XPO | "Customer not creditworthy" What do you want me to do about it?!?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
Should I go in and beat them up? Make them pay us our money. I guess if I make them pay up , maybe I can get my other 2.5 back or my matching contribution to my 401k. ( I m joking- before someone post that I am bashing the company) When a city driver is using the handheld and arrives at a customer that we may have had some type of financial issue with , a sign pops up that says "Customer is not creditworthy". It seems pointless to tell 99% of drivers about this since we don't normally deal with these type of problems on our end. I guess I could just pull off....but I wouldn't pick up any freight if I pulled off every time it said a customer is not creditworthy. :grouphug:

[quote author=mikkej2k link=topic=82021.msg846765#msg846765 date=1279081542]
Should I go in and beat them up? Make them pay us our money. I guess if I make them pay up , maybe I can get my other 2.5 back or my matching contribution to my 401k. ( I m joking- before someone post that I am bashing the company) When a city driver is using the handheld and arrives at a customer that we may have had some type of financial issue with , a sign pops up that says "Customer is not creditworthy". It seems pointless to tell 99% of drivers about this since we don't normally deal with these type of problems on our end. I guess I could just pull off....but I wouldn't pick up any freight if I pulled off every time it said a customer is not creditworthy. :grouphug:
[/quote]Hopefully, this is pointed out to them when they call in for a pick up... or use their net account to set up a pick-up. They just want you to make sure that they ship the freight as "collect".

just as beer said, its just a reminder for drivers that they need to collect a check IF the freight is going prepaid or they must send it collect.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been P&D for five years and I can only recall one time where I took a check for a pick-up. It doesn't happen that often in my neck of the woods. But I am sure it's needed ( the pop-up warning ) if the company put it there. Should I worry if it's popping up for multi-million and/or billion dollar companies?

Although it's with a different company, I have to deal with the credit thing to a certain extent. When someone makes an PU appt. I have to ask how they will pay for the transportation chgs. If they are using a different account than their own, say the person getting the pkg or a 3rd party, I have to validate the account# before making the appt. If they say their account number and it's not valid my computer will show it either at the top when I first open their account or when I hit submit. Then I have the aweful task of telling them they need to fix it before we can do anything.

Maybe the creditworthy part is just a reminder to check and make sure they aren't trying to use an account# that isn't good? Also I'm making appts for pkg delivery, not freight.

We have some shippers that prefer to pay with a check each time we pick up their freight. Others are intentionally on cash just to keep the prepaid from going to them and instead going to the 3rd party.