Yellow | D.O.T. checks

like i said it is illegal to drive 12 hrs a day trucking usa. Thats why you work for a union company so you do not have to do that .If you get in a accident and kill somebody even if it not your fault you can be charged with man slaughter. Is that worth it to you? or are you such a company man you would rather kiss as- than be a man cause your to scared the company might be madd at you. You know back in the day people used to get their knee caps broken for being a sca- maybe we need to go back to that to stop all the company whor--. Sad but true

thegr8one said:
I heard that DOT is pulling Roadway driver's logs! Get ready to see some fines on the greedy drivers..
When & Where???

I'm led to believe dot has started already. Don't be fool isn't at the dot check points, dot are pulling log records from the company. Remember when they did it to CF, drivers and CF were fined. I got no facts but was told by insider of Big R.

Right on glad to here dot is pulling logs. Hope all the greedy whor-- get big fines . What comes around goes around. teamster unity

While I don't hope they get fined, if thats the only thing that gets them to wake up and play by the rules, so be it.:duh: :chairshot:

No sir I am not a OKC driver and will not define which terminal I run out of, the people involved in this issue can probably figure it out and since we can't publically humiliate on this board or use names I will just say, Thanks OKC brothers, you really are some swell guys

truckinusa said:
The company has told us they won't come out to get us if we are short. I guess this is their way of coercing drivers to break the law.

The company can not do this, they have to come and get you, there is no sleeper berth, and no place to sleep, if this happens and a dispatcher tells you the same, just say no problem my next call is too the D.O.T. Another way to stop it is to NOT call ahead and tell them, run till your exact 11th hour and then call in, they have to come and get you, its breaking the law. Don't let them harass you, this problem is growing everyday and most of us are taking it, we need to stand up together and stop the B/S that is going on with management right now!!!!

pullintriples said:
The company can not do this, they have to come and get you, there is no sleeper berth, and no place to sleep, if this happens and a dispatcher tells you the same, just say no problem my next call is too the D.O.T. Another way to stop it is to NOT call ahead and tell them, run till your exact 11th hour and then call in, they have to come and get you, its breaking the law. Don't let them harass you, this problem is growing everyday and most of us are taking it, we need to stand up together and stop the B/S that is going on with management right now!!!!
I don't believe they legally have to come and get a guy who's out of driving hours. The thing to do is be right at a motel when you call. I've been to many grievance hearings and I've heard alot of the Committee guys say if you can't make it go to bed. Of course the Company has to pay for the motel.

Pretty sure they legally don't have to come out to get you. Stldude44 got it right, make sure your by a hotel, a 5 star hotel with no others around. Hell if you got to go to bed, make them pay for it.

serta said:
Pretty sure they legally don't have to come out to get you. Stldude44 got it right, make sure your by a hotel, a 5 star hotel with no others around. Hell if you got to go to bed, make them pay for it.
We just had a guy run out of hours (due to breakdown) on his way from St. Paul to Chicago just before you get off of I-90 onto I-290, I think in Hoffman Estates. Chicago showed no interest in coming to get him. The room was almost $150.00. What I see is that some guys either won't do this so they won't be inconvienienced or they don't want to make the Company mad at them. One thing most of us know.....if you show the Company that you won't stick up for yourself, you paint a target on your butt for the rest of your career.

Lol, one thing I know, the company knows were I stand. Truefully, I always call well in advance to let them know that I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, and that it will be close. Reason being is that when I was on Bid(unfortunately not anymore), they had the choice to pick me up or put me to bed. If they put me to bed, they knew they were paying all time in bed since I gave them notice. But for xtraboard workers, they try to make you go as far as possible, so they could get you. Like I said earlier, find the nicest hotel and park it there and call. Don't let them try to make you go to another hotel, tell them you are out of hours and this is it. Come get me or put me to bed, thats your option.

Your so right pullintriples. So many people are doing this and the company loves it. Like I said greed has taken over. We need to stop this.Why cant we stick together.Is it that hard I am pround to be a teamster, but it is getting very hard anymore

stldude44 said:
We just had a guy run out of hours (due to breakdown) on his way from St. Paul to Chicago just before you get off of I-90 onto I-290, I think in Hoffman Estates. Chicago showed no interest in coming to get him. The room was almost $150.00. What I see is that some guys either won't do this so they won't be inconvienienced or they don't want to make the Company mad at them. One thing most of us know.....if you show the Company that you won't stick up for yourself, you paint a target on your butt for the rest of your career.
And when you do this remember there is a new policy out of Akron, no more paid receipts of over $100 out of petty cash at the terminal, they will cut you a check and they say you will get it in 4-6 weeks, and yes they do have to come and get you if you are at your 11th hour and no motel around, you can not legally sleep in a day cab..

pullintriples said:
...and yes they do have to come and get you if you are at your 11th hour and no motel around, you can not legally sleep in a day cab..
Hey pullin....thanks for the info. I'm not doubting your info but, is this written anywhere?? For our guys running into their 11th hour this would be great. I work the dock so I don't have anything but what I'm told. Thanks, DS.

Yesterday 2 Roadway drivers got find in Ohio or just across into Pa. Dot pull them over to view their logs and quess what. Running over on their 70, one over by 5hrs and other one by 4.5 hrs. Was it worth the extra $150 dollars, I think NOT with a $500 fines...... I warn ya!!!!

thegr8one said:
Yesterday 2 Roadway drivers got find in Ohio or just across into Pa. Dot pull them over to view their logs and quess what. Running over on their 70, one over by 5hrs and other one by 4.5 hrs. Was it worth the extra $150 dollars, I think NOT with a $500 fines...... I warn ya!!!!
And just where do these "Prides of Roadway" work out of?$500 in fines for an extra $150. Plus a couple of days in the street! Yep! Brown noising really did wonders fot these guys!

Docksteward said:
Hey pullin....thanks for the info. I'm not doubting your info but, is this written anywhere?? For our guys running into their 11th hour this would be great. I work the dock so I don't have anything but what I'm told. Thanks, DS.
this info should be in the DOT guidelines book, dont have one around anymore or I would research it myself, just cuz it's Roadway or YRW (whatever we're called this week) doesn't mean they are above the DOT, you have to have proper sleeping quarters which on the truck must be an enclosed sleeper birth, which to me doesn't mean the floor of the cab, yes i agree stopping at with a motel nearby is the best idea, but doing this gives the company an excuse to keep pressuring the greedy ones to make it that little bit over the line. What i was originally trying to say is if you want to stop this, don't give them a way out of it by stopping at a hotel, who have you inconvienced by this?, they still have to pay for it whether you make it or not, if you sternly point out to them they are breaking the law and encouraging drivers to do it, it will stop, this contest of who has the biggest "unit" will get us no where, we have to be smart about this