TForce | Curious

exprez

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone explain why teamsters continue to allow subcontractors while the extra board sits at home? Article section A clearly states. " The employer may NOT subcontract
work at a facility in any classification of an employee who normally performs such work is receiving less than his DAILY appropriate guarantee."
If you miss a day due to contractors you must grieve this.

Can anyone explain why teamsters continue to allow subcontractors while the extra board sits at home? Article section A clearly states. " The employer may NOT subcontract
work at a facility in any classification of an employee who normally performs such work is receiving less than his DAILY appropriate guarantee."
Article 44. Section A. Sorry

I file 2 I haven't heard nothing yet out of RFL

I file 2 I haven't heard nothing yet out of RFL
Thanks for filing. We ALL need to file every time contractors are used and you sit at home. You are guaranteed work in your classification daily if contractors are used. Page 90. Under subcontracting.

Thanks for filing. We ALL need to file every time contractors are used and you sit at home. You are guaranteed work in your classification daily if contractors are used. Page 90. Under subcontracting.
yep we all need to get together and file everytime they use contractors.

Your last sentence is the key. If nobody is filing then it will continue. You HAVE to file or nothing can be done.

Your last sentence is the key. If nobody is filing then it will continue. You HAVE to file or nothing can be done.

Here's the problem though. They don't have a % cap on them or any protection (red circle). I believe they tried to get language in the current Contract, but, weren't successful. They sited YRC and ABF's language on PTS, to no avail.

The teamsters are worthless. Guys working 1-2 days a week while contractors work every day.
Only as strong as the weakest link in the chain. I can understand the frustration when it comes to the "leaders" of a union, but again it falls back on the membership to replace the "leaders". This type of action would have never happened under Jimmy Hoffa Sr. I am old enough to remember how he would handled such a situation and it would have ended the illegal practice very quickly. But I have always said that his son, Jimmy Jr., wouldn't make a pimple on his daddy's ass.

Welcome to the new world

Because, its UPS#$%^&*()_+

The grievance went to the nationals last week and shock it deadlocked. Now it's off to the arbatratior. Think back to the last election same scenario over the contractors with return freight. Hoffas gotta go.

I'm out of cincinnati terminal we must stick together on this matter.And file on guy's not getting out and runs being cut because they use the freight to close out contractors trailers. IT'S a shame that the Teamsters are letting them do this

I'm out of cincinnati terminal we must stick together on this matter.And file on guy's not getting out and runs being cut because they use the freight to close out contractors trailers. IT'S a shame that the Teamsters are letting them do this
I been home since tuesday I'm filing today