Yellow | Current events we want to discuss here

Current events we want to discuss here

Bill Cosby has a great way of "distilling" things. Looks like he's done it again!

AMERICA NEEDS A CANDIDATE WITH THIS PLATFORM!!

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN THE YEAR 2012..
HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1). Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2). We will immediately go into a two year isolationist attitude in order to straighten out the greedy big business posture in this country. America will allow NO imports, and we'll do no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

(3).. When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it coming in here.

(4). All retired military personnel will be required to man one of the many observation towers located on the southern border of the United States (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5). Social Security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6). Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(7). Professional Athletes -- Steroids? The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... for life.

(8). Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, i.e., the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more 'life sentences'. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for the victim you killed: gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9).. One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat. However, a bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10). All foreign aid, using American taxpayer money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(11). The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12). The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

My apology is offered if I've stepped on anyone's toes ..... nevertheless......

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Sincerely, Bill

Not to dispute you Mustache but..... apparently it's an e-mail hoax!

But I do like the intent of the said platform. :USA:

Bill Cosby Platform - Urban Legends

Comments: Falsely attributed. Celebrated African-American entertainer Bill Cosby has been known to speak forthrightly on a range of touchy social and political issues, including race relations in America and the need, as he sees it, for black people to concentrate on bettering themselves rather than blaming their problems on others. But Bill Cosby did not write the above piece, which focuses on matters he doesn't typically address, and surely misrepresents his views.

Morevover, Mr. Cosby has expressed neither the interest nor the intent to run for president in 2008.

The true author of the text -- which began circulating online in June 2008 (example #1, example #2) but wasn't attributed to Bill Cosby until July -- remains unknown.

earn-4-on-your-savings: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Safety Plus High Yields

You can earn as much as 5% on balances up to $25,000 (and sometimes more) at a community bank or credit union. For example, Union State Bank in Atchison, Kan., pays 5.01% on up to $25,000 in its My Rewards checking account. And you need a deposit of just $25 to open an account. (To find banks and credit unions with high-yielding accounts, visit CheckingFinder.com, and enter your zip code.)

Heard on the news that fubo plans to let the tally-ban have some sort of say in the camel riders government. Are you :shit:ing me!!!!! These guys went over there and gave their lives and limbs the last 8 years and this idiot is going to give it back! I think its time to bring all our guys home from everywhere. Sure don't like them this far away with all the stupid going on in our own country.

What You Drive!!!!

What Your Car Says About You- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

Your car implies more about your life than you might think. While 13% of Chevy owners don't use the Web, by contrast, less than 3% of Honda owners remain in the technological Stone Age. The antithesis of flashy, Honda owners are usually pragmatic and well educated; 70% boast a college degree or higher, compared with 35% of Chevy owners and 45% of Ford owners.

article

What Your Car Says About You- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

Your car implies more about your life than you might think. While 13% of Chevy owners don't use the Web, by contrast, less than 3% of Honda owners remain in the technological Stone Age. The antithesis of flashy, Honda owners are usually pragmatic and well educated; 70% boast a college degree or higher, compared with 35% of Chevy owners and 45% of Ford owners.

I read the article and think the author probably drives a Honda. Those smart fellas went to college, did college teach them about cars? No. Honda's cost more than Chevys and cost more to repair, and until recently they had timing belts that needed replaced every 60,000 to 90,000 miles, a guaranteed $500 or more dollar expenditure. Brilliant. I drive a Chevy, could you guess? I know what my I.Q. is and it doesn't matter how much college I have, I do have a vast automotive background, having read every car magazine for the past 40 years and a pretty good mechanical background having been a Jet engine technician. I have rebuilt automobile engines, rear ends, and transmissions. Which brings me to another point, seen the Toyota commercial where they show the Toyota trucks bigger rear end? And they ask which one would you rather have? I think I would rather have the smallest one that will get the job done, since the bigger one weighs more and will cause the vehicle to get less gas mileage. Maybe that is one reason why the Chevy full size truck gets better mileage than the Toyota. Educated Idiots.

