Yellow | Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes

Yes they do brainwash new hires about union stuff.Thats how these nons have their workers give up alot of free time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

61% voted NO! We are still open for business. We all realized the propaganda, intimidation, and lies were the devil's spawn.
Seems as though another proposal is in the works AND if asking for too much again, that will go down in defeat also.
How does that egg on your face taste?

61% voted NO! We are still open for business. We all realized the propaganda, intimidation, and lies were the devil's spawn.
Seems as though another proposal is in the works AND if asking for too much again, that will go down in defeat also.

Egg on your face? Isn't your gloating a little premature? The situation is still in limbo, they still have a big payment due in a few weeks and nothing is settled yet. Let's all see how it plays out before getting too cocky. :smile:

Thats right...and to think those yes voters just about threw ALL of us under the bus!....If this is a POS....then we will go to Plan C....KK

Thats right...and to think those yes voters just about threw ALL of us under the bus!....If this is a POS....then we will go to Plan C....KK

KK, you're guessing just like everyone else. None of us know for sure what the final outcome will be so don't count your chickens before they hatch. We'll all see eventually what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is a POS....then we will go to Plan C....KK

Every proposal is going to be a "POS", it's just a matter of finding one where you like the color of the bow.

Most of us have seen the "Fix the National Budget" calculators where you make decisions and it calculates the new budget. Try that with YRCW and see how you do.

Save $100MM/year. How would you do it? Line by line and the projected savings please:

I imagine it won't take long to figure out some pretty hefty cuts are going to be required.

i've been with yrc freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes i really do work here if i didn't how do i know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

i think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that i'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now i'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions i've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky i'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at yrc freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? Yrcw owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the caymen islands" you may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

Do the math do the math do the math - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

let me know how you would feal if you had 25 with this company. In my view you didn't reach puberty with this company yet

i say all the yes voters take another 10 percent pay their own insurance and pension then the company can give the no voters a 5 percent raise and restore their pension to 100 percent with the money saved and not spend a dime . Then all the no voters will get an atta boy and everybodys happy

i say all the yes voters take another 10 percent pay their own insurance and pension then the company can give the no voters a 5 percent raise and restore their pension to 100 percent with the money saved and not spend a dime . Then all the no voters will get an atta boy and everybodys happy

I have seen the new language, you are correct and omnipotent.

:notworthy:

P. S. SinC, are you getting the whole sarcasm without facial expression and eye contact?

Not sure what the standard for a glorified telemarketer in the ltl industry makes, but before you go and tell me that I make more than any one else in this industry maybe you should get your facts straight!!! Several years ago we were competitive with the other companies, but now with the 15% we're 2nd from the bottom next to Central/Vitran pay scale. All the other companies make more per hour than us!! And its spinless people like yourself that has brought back the "Robber Barron" attitudes within our companies. This country needs another labor revolution in all industries!!!

I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

Duck and cover!! :hide: <--- this is my chair, and I'm not sharing!!!

I think we just found a potential source for the next concession!

Forgive me, where are my manners!
Welcome to Trucking Boards!

Yeah Bubbadog121 - where are your manners - you at least gave me a week before you quit talking to me.... be nice!! LOL

I have seen the new language, you are correct and omnipotent.

:notworthy:

P. S. SinC, are you getting the whole sarcasm without facial expression and eye contact?

Yeah... not so much! Some of it.. cause GEEZ who would miss it... Thanks for being concerned!! LOL

I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

When you have a vote then your opinion will be considered, until then go answer another call, and butt out. No one here gives a crap about your opinion

(couldn't resist... Sorry - but your being so MEAN!!! GEEZZZ) :hide:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have a vote then your opinion will be considered, until then go answer another call, and butt out. No one here gives a crap about your opinion

Actually, it's possible no one gives a crap about YOUR opinion. Ever think of that?

IMO you make some good and not so good issues in your post.
But one thing I noticed I did not see any "we" in your post.
Your 1st 3 paragraphs are all about you. I get this, and I make this.
Your next 3 paragraphs are all about the union workers. you should be happy, and your lucky to work here.

If you want drivers and dockmen to come around to your way of thinking.
You need to be talking more about What WE need to do for US to get this done.
The president of the company said equal sacrifice.
JMO

While I agree with "we" and "us" - I don't think that brings anyone around... However - no one out-rite jumps on me.. so maybe the "we" and "us" thing does work... at least it keeps you from getting your head knocked off!! LOL