SAIA | curious?

mudhole

TB Lurker
Credits
I am currently working for Yellow.I have been with them 5 years and we've been laid off again. I am a linehaul driver with over 30 years experience. No tickets No chargibles. I work in Richfield Oh. I have went online and submitted an application. I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the linehaul work rules? Pay? Assigned equipment? Forced dockwork? Customer pickups/deliveries? Overnight? How many days out? Paid weekly?
Uniforms or dress code? If you have a bid, how many days do you work? Paperwork- run sheet and logbook or more? Is there a system to address grievances?BENEFITS?

Eaglescout, We ran into that problem at FedEx. Some of our drivers went over to the SAIA terminal in Richfield and were told they would start with bids! I believe SAIA knows the next contract is the most redshaping contract in Teamster history. We will be more like SAIA than Yellow.

Saia will hire a teamster, but most of the time you will get looked over for someone who's never been one. Right or wrong, this is just the way it is.

SAIA will not hire a former Teamster afraid you will spread the word

Hired one at GNC and they knew it before he was hired. He left after a week because he did not feel he was welcome. Then they hired a sales rep from the same company and made him TMSR. Go figure.

I am currently working for Yellow.I have been with them 5 years and we've been laid off again. I am a linehaul driver with over 30 years experience. No tickets No chargibles. I work in Richfield Oh. I have went online and submitted an application. I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the linehaul work rules? Pay? Assigned equipment? Forced dockwork? Customer pickups/deliveries? Overnight? How many days out? Paid weekly?
Uniforms or dress code? If you have a bid, how many days do you work? Paperwork- run sheet and logbook or more? Is there a system to address grievances?BENEFITS?

we get paid 52.5 cents per mile once topped out, i'm not sure what starting pay is. $6 for a van drop and $9 for a pup drop. we do run assigned equipment and some bid runs do require dockwork. my run is one of them. system drivers or drivers with normal bids do not work the dock unless their paperwork specifies a work off. system drivers can spend the whole 5 nights out, bid are usually lay one night and back home or you are home everynight. we are paid weekly and do not really have a dress code. you can purchase uniforms if you want, linehaul gets $100 per year and city gets $200 iirc. you have to fill out a trip card and log every run. i hope that about covers it all.