Yellow | Current Freight Levels.........

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
After reading through some other threads, it seems that some companys are really slow right now. Thankfully 671 (Winston Salem) is still busy and have been told that the company is doing some direct loading to keep us from being blown out?!? We still have forced OT on the dock and 6th and 7th punches available 3-4 days a week. How are the freight levels at your terminal and if you know about any freight going "around" 671. We have heard that 411 is direct loading around us...:bicycle: ....but don't know for sure. DS.

Indy 321
Freight levels still seem to be high. They finally hired some casuals and some more full timers. They are not forcing every day like they where but still offer OT every day to some shifts. Anyone who wants to work 7 days a week can. We have so many of the new 53 foot trailers and one way lease trailers (Wabash National just north of us) in our yard we can't even move. We have switchers waiting for linehaul units to come in Wednesday thru Saturday just so they can hook outbound loads.
Still calling freight emergency on Mondays and using Road drivers in city opertation. They still won't let us city drivers run road on weekends though, imagine that. I was told that's because the Road drivers are afraid the city drivers will get the good runs.
The Yellow drivers I see out on street say they are not doing much and even get cc.

Docksteward said:
After reading through some other threads, it seems that some companys are really slow right now. Thankfully 671 (Winston Salem) is still busy and have been told that the company is doing some direct loading to keep us from being blown out?!? We still have forced OT on the dock and 6th and 7th punches available 3-4 days a week. How are the freight levels at your terminal and if you know about any freight going "around" 671. We have heard that 411 is direct loading around us...:bicycle: ....but don't know for sure. DS.
What is happening DS is Andy B. told Chuck S. today that 672 is loading direct to Atlanta now. Which is a lie. Chuck is going to put the paper work on him. Roadway is just sending 671 freight to Atlanta and not here. 672 does not have the freight to load direct to anywhere except 135. The rest which is about 6 to 10 pups a night is miss ltl freight which the wildboard brings back to 671. We are getting the shaft. (city&dock) Please call Tony S. and file for the lost freight with out a change of OP or whatever you need to file for. We are talking about millions of pounds of freight each week that is now gone from 671 city and dock......

Toxic said:
What is happening DS is Andy B. told Chuck S. today that 672 is loading direct to Atlanta now. Which is a lie. Chuck is going to put the paper work on him. Roadway is just sending 671 freight to Atlanta and not here. 672 does not have the freight to load direct to anywhere except 135. The rest which is about 6 to 10 pups a night is miss ltl freight which the wildboard brings back to 671. We are getting the shaft. (city&dock) Please call Tony S. and file for the lost freight with out a change of OP or whatever you need to file for. We are talking about millions of pounds of freight each week that is now gone from 671 city and dock......
we did it too in Raleigh. It was just last Thurs and Fri. They even wanted vol. to run it to Atl. Nobody wanted to...Freight levels are still high for 680. A little slow on wed. Today we had 89 bills loaded at 671 that were due today. They did not have any drivers to bring us the frt, so they say.

christopher3573 said:
we did it too in Raleigh. It was just last Thurs and Fri. They even wanted vol. to run it to Atl. Nobody wanted to...Freight levels are still high for 680. A little slow on wed. Today we had 89 bills loaded at 671 that were due today. They did not have any drivers to bring us the frt, so they say.
That is very interesting there chris........I do know that 671 is trying to get as many drivers hired on now as they can. We just can't find drivers......like the rest of the industry.:shutup2: DS.

DS last week we ran all our freight to 135 that was suppose to go to 671. Was told you guyz were blown out & they would need a few days to catch. The only freight that was run to 671 was the hub freight from us.

Inbound to us has fallen off some as I been averaging 10-15 stops, but I'm waiting on late stuff & getting out on the street around 9:30-10am depending the day of week.

Outbound has been slammin thou freight being picked in by area by two others as I blowin out by 5pm taking it back to the house.

Heard anything about a intra-district change of lanes????

I ran across some of that freight that went to 411, today. From 672 to 411 to 671 then on to the destination?!? Now come on. That's really helping us with the freight levels by doing that....not. This could get interesting. I have not heard about any change, just the usuall rumors that we are closing down and moving to another location etc. etc. etc. DS.

File a Grievance for me!!!!

