FedEx Freight | Current changes at CMH are causing drivers to look for jobs elsewear...

bigbuddy

TB Lurker
Credits
drivers that are on the bottom of the senority board are quitting and going elsewear !! due to lack of income at the almighty fedex.....

drivers that are on the bottom of the senority board are quitting and going elsewear !! due to lack of income at the almighty fedex.....

Dammit boy!!!!

Say it isn't so.

Imagining FedEx would starve peeps goes against everything the 'people first' thingy stands for....
Long live the 'Promise'...:hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical:

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Rat

Makes you wonder why we have a 300 door terminal and run the place like a small 40 door terminal. Never has run at its penitential.

I can relate. I'm the bottom road board at my barn. Everyday I say to myself "It's a solid company with good bennys and if I hang in there a few years, it will pay off." But the reality is that I've had better paying jobs in the past with equal bennys. If something don't change soon in my income for the better I'm going to HAVE to leave.

I think they should just replace the sign in front of my hub with a Flying J or Pilot sign. Maybe even get a Subway franchise in there. lol! Even in the short time I've been here I've noticed the ridiculous increase in PTs. More and more rails, and esp more containers! Hell we're even starting to see Werner and Schneider trailers in our yard.

yep people first...purple promise.:biglaugh:...is'nt that the kool-aid color that ol boy gave them folks in South America.....name escapes me at the moment:duh:oh oh wait a minute Jones yep Reverend Jones @ Jones town...hmmm somethin sounds familiar???

I think they should just replace the sign in front of my hub with a Flying J or Pilot sign. Maybe even get a Subway franchise in there. lol! Even in the short time I've been here I've noticed the ridiculous increase in PTs. More and more rails, and esp more containers! Hell we're even starting to see Werner and Schneider trailers in our yard.

CGT (Chicago Heights) has been a Schneider terminal for the last year and a half.

I always like to wake them up by stoping beside them and pulling the air horn for a few seconds. Then drive off and park amongst other company trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I can relate. I'm the bottom road board at my barn. Everyday I say to myself "It's a solid company with good bennys and if I hang in there a few years, it will pay off." But the reality is that I've had better paying jobs in the past with equal bennys. If something don't change soon in my income for the better I'm going to HAVE to leave.
I told myself the same thing over and over again, till I got down to working 1 day a week after waiting for the phone to ring for 120 hours week...lol

yep people first...purple promise.:biglaugh:...is'nt that the kool-aid color that ol boy gave them folks in South America.....name escapes me at the moment:duh:oh oh wait a minute Jones yep Reverend Jones @ Jones town...hmmm somethin sounds familiar???

WOW! Critter, you're OOOOOOOLD!!!!! :funky:

It's not just at CMH, the question is how long can you/anyone hold out? I think that's what FedEx wants to know, they surely don't care...Do away with all company drivers and fill them with contractors, forget loyalty or quality. Why bother giving a two week notice? We're "at will" anyway, I'll give them a 2 second notice- "I Quit" and your units are parked at the nearest rest area.

We have Conway Freight in ours.

I spoke with management About this subject. They would never buy Vitran as there are too many duplicate service centers and the Vitran drivers were voted the worst in the industry. First they would be stuck with too much Real Estate and they dont have enough money to retrain the moronic drivers at Vitran.
:biglaugh:they're buying vitran so they can run your freight.