I read the article and think the author probably drives a Honda. Those smart fellas went to college, did college teach them about cars? No. Honda's cost more than Chevys and cost more to repair, and until recently they had timing belts that needed replaced every 60,000 to 90,000 miles, a guaranteed $500 or more dollar expenditure. Brilliant. I drive a Chevy, could you guess? I know what my I.Q. is and it doesn't matter how much college I have, I do have a vast automotive background, having read every car magazine for the past 40 years and a pretty good mechanical background having been a Jet engine technician. I have rebuilt automobile engines, rear ends, and transmissions. Which brings me to another point, seen the Toyota commercial where they show the Toyota trucks bigger rear end? And they ask which one would you rather have? I think I would rather have the smallest one that will get the job done, since the bigger one weighs more and will cause the vehicle to get less gas mileage. Maybe that is one reason why the Chevy full size truck gets better mileage than the Toyota. Educated Idiots.

I have a mechanical background as well and couldn't agree more. The only problem is that people read this crap and take it as gospel. People put to much weight into what the media puts in front of them.:biglaugh:

After they change their timing belt, their water pump goes out and they'll pay to get that replaced also. Nothing like paying twice for similar work when the change in pressure, from adjustment in belt when removed for last repair, causes bearings to go bad in it. Of course in between, they'll go in for their scheduled coolant flush and replace the coolant before it leaks out, due to worn out water pump bearing.

[size=+2]All the yes and no battle will end soon..Chicago..YRC..New Penn..710.. all got pummeled but the worst may yet be coming [/size] Let's hope that don't happen!!!

I love that article. The governments response is anyone can go to their website and search for the money by SS number. Does anyone know what my G'Pa's SS number is? He died in 1963. Well it doesn't matter anyway cause when you go to the search page it informs you the online records search is only good from 1974 - current. Great way to search for those WWII bonds!!!

Revised formula puts 1 in 6 Americans in poverty

This is how bad it is ! ..."A revised formula for calculating medical costs and geographic variations show that approximately 47.4 million Americans last year lived in poverty, 7 million more than the government's official figure."...

Revised formula puts 1 in 6 Americans in poverty - Yahoo! News

_About 18.7 percent of Americans 65 and older, or nearly 7.1 million, are in poverty compared to 9.7 percent, or 3.7 million, under the traditional measure. That's due to out-of-pocket expenses from rising Medicare premiums, deductibles and a coverage gap in the prescription drug benefit.

_About 14.3 percent of people 18 to 64, or 27 million, are in poverty, compared to 11.7 percent under the traditional measure. Many of the additional poor are low-income, working people with transportation and child-care costs.

_Child poverty is lower, at about 17.9 percent, or roughly 13.3 million, compared to 19 percent under the traditional measure. That's because single mothers and their children disproportionately receive non-cash aid such as food stamps.

_Poverty rates were higher for non-Hispanic whites (11 percent), Asians (17 percent) and Hispanics (29 percent) when compared to the traditional measure. For blacks, poverty remained flat at 24.7 percent, due to the cushioning effect of non-cash aid.

_The Northeast and West saw bigger jumps in poverty, due largely to cities with higher costs of living such as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco

This is how bad it is ! ..."A revised formula for calculating medical costs and geographic variations show that approximately 47.4 million Americans last year lived in poverty, 7 million more than the government's official figure."...

Revised formula puts 1 in 6 Americans in poverty - Yahoo! News

_About 18.7 percent of Americans 65 and older, or nearly 7.1 million, are in poverty compared to 9.7 percent, or 3.7 million, under the traditional measure. That's due to out-of-pocket expenses from rising Medicare premiums, deductibles and a coverage gap in the prescription drug benefit.

_About 14.3 percent of people 18 to 64, or 27 million, are in poverty, compared to 11.7 percent under the traditional measure. Many of the additional poor are low-income, working people with transportation and child-care costs.

_Child poverty is lower, at about 17.9 percent, or roughly 13.3 million, compared to 19 percent under the traditional measure. That's because single mothers and their children disproportionately receive non-cash aid such as food stamps.

_Poverty rates were higher for non-Hispanic whites (11 percent), Asians (17 percent) and Hispanics (29 percent) when compared to the traditional measure. For blacks, poverty remained flat at 24.7 percent, due to the cushioning effect of non-cash aid.

_The Northeast and West saw bigger jumps in poverty, due largely to cities with higher costs of living such as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco

14, they need to come to the "Rust Belt", Detroit, Clevelend, Chicago areas, it has to be close to 1 of 2, Where I live, our unemployment is close to 31%, 1 in 3 houses are either up for sale or in foreclosure. It's really bad, and of course it's not being reported.

can somebody please spare some change?
headache.gif