Docksteward said:
I ran across some of that freight that went to 411, today. From 672 to 411 to 671 then on to the destination?!? Now come on. That's really helping us with the freight levels by doing that....not. This could get interesting. I have not heard about any change, just the usuall rumors that we are closing down and moving to another location etc. etc. etc. DS.
From 672 to 411 then to 671???? Whos job are they trying to cut out??? The WildBoard!!!!! Wildboard has brought it from 672 to 671 for 50 years now. Someone please file a grievance for me!!!!!!!!!!

we are out of trailors all the time can't get service out of 671 or 411 losing freight no trucks to load to at 682.all I get is big change coming soon.

It's not that we have that much freight, like a couple of you guys said, we don't have the equipment or dock workers or drivers to finish!! 150 loads on OB didn't use to be a big deal, now they act like we are over our heads. Heck none of the supervisors we have left have never seen us "covered up". I do know that just at 671 we deadlined over 100 trailers last month, boy it would be nice to get a few back!! The routing freight to 135 and 411 is bullstuff and the powers that be playing with the numbers, like they always do, is the real problem. DS.

Toxic it sounds like the company is up to some new and old tricks. I'm sure your stewards at your location will look into this and get it stopped. Also if the company wants to play let them pay. Always help your stewards by getting them as much information as you can trailer numbers so they can search this stuff down. It takes a team effort a lot of times to keep this stuff from happenning. Just be thankful for being lucky enough to have a great organization as TEAMSTERS to look out for you. If you were at a non-union company they would just do as they wanted and you wouldn't have know recourse but to get another job or put up with it.

At Akron the freight is slow I have been trying to get out now for 33 hrs ,can not get out still 15 ahead of me to get out.at least the weather was nice to get things done around the house. maybe monday we will get out in the evening.

xcsp said:
At Akron the freight is slow I have been trying to get out now for 33 hrs ,can not get out still 15 ahead of me to get out.at least the weather was nice to get things done around the house. maybe monday we will get out in the evening.

xcsp
maybe the board is just running slow and the freight is out there somewhere enroute. how many tours did you get through the week and how many days did you take off. when things slow down a little adjustments have to be made in our work habits.
the purpose of this change was to expedite the shipments and it seems that is what they got. now a little fine tuning and big r will kick *** in the on time delivery column.
that in turn will solidify our jobs.

Axlethedriver ,I did not take any days ,I got in from jersey saturday morning at 9:00 am and still sitting by the phone waiting for the call ,here it is sunday evening and still 11 away from being called,

freight is slow

ridgerunner said:
Toxic it sounds like the company is up to some new and old tricks. I'm sure your stewards at your location will look into this and get it stopped. Also if the company wants to play let them pay. Always help your stewards by getting them as much information as you can trailer numbers so they can search this stuff down. It takes a team effort a lot of times to keep this stuff from happenning. Just be thankful for being lucky enough to have a great organization as TEAMSTERS to look out for you. If you were at a non-union company they would just do as they wanted and you wouldn't have know recourse but to get another job or put up with it.
I agree with you ridgerunner.. I got several trailer numbers for my steward. We will see what happens now.

xcsp said:
Axlethedriver ,I did not take any days ,I got in from jersey saturday morning at 9:00 am and still sitting by the phone waiting for the call ,here it is sunday evening and still 11 away from being called,

freight is slow
Boy that does suck. had a little setback myself this week a couple of times not to mention it. but don't worry it will come back. unless they send a few more jobs to china

The start of this week is a little slow at 671. Doing some OT on the morning shifts and CC for the afternoon?!? Figure that one out. My guess it the city is slow right now. We'll be back to manditory 50 hours in no time!!:22: DS.

we started loading around 211 and loading more freight direct to 135 again...
also the 814 and the west coast has gotten sloww here it was blown to the hilt ever day now its just moderate... no one door is creamed anymore seems 45 to 65 letters wrote last week but we finally popped the 40,000,000lbs mile marker consistant 42,000,000lbs
last couple of weeks feight levels are still higher than last year..
oh and man has there been a lot of new trailers going west from us name on side is usf bestway they seem to be new 53 ft skinny's

Docksteward said:
The start of this week is a little slow at 671. Doing some OT on the morning shifts and CC for the afternoon?!? Figure that one out. My guess it the city is slow right now. We'll be back to manditory 50 hours in no time!!:22: DS.
DS ...I seen your buddies car there this mornign when I got off work.. he must have been drafted... Wayne L. :Banane01: I seen it at 6am and he gets off at 430am unless drafted dont he??