XPO | CVSA Brake check week is here!

So please don’t leave yard with ABS light on trailer or on tractor dash. Get caught with this on, is a violation, and if the officer wants, can put you out of service. So dam tired of getting to my meet, ABS light is on my dash, but some dingbat, cut the wire on the trailer ABS light. This solves nothing. You as a driver, can refuse to leave yard with this going on. One more thing, check your brake shoes, easiest problem to catch, easiest trailer to refuse to pull. Look out for the next driver, do your part, it’s your responsibility.

So please don’t leave yard with ABS light on trailer or on tractor dash. Get caught with this on, is a violation, and if the officer wants, can put you out of service. So dam tired of getting to my meet, ABS light is on my dash, but some dingbat, cut the wire on the trailer ABS light. This solves nothing. You as a driver, can refuse to leave yard with this going on. One more thing, check your brake shoes, easiest problem to catch, easiest trailer to refuse to pull. Look out for the next driver, do your part, it’s your responsibility.
I put three pieces of equipment oos Friday night before I even left the yard. Flat tire on a dolly, worn brake shoes on a loaded trailer, leaking brake can on a empty trailer. I was a little late to the FAC.

The common thought in all threads like this. XPO isn’t maintaining its equipment properly. We know and the DOT know it. Good luck everyone.
more and more new driver know NOTHING about brakes, were they are at or even how to inspect them. Do you know how hard it is to bend over and look at you brakes. Just look at this pic on the bonehead thread says it all

would be nice to have mirrors ,so you can see the blue lights flashing behind you in case smokey the bear wants to pull you over cause he wants to make some money for his state.

would be nice to have mirrors ,so you can see the blue lights flashing behind you in case smokey the bear wants to pull you over cause he wants to make some money for his state.

If you ignore him long enough. He will pull up by your window and bloop bloop the siren. Give you a proper good morning. Wake the hell up. Pull that thing over.

Sure. March into dispatch and tell them number 9 is OOS. Ask for another tractor please.

See how that goes. You would be looking for a new place to be employed.

My first tractor, a old Brigader. I filled out 6 sheets of those little DVIR reports. 50+ defects. OOS. Went into the shop counter and handed that in. Walked to the Drivers room poured coffee, settled in with a smoke.

Dispatch came out and said you still here? Get going yer late. Whats matta wid ya!

Truck OOS, in Shop boss. It will be a while.

I know they called me, we dont have time for that. Get going. The state put the truck out of service 10 miles down the road at the scales. And out of courtesy billed the company approximately 2000 dollars in tickets for the violations AND required about 6 or so service vehicles to come out to fix different things until the worst of them were fixed at the coop.

The following Day number 9 still had defects, I wrote that up. Went to the shop... etc.

Dispatch came out again and says YOU again WTF!?

Repeat the situation. This time the state said to me quit. Work for someone else before we write you tickets that you cannot afford. And when I walked in to quit on the end of the second day they said WTF?!

The company went out of business when ordered to by the state and had it's authority taken when they forgot the simple matter of annual property taxes on the yard.

Sure. March into dispatch and tell them number 9 is OOS. Ask for another tractor please.

See how that goes. You would be looking for a new place to be employed.

My first tractor, a old Brigader. I filled out 6 sheets of those little DVIR reports. 50+ defects. OOS. Went into the shop counter and handed that in. Walked to the Drivers room poured coffee, settled in with a smoke.

Dispatch came out and said you still here? Get going yer late. Whats matta wid ya!

Truck OOS, in Shop boss. It will be a while.

I know they called me, we dont have time for that. Get going. The state put the truck out of service 10 miles down the road at the scales. And out of courtesy billed the company approximately 2000 dollars in tickets for the violations AND required about 6 or so service vehicles to come out to fix different things until the worst of them were fixed at the coop.

The following Day number 9 still had defects, I wrote that up. Went to the shop... etc.

Dispatch came out again and says YOU again WTF!?

Repeat the situation. This time the state said to me quit. Work for someone else before we write you tickets that you cannot afford. And when I walked in to quit on the end of the second day they said WTF?!

The company went out of business when ordered to by the state and had it's authority taken when they forgot the simple matter of annual property taxes on the yard.
I'll take "this never happened" for $500, Alex.

I'll take "this never happened" for $500, Alex.
Im sorry that will cost you 500.

It did happen. The outfit I was hired on to taught me that they cannot be bothered with the iron being defective as long it goes forward in gear to get load to A. Worry about B later.

The outfit indeed went out of business due to failure to pay taxes on the property to the State and had their authority pulled in 1998. So their status as a motor carrier is definitely not able to operate in the USA.

I have a bunch more stories like that but since you are a tough customer I'll spare you the trouble.