XPO | Current Events, Thred Has Nothing To Do With Con-way. Post What You Like!

:smiliewhs:
Their point is good and the problem does exist, but I hate it when I hear all of the inaccuracies. A driver can not drive 80 hours in five days, and they can not work 16 hours a day all week like reported.
But yes, Congress is 100% bought and paid for.

:smiliewhs:
Their point is good and the problem does exist, but I hate it when I hear all of the inaccuracies. A driver can not drive 80 hours in five days, and they can not work 16 hours a day all week like reported.
But yes, Congress is 100% bought and paid for.

They are talking about a BILL that if passed would allow Truck Drivers to drive 80hr weeks.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/36111-why-is-congress-using-zika-to-weaken-truck-safety

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/congress-zika-truck-safety_us_573cfc0ae4b0646cbeec1b89

So far in 2016, the members of the House have taken a full week off during every single month of this year, and they've actually been in session for only 59 days. The Senate was only in session for 65 days.
I'm trying to figure out how the Zika Virus and DOT hours of service rules have anything to do with each other. There is no connection, other than the politicians getting their pockets lined by the corporations. This is typical of Washington, bundle up all of these different issues together and hide the facts from the public.
As I have said multiple times, EVERY bill should be a stand alone bill and be voted on by itself, up or down.
This issue impacts public safety, and they don't even take that serious enough to make it a stand alone bill. Shameful.
But Congress can't/won't do that since it would require educating themselves on each issue, and that takes time. And when you are on vacation for one full week out of every month, there isn't enough time available. And these pukes work for the people?
Does anyone else get one week off per month..........where do I apply?

Their point is good and the problem does exist,

What point? It's sensational clickbait. The headline is a pretty big clue about the quality of the reporting you're going to get from that video.

I hate it when I hear all of the inaccuracies. A driver can not drive 80 hours in five days, and they can not work 16 hours a day all week like reported.

Except that there are no regulations on how long you can work- only when you can drive. You can absolutely work 16 hours a day all week, according to the HOS. You just can't drive without the required breaks and/or restarts.

If you're in LTL or work for any company that uses the short haul exemptions to the HOS, this bill actually makes your life easier. The bill removes the rules that force you to have two nights in your restart and limit you to one restart per 7 days- two absurd rules made by the same kinds of people who say things like, "Congress doesn't care if truckers fall asleep and kill you".

As I have said multiple times, EVERY bill should be a stand alone bill and be voted on by itself, up or down.

That would certainly make accountability easier, but be careful what you wish for. I'm sure you'd find a lot more of the things you care about voted down by someone who can't hide behind a vote for VA funding or something, or not even brought up for a vote by the leadership at all.

But Congress can't/won't do that since it would require educating themselves on each issue, and that takes time.

Keep in mind, just because they educate themselves doesn't mean the results would be any different. You've got 535 people who are doing just fine according to their districts, and horrible wastes of flesh according to the other 534. That's why incumbents stay incumbent with a 10% congressional approval rating. The reason everything is bundled together is because that's how things get done.

{Stand alone votes on single bill issues}
That would certainly make accountability easier, but be careful what you wish for. I'm sure you'd find a lot more of the things you care about voted down by someone who can't hide behind a vote for VA funding or something, or not even brought up for a vote by the leadership at all.
I want stand alone votes, that way they can't hide their true beliefs as easy. The Congressmen like having 5 different issues wrapped in to one bill, then if you confront them for their vote, they blame a different part of the language for their vote. In other words, you can't hold them accountable as easy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...9ba354-6480-11e6-b4d8-33e931b5a26d_story.html

"LONDON - The second in command of North Korea’s embassy in London defected to South Korea with his family, officials in Seoul said on Wednesday, making him one of the most senior officials to seek asylum there from Pyongyang’s diplomatic corps."

Cisco to lay off about 14,000 employees

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cisco-systems-layoffs-idUSKCN10S05D

White House sets new fuel-efficiency standards for heavy-duty trucks, vans and buses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...trucks-vans-and-buses/?utm_term=.ff7e4fd280f7

"The new fuel-efficiency standards are likely to lead to more expense vehicles — as much as $14,000 more for a large truck, according to the agency — but lower fuel costs could offset the higher sticker costs in a couple of years, officials said. The measure also requires manufacturers to use lighter-weight materials and more aerodynamic designs to improve tractor-trailers’ fuel economy. In addition, officials said Tuesday that the Department of Energy is investing nearly $140 million to improve vehicle efficiency, including projects to develop the next generation of fuel-efficient truck technologies."