TForce | Curious

Nothing personal, but I expressed my feelings when I left my employer & did not get a withdrawal card.
That does not make any sense....no employer can effect you getting a withdrawal card from the union?

Contract will get better and better. I rather have my retirement from UPS than anywhere else right now...
Could be but I'm seeing Stan as an umm errrr older gentleman who wouldn't be around long enough to benefit from improved contracts or their pension. BTW I think you're overly optimistic on anything our union will do for us. Nothing wrong with optimism, just sharing my thoughts.

Can anyone explain why teamsters continue to allow subcontractors while the extra board sits at home? Article section A clearly states. " The employer may NOT subcontract
work at a facility in any classification of an employee who normally performs such work is receiving less than his DAILY appropriate guarantee."
If you miss a day due to contractors you must grieve this.
Simple, they both play pocket pool together...

Never take a UPS feeder driver position huh?? Run to XPO instead??
Not at this point in my life, if I was 35 years younger maybe. BUT do you know what's in store over there? I'll share what little I know about it. Easy work, premo pay and benefits, free work clothes. Routes very specific with stops and lunch break denoted as part of the bid run. Start times and runs bid in seniority. Free CDL training for UPS employees in other positions who want to "move up" to feeders as they call it. Department inundated with elder package car drivers with trashed knees/knee replacements who bring their 35 years of seniority with them making that move on a regular basis (this assures a new hire of a bottom spot forever). One thing that gets my goat more than anything, though, is how the Teamsters made it possible for that record money making company's employees to start making health care copays, what's that all about?? Here's to Hoffa and Company. :fingure:

Not taking a withdrawal for years of service is not the brightest act anyone can do.
When I hired on with Overnite I took a withdrawal for the 20+ years of Teamsters service I had with the union LTL's I worked for.

Since retiring from the trade, I get a combined pension from Overnite & UPS for those years of service.
Along with a pretty sweet pension from the Teamsters because I had taken that withdrawal.

Not taking a withdrawal for years of service is not the brightest act anyone can do.
When I hired on with Overnite I took a withdrawal for the 20+ years of Teamsters service I had with the union LTL's I worked for.

Since retiring from the trade, I get a combined pension from Overnite & UPS for those years of service.
Along with a pretty sweet pension from the Teamsters because I had taken that withdrawal.
The brightest concept in play is my former employer had bailed on CSPF before I started working there. So I will indeed receive my company funded pension.

Cincinnati just laid off 5 city drivers and 1 road driver But they get to go to Package for the peak season Now we need to get the contractors out

Cincinnati just laid off 5 city drivers and 1 road driver But they get to go to Package for the peak season Now we need to get the contractors out
It's simply amazing how a road driver can be laid off when we have specific language protecting him from lay off if contractors are used. UPS Freight drivers should not have to pay union dues while contractors are forcing lay offs.

It's simply amazing how a road driver can be laid off when we have specific language protecting him from lay off if contractors are used. UPS Freight drivers should not have to pay union dues while contractors are forcing lay offs.

Maybe that's the only thing that will fix this mess. A revolt with the Teamsters, and eventually a strike with the companies. Let them sort the BS out with both sets of feet put to the fire.

Not only are the bargaining unit drivers getting hosed by having to sit at home while contractors pull their freight, lay offs have started with drivers out of several terminals that are flooded with contractors. We need our dues to be reimbursed for this nonsense. Where is Hall and Hoffa?

Take it off auto deduction and if contractors work and you don't in violation of the contract don't pay them that month. That will get their attention if enough do it.