SAIA | Curious

Double Nickle

Living from direct deposit to direct deposit.
Credits
What type of tally sheets does your barn use for dell computers as they are unloaded, stored, then reloaded to go out.?

Is it 32 pcs counted or is it ll/ll, ll/ll, ll/ll, ll/ll, ll/ll, ll/ll, ll, 32 pcs accounted for?

You better start counting BEFORE they are loaded on your truck. Our dock man loaded computers on my trailer. He did not count or tally. Trailer was loaded when I arrived and was told to hurry. The computers are hot freight today. As we unloaded and counted, there were 32 units short. Called dispatch. First thing he asked was, "did you write them up short before you left?" Now my job is on the chopping block. Dock boy here in GNC can do no wrong in TM's eyes. I feel it's just a matter of time before I am canned. You better cover your butts out there.

when i was a city driver i assumed i was suppose to count at the time of delivery. i think that is how most all city drivers do it here. it is impossible to count them yourself before they are loaded in GVL now. most drivers call in the morning to get their start time, and when they arrive their trailer(s) are already loaded. That's what the city drivers tell me anyway. But to answer your question my reply, i did not tally them during my time as a city driver. i would use the hand to hand sheet, or one of the boxes to write down how many units were on each skid and then add them.

P&D use extreme caution.

You better start counting BEFORE they are loaded on your truck. Our dock man loaded computers on my trailer. He did not count or tally. Trailer was loaded when I arrived and was told to hurry. The computers are hot freight today. As we unloaded and counted, there were 32 units short. Called dispatch. First thing he asked was, "did you write them up short before you left?" Now my job is on the chopping block. Dock boy here in GNC can do no wrong in TM's eyes. I feel it's just a matter of time before I am canned. You better cover your butts out there.

Drivers beware. The computers have been found. Where? At the delivery location. How? They were delivered two days before the above mentioned delivery. How or why I had another DR on this day for Dells that were already delivered, I do not know. During this matter, I called RAL, CLT, and FAY to find out the PROPER proceedure for talling Dell. All three terminals said , tally each pallet, for each DR,write it down, double check against the number of pallets for that DR. Sign off if its clear. NOW it does not matter HOW they are tallied, as long as someone signs for them saying they did count them. Now this did not come from these terminals but from ONE in upper management. You guys and gals had BETTER start covering your butts REAL GOOD. As it stands right now my job is still on the block as this ONE in upper management says he does not accept what the consignee says about the Dells. He outright said "You must have delivered them after the fact that they were discovered missing." From now on till I am canned or retire, makes no difference to me, I will pull all Dells off of my truck before I leave the terminal, count them to MY satisfaction, put them back on, then leave for my run. I really don't care if I do bring freight back that night. I WILL cover my butt. OT out.

As it stands right now my job is still on the block as this ONE in upper management says he does not accept what the consignee says about the Dells. He outright said "You must have delivered them after the fact that they were discovered missing." From now on till I am canned or retire, makes no difference to me, I will pull all Dells off of my truck before I leave the terminal, count them to MY satisfaction, put them back on, then leave for my run. I really don't care if I do bring freight back that night. I WILL cover my butt. OT out.

You know the sad thing is they want to rush, rush, rush you off the yard and they don’t want anyone walking on freight!! How and the world are drivers suppose to count the freight already loaded in the trailer?? Why does he think it was delivered later by you but they never question steel pipe or pallets of bolts delivered the exact same way??

I always thought it was the responsibility of the fork lift operator to account for the freight when it is being loaded and then write up a os+d report if there was any damage or shortage......:1036316054:

I always thought it was the responsibility of the fork lift operator to account for the freight when it is being loaded and then write up a os+d report if there was any damage or shortage......:1036316054:

DING DING DING!!! Give that driver a blue ribbon. If it had been ANYTHING other than Dell (which Saia is in DEEP DOODOO with) not a word would have been said. It's the same old same old. Protect the management, crap on the driver. But guess what? I AINT QUITTING.

You know the sad thing is they want to rush, rush, rush you off the yard and they don’t want anyone walking on freight!! How and the world are drivers suppose to count the freight already loaded in the trailer?? Why does he think it was delivered later by you but they never question steel pipe or pallets of bolts delivered the exact same way??

HE says we are in cahoots.

here at my place we have one of those sheets of paper that has to be signed by everyone that handles them from the time they are picked up from dell till the time they go thrugh break bulk till they are delivered to the customer it has piece count time and date we use them for all big accounts if you dont have this form with the loaders signature and count on it do not leave until they give it to you if they will not call someone higher up the chain this is company procedure and the tm cant ovveride it.:tongue0002::BS:

If its the TM i would go way over his head and get someone who has brains on the phone and talk to them man to man or man to woman!!Don’t yell or scream when you get them on the phone!! Be calm cool and have a nice chat and let them know exactly what happened!! Sounds to me someone watched to much Scooby doo when he was a kid and thinks there is some sort of mystery involved and he is going to crack the case!! To me it seems like “HE” is calling you and the customer liars!! One other thing you might try is telling “HE” to do a three way call with the customer who received the freight and “HE” can call them thieves and liars!! I bet you a shinny new penny “HE” will not want to do that!!