XPO | D.E.S. & R.EV. coming to a sic near you

OK! I’ll go with a reply. XPO has figured out that in a lot of areas there isn’t enough freight to keep drivers busy for their eight hours. I know I don’t get my eight usually. Along with this thought, they are assuming drivers are slowing down in order to get their eight. So, screw eight, get it done in five. Go home!

Okay, one. Frak you. Damn you straight to hell. Not even working eight. I can't get out of this place.

Two. If you have to try that hard to drag a five hour job into eight, then you should know it's time to find some gainful employment. Another barn or another company or another career.

Not stressful at all. I keep doing less and they keep telling me I am doing more. Literally working the slowest that I am comfortable doing. It's my peers that are so incompetent and incapable that are making me look so much more productive. This ain't the old days any more. Simply being proficient makes you exemplary.

I beat my route times by hours nearly everyday. Customers are so happy to see me and not some new guy. It's made my days much easier. Still run into typical hang ups and snags. But, these drivers they are putting in trucks now just lower the bar so far. It's amazing. Such a different world we are living in, now a days.
I'm not so sure that those times aren't self adjusting. Keep beating the estimations, they tighten up some.

I'm not so sure that those times aren't self adjusting. Keep beating the estimations, they tighten up some.

I got a inbound/city bid. I don't see the same route day to day. It's whatever isn't covered. So today I have it. Tomorrow the next guy. I am not working at the standard that I set. But the standard my peers have set for me. And I am grateful for their effort, or lack thereof.

Okay, one. Frak you. Damn you straight to hell. Not even working eight. I can't get out of this place.

Two. If you have to try that hard to drag a five hour job into eight, then you should know it's time to find some gainful employment. Another barn or another company or another career.
I understand not all areas are the same. I only told you about my home terminal. Most of us aren’t getting a full eight hours. We have gone from 20 line haul runs to 10 or less over the last few years. Sorry you’re so over worked. Con-way started this mess and XPO put it on steroids.

And as for your point #2, I’ve paid state and federal income taxes for 50+ years. I’m going to ride this ship until it sinks. Then, sir, I’ll live on your dime. Hey, y’all voted that way, I’m going with it! Nuff said.

In the last say 10 to 15 years I seen more and more of this. Someone tell me how to do my job and has never done my job. I would like to walk into Brad office and tell him how to do his job better. I sure sure he would be happy to take what I had to say to heart.

Asked at my barn if they were there and yes they were, I on LH and don't get that training. I was told asked anyone if they really cared about it. We miss more P/U now then we every did. I thinking it must be the new/been here 5 months dispatcher
I thought everything was perfect at your barn ?

I understand not all areas are the same. I only told you about my home terminal. Most of us aren’t getting a full eight hours. We have gone from 20 line haul runs to 10 or less over the last few years. Sorry you’re so over worked. Con-way started this mess and XPO put it on steroids.

I should have added more levity to my post. I know that you know I am just busting your balls. But it did come off more harsh than I wanted.

It's hard to imagine, from where I am, that any where in the system there are terminals that are hurting for freight and over staffed. That isn't the world I am living in.

And as for your point #2, I’ve paid state and federal income taxes for 50+ years. I’m going to ride this ship until it sinks. Then, sir, I’ll live on your dime. Hey, y’all voted that way, I’m going with it! Nuff said.

That's the American way. You work and pay into the system. And then you get something out of it. That's how it's supposed to work, any way.

I should have added more levity to my post. I know that you know I am just busting your balls. But it did come off more harsh than I wanted.

It's hard to imagine, from where I am, that any where in the system there are terminals that are hurting for freight and over staffed. That isn't the world I am living in.
Linehaul drivers are constantly telling me about fenced loads for days. Weeks maybe. Due to lack of drivers. Pulling drivers off of their bids to run due to drivers leaving ( one way or another ) Ads posted for dockworkers to drive yard dogs.

I asked a driver that used to fill in for the FOS's would he come back and he said "not if it was the last job on earth"

XPO has a BAD reputation in just a few years during a booming economy. What will it look like when there is an economic downturn?

Linehaul drivers are constantly telling me about fenced loads for days. Weeks maybe. Due to lack of drivers. Pulling drivers off of their bids to run due to drivers leaving ( one way or another ) Ads posted for dockworkers to drive yard dogs.

I asked a driver that used to fill in for the FOS's would he come back and he said "not if it was the last job on earth"

XPO has a BAD reputation in just a few years during a booming economy. What will it look like when there is an economic downturn?

Doing P&D I see all these different businesses that have moved into the old docks of long gone outfits. I often try and picture our yard full of lumber or parked containers.

It seems there's a dual reputation one based in reality from people on the ground in day to day operations who see things as bad.
The other is the one Jacobs is creating for Wall Street and pumping that stock price.
The danger is the point where reality meets the spin for Wall Street. There will be a pinnacle for the stock price. There will be a point where reality based reputation will have a further effect on organic growth. ( if we all ready haven't)
We are at a crisis point currently,despite the booming economy. I have seen no attempts to build employee engagement, nothing to increase customer service and satisfaction . I am perplexed by this to say the least.
True talent knows how to run businesses better and make improvements not just make cuts from the inside to trim cost .

Every FAC is different. We had at least two late vans and two late pups (came in around 3am) that didn’t get touched. I don’t want to work them any more then the next guy, but if we don’t service our customers, we offer nothing as a company.

Remember when we were still Con-way and we all thought this was a rudderless ship and then we got sold. Feels a lot the same right now.