XPO | D.E.S. & R.EV. coming to a sic near you

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
Anybody out there in XPO LTL land going through 'Dock Engineering Standards' training and 'Route Evaluation' coaching? We started it at our barn last week. According to management here 60 sic's have already completed it. Crank up the old stress machine another notch -again. Your thoughts if you've completed the training and have had your route scrutinized?

OK! I’ll go with a reply. XPO has figured out that in a lot of areas there isn’t enough freight to keep drivers busy for their eight hours. I know I don’t get my eight usually. Along with this thought, they are assuming drivers are slowing down in order to get their eight. So, screw eight, get it done in five. Go home!

We’ve gone thru both. So far it hasn’t been a big deal. I’ve had a few routes reviewed. They ask why your at a stop too long. Tell them why and they try to coach you to do better. The next day, you call and inform them there’s four trucks in front of you and ask the FOS what they want you to do. At the end of the day, they’ve wasted a bunch of time and money doing nothing.

Appointment at 1pm. Leave terminal at 11am with 3 stops and appointment is second stop. Get finished at first stop early and get to appointment early 1220. Wait for 20 minutes at appointment then check in ( drivers are not supposed to sit without checking in with dispatch every 20minutes )

At the appointment customer , driver has to let them know they are there , so they did at 1220. XPO dispatch pulls driver before the appointment at 1pm because he has been there for 20minutes. It's now 1245pm and driver has blown off appointment and customer is calling driver asking where are you when it hits 1pm.

Well at least XPO saved a few minutes. The appointment will be set again and freight will be re-delievered again and hopefully driver won't get there too early. And hopefully XPO doesn't look too foolish in the customer eyes. Numbers count , doing the job doesn't.

OK! I’ll go with a reply. XPO has figured out that in a lot of areas there isn’t enough freight to keep drivers busy for their eight hours. I know I don’t get my eight usually. Along with this thought, they are assuming drivers are slowing down in order to get their eight. So, screw eight, get it done in five. Go home!

Amen, we have guys at our terminal barely getting 6 or 7 hours then have 7 am starters getting 12 or 12.5 hrs b/c they are f***ing milking the clock daily! They are off for a week another guy covers it & done in less than 8 hours!

Ok what areas are you guys in working less than 8 I want to transfer at my barn I don’t think anyone’s putting in less than 10s and that’s on a “slow”day and THENNN the nice insult to injury is they put dock guys on inbound and keep saying they’re moving more up COMPLETELY over looking the fact the OB is not completely staffed so after running a pedal me and my fellow 10+ year coworkers get the honor of working the OB till it’s basically done at the tune of over $40 an hour while the new dock guys come in at 8 and pretty much 8 and skate doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that math doesn’t add up so between just myself and my buddy both 10+ year guys working the OB on OT you could pretty much bring in 5 dock workers for same cost but hey what do we know you just keep doing you XPO the kicker is from talking with people through out the company and a short lived TM that got it (was smart enough to RUN) this is not so much a company push rather a local power trip my coworker summed it up great if 11 years ago when we hired they would have said oh you’ll never move up so basically the start you get now you better like we would have both said no thanks rant over

Ok what areas are you guys in working less than 8 I want to transfer at my barn I don’t think anyone’s putting in less than 10s and that’s on a “slow”day and THENNN the nice insult to injury is they put dock guys on inbound and keep saying they’re moving more up COMPLETELY over looking the fact the OB is not completely staffed so after running a pedal me and my fellow 10+ year coworkers get the honor of working the OB till it’s basically done at the tune of over $40 an hour while the new dock guys come in at 8 and pretty much 8 and skate doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that math doesn’t add up so between just myself and my buddy both 10+ year guys working the OB on OT you could pretty much bring in 5 dock workers for same cost but hey what do we know you just keep doing you XPO the kicker is from talking with people through out the company and a short lived TM that got it (was smart enough to RUN) this is not so much a company push rather a local power trip my coworker summed it up great if 11 years ago when we hired they would have said oh you’ll never move up so basically the start you get now you better like we would have both said no thanks rant over
I'm pretty sure I know this driver. Well said.

For whatever reason , the emphasis is on dockworkers. The TM gets a hard-on whenever you mention dockworkers and seems to go out of the way to crap on drivers.

Okay , let's get rid of ALL drivers and have only dockworkers. How much freight moves then?

I run basically the same run every day if they want to ride along I'm all for it. Coaching from a computer printout is ridiculous.

In the last say 10 to 15 years I seen more and more of this. Someone tell me how to do my job and has never done my job. I would like to walk into Brad office and tell him how to do his job better. I sure sure he would be happy to take what I had to say to heart.

Asked at my barn if they were there and yes they were, I on LH and don't get that training. I was told asked anyone if they really cared about it. We miss more P/U now then we every did. I thinking it must be the new/been here 5 months dispatcher

Appointment at 1pm. Leave terminal at 11am with 3 stops and appointment is second stop. Get finished at first stop early and get to appointment early 1220. Wait for 20 minutes at appointment then check in ( drivers are not supposed to sit without checking in with dispatch every 20minutes )

At the appointment customer , driver has to let them know they are there , so they did at 1220. XPO dispatch pulls driver before the appointment at 1pm because he has been there for 20minutes. It's now 1245pm and driver has blown off appointment and customer is calling driver asking where are you when it hits 1pm.

Well at least XPO saved a few minutes. The appointment will be set again and freight will be re-delievered again and hopefully driver won't get there too early. And hopefully XPO doesn't look too foolish in the customer eyes. Numbers count , doing the job doesn't.
Why does customer have drivers phone number? Make them call the genius behind the move

Just ignore and weather this. It will pass, like all the other rediculous programs Conway did.
I disagree.....we have already seen this platform at my place. It's being used to control dsr and dw production, as well accountability for almost every minute of your time spent in the street. Already seen a termination based off this new program. Won't be very long before it has the same use as the cameras.... discipline.
It's not going anywhere with XPO talking about real time tracking of your shipment and up to the minute expectations of delivery.

Anybody out there in XPO LTL land going through 'Dock Engineering Standards' training and 'Route Evaluation' coaching? We started it at our barn last week. According to management here 60 sic's have already completed it. Crank up the old stress machine another notch -again. Your thoughts if you've completed the training and have had your route scrutinized?

Not stressful at all. I keep doing less and they keep telling me I am doing more. Literally working the slowest that I am comfortable doing. It's my peers that are so incompetent and incapable that are making me look so much more productive. This ain't the old days any more. Simply being proficient makes you exemplary.

I beat my route times by hours nearly everyday. Customers are so happy to see me and not some new guy. It's made my days much easier. Still run into typical hang ups and snags. But, these drivers they are putting in trucks now just lower the bar so far. It's amazing. Such a different world we are living in, now a days.