FedEx Freight | Cycle Cycle Cycle..$#^%

I guess it's just us in Dal... Our term mgr has started this cycle thing, wanted all service frt in by 1800, which I understand, because of cut times... But, we are constantly pounded with messages on our handheld of Cycle, Cycle, Cycle. Some days, that's all I get. It's VERY FRUSTRATING, just wondered if Dal was alone in this. We had a meeting about the cut times, or "drop dead times" to leave our areas, and just can't help but wonder if the mgr thinks all these messages are helping his cause. I, for one, don't really care for them, :soapbox: I bust my #$$ every day out there, and don't feel that I need to be pushed.

I have never heard of that in my center.
Nothing wrong in hard work I do the same but
I will not be pushed by a dispacher or CCM.
End of story ........

Haven't heard of the cycle thing out here in DCU-If the freight doesn't get confirmed by1700 we don't move it unless it is a reclose.

killmypc said:
I guess it's just us in Dal... Our term mgr has started this cycle thing, wanted all service frt in by 1800, which I understand, because of cut times... But, we are constantly pounded with messages on our handheld of Cycle, Cycle, Cycle. Some days, that's all I get. It's VERY FRUSTRATING, just wondered if Dal was alone in this. We had a meeting about the cut times, or "drop dead times" to leave our areas, and just can't help but wonder if the mgr thinks all these messages are helping his cause. I, for one, don't really care for them, :soapbox: I bust my #$$ every day out there, and don't feel that I need to be pushed.
yea its kinda aggravating, we are supposed to take care of the customer and be safe and careful but it seems as if they try pushing a little too hard most days. the cycle cycle cycle messages stopped when we were past due for our bonus but then if you noticed they started as soon as we got the incentive checks. I get my freight back to the center by 1900 every day some days its closer to 1800 or earlier so they can make cut times and keep the cycle going so they can have our routes loaded for the next day, etc. However the only day my route trailer is ready when I get there is Monday because they load it Sat. of coarse. I do my part but the cycle never seems to work for me.

I hear ya Griz, if my trl is ready, it will be loaded all crazy, (3 bills to 1 stop, spread all over the trailer),or a skid of drums sitting right in the middle of the trl, not secured, so I reload before I leave, it would save me a lot of time if they would just bay it up.
I dont like the cycle messages, but I still try to get the frt back by 1900, most of the time I make it, but some of my p/u's aren't ready until 1730, and with an hour travel time, it's a little late sometimes.