Yellow | Customer service @ YRC

nipper

TB Lurker
Credits
I believe it is time that YRC customer service reps join in the discussions of what is happening with OUR company. We hear/see things daily that could be enlightening to our drivers, dock workers and terminal support personnel. I am not sure that everyone is aware of how much work is now being sent off shore under the disguise of "Inside Sales". It seems to be so secretive and we cannot get the actual numbers, but know that we have a center in The Philippians and now one in South Africa. We cannot figure out how w/little training they are doing our jobs and doing them very poorly. We are constantly fixing their errors and calming down customers that have had awful experiences. We are told to "take the calls" no matter what and as an old dog, it really irritates the heck out of me. They "say" the numbers say they are bringing in business, but when you don't have the drivers, the dock workers and the trucks to move freight in a timely manner, then what good is it?

Just work 60 plus hours & don't worry be crabby, is what they want !
b6bea7f0ca9848cba9d82338019ab98f.jpg

I believe it is time that YRC customer service reps join in the discussions of what is happening with OUR company. We hear/see things daily that could be enlightening to our drivers, dock workers and terminal support personnel. I am not sure that everyone is aware of how much work is now being sent off shore under the disguise of "Inside Sales". It seems to be so secretive and we cannot get the actual numbers, but know that we have a center in The Philippians and now one in South Africa. We cannot figure out how w/little training they are doing our jobs and doing them very poorly. We are constantly fixing their errors and calming down customers that have had awful experiences. We are told to "take the calls" no matter what and as an old dog, it really irritates the heck out of me. They "say" the numbers say they are bringing in business, but when you don't have the drivers, the dock workers and the trucks to move freight in a timely manner, then what good is it?

Foreign service centers suck. I recently called the ******* prevention line and was routed to a call center in Pakistan. They got all excited when I told them I drove a truck!

:tr10driving03:

Somewhere along the line, the company forgot that if you take care of the customers and their freight, the numbers will take care of themselves. It becomes more apparent every day that the "so called" college educated management in the main office know nothing about moving customers freight. Moving customer service off shore is just one more example of just how clueless and out of touch they have become. Some days I feel like calling that same ******* prevention line, especially after driving a VNR through rush hour traffic.....

Somewhere along the line, the company forgot that if you take care of the customers and their freight, the numbers will take care of themselves. It becomes more apparent every day that the "so called" college educated management in the main office know nothing about moving customers freight. Moving customer service off shore is just one more example of just how clueless and out of touch they have become. Some days I feel like calling that same ******* prevention line, especially after driving a VNR through rush hour traffic.....

Don't you listen to Little Steven's Underground Garage (Ch 21) while in traffic in a VNR?