New Penn | Cutting Heads?

st. j vet

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone hear that the head of the safety department and the head of OS+D were let go today up in Lebonon? We heard that today from one of the local peddle drivers when he came back from his route. Said he got it from a reliable source.

Well, we haven't heard anymore talk about this so I guess it's another rumour that was trying to go around. Something like this would have traveled fast.

yes i heard that too

i heard the same thing. rich and i forget the os&d guys name. I heard they quit. rich went to new england or something like that. Either this is not good for new penn or they are cutting excess overlap in management. I am just worried that too many top executives are leaving because they see something going on. I don't think the green trucks are going to be moving around soon. Something is going to happen with holland. just my opinion. I hope i am wrong cause i have 9 years with new penn and i am only 30 years old. i just need 21 more :duh:

Welcome to the wonderful world of YR, slim and trim, gotta make those cost cutting job slashing savings.

[. Something is going to happen with holland. just my opinion. I hope i am wrong

So what do you think is going to happen to Holland? I would like your insight into our future!!

With Holland, or any of the other subsidiaries, no one has any clue what will happen, just speculation at best.
Give YRC much more time to refine and expand this massive operation before we see any real major changes.
Corporations tend to look out at 5 to 10 years in the future ... our biggest hurdle will be 3 years with the next contract.

flstc2000, You got the next hurdle right, and IF UPSF gets a contract with the teamsters it will probably be a white paper contract with a lot of concessions. Don't you think YRC and ABF will be crying for a "me too" contract if that contract happens? This next contract should be interesting.

os&d guys name was MOE GULIPSE or something like that,been with npme for along time, if it was he you guys talking about. hollands been haveing driver ads in hbg, paper for last 2-3 weeks. one rumor was they got bordner book account. they just opened 800,000 sq. ft. warehouse in carlisle, and are said to be hireing 500 people for warehouse. nothing is happening to npme per say, there selling npme&bestway-npme and reddaway, and makeing good money and profit from exchangeing freight. there makeing a killing just in fuel sur-charges.if these guys are leaveing, it's probably because they have been with npme back when we were the elite fleet, only now yellow is makeing npme deal with numbers that they didnt worry about before, and hounding TM's to make these numbers. os&d guy could go to a terminal if it was showing lots of claims and talk to the dock guys about problems and put procedures in place to correct any big problem with loading or unloading freight. now, npme hires any ******* that puts in a app. they have no clue what made npme the best- less claims, more work less men to do it, and on and on, anyone thats been here for awhile knows what i mean- i'm sure this frustrates old time excutives and much as it does me. if they leave now, they can still go to other companys with npme rep. behind them and command top dollar. everyone wants to know how npme does it. unlike us who would take a cut in pay if we left with that much experiance. with road guys getting back so late in the mornings as i have heard alot are, and all the time constraitents that city guys have with delivering and of course pick-ups, its hard to believe we can still show 95% overnight del. in the north-east, even with the fudgeing of numbers we all know they did years ago. if anything, the volume of freight we have now and is ever increaseing , will be the down fall of npme. our jobs are labor intensive and the computers can only do so much. ok, said enough, guess i had a few to many this morning and running my mouth again, good night.

allnightrain you've just described Holland 5 years ago to a tee. We all had the same concerns about the increased freight from sister companies. Holland also has lost most of our old guard and sales reps. YRC must put a lot of pressure on management to turn out good numbers. With the addition of our new TM (Memphis), our service has returned to levels Holland carried in the 90's. As you stated about city work, demands on us also has increased. You better have a good reason for bring-back freight. Change is not always bad, hang in there because as they say--- the cream always rises to the top. Later GRIZZ

serta said:
You guys have a terminal in allentown,PA?
This is the New Penn forum .... so NO, we don't have a terminal in Allentown. That point is serviced by our Reading terminal.
As with almost any carrier, go to their web site for terminal location and employment information.
www.newpenn.com

flstc2000 said:
This is the New Penn forum .... so NO, we don't have a terminal in Allentown. That point is serviced by our Reading terminal.
As with almost any carrier, go to their web site for terminal location and employment information.
www.newpenn.com
And this is free space as long as I don't abuse the rules.:smilie_132:

serta said:
And this is free space as long as I don't abuse the rules.:smilie_132:
All are welcome here .... and anyplace on these forums. I just didn't know if you guys meant Holland or New Penn ....
Besides .... we soon could all be the same ... someday soon !!!
Don't take the info I typed out as anything but information for those who might have been interested.