ABF | Curious

I blame the 1 million who refused to take 10 minutes of their busy schedule to check the box & mail it. von.
Normally I would disagree with this line of thinking as those who did not vote would vote in similar patterns as those who did. However, if our American comrades has voted and the patterns were similar we could have overridden what our Canadian buddies did.

Normally I would disagree with this line of thinking as those who did not vote would vote in similar patterns as those who did. However, if our American comrades has voted and the patterns were similar we could have overridden what our Canadian buddies did.
Who knows for sure. But a lot more voting would have had a effect on the outcome. How much effect and which way could be argued for years. von.

I blame the 1 million who refused to take 10 minutes of their busy schedule to check the box & mail it. von.

While I'm not in the union, I would suspect that the million or so who didn't bother to vote are of the low information, don't know don't care crowd. My guess is a majority of those would have voted for Hoffa just on name recognition alone, and some others because they weren't pissed off enough to vote at all, let alone not vote for the status quo. The key isn't just getting all the members to vote, but getting them engaged enough to care and mad enough to do something about what has happened to y'all.

While I'm not in the union, I would suspect that the million or so who didn't bother to vote are of the low information, don't know don't care crowd. My guess is a majority of those would have voted for Hoffa just on name recognition alone, and some others because they weren't pissed off enough to vote at all, let alone not vote for the status quo. The key isn't just getting all the members to vote, but getting them engaged enough to care and mad enough to do something about what has happened to y'all.
They'll care when they get older and want a decent standard of living as they get older or retire. I'm 40 now I most likely have 30+ years before I can retire. It won't matter cause I won't pass a DOT physical at the rate their going.

We had thought they had inadvertently ...."engaged".…most of the members due to the outrageously rotten contracts the IBT had negotiated,........and while that may be true in freight, carhaul and UPS,.....the rest of the little "in-Local" contracts were complacent and hardly involved with Union matters.

Perhaps some thought that Hoffa himself personally negotiated their 6 man municipal water authority contract and merely told their BA to pass it on.........

Any rate, this is what's wrong with our country.....You have a First Amendment right to be in a Union,.........but most people don't know that,..... Don't know much beyond "BatBoy" and whatever else the National "Enquirer" tells them.....