They had other interests. They now own and operate the NY waterway ferry service.
I disagree, if a company is profitable why would any smart business man give it up?Something else happened.
APA was a great company with decent service, they struggled on next day lanes due to a massive dragline in Bergen. Thus consistent second day service was what they sold. They were very good at that.
When the world changed and later pickup with next day delivery came into vogue, APA was the odd man out.
Again a union carrier living in a world they could not compete in.
NEMF was slightly different, they were allowed to withdraw from the teamsters union. Then brought in the Machinists Union as the house puppets. Unfortunately one child died and he was most likely to take over. The Daughter, well we all know what happened there...
But again a union LTL carrier trying to compete with others with much higher quality services.They failed.
Every union LTL carrier dies. We are down to two.