D.O.T. inspection

Lazer

WWG1WGA
Credits
this past week got pulled into a Texas DPS roadside inspection site, all paperwork in order, company has Qualcomm, so no issue there, one trooper with the creeper does the under unit inspection and finds one brake out of adjustment on the trailer due to the automatic slack adjuster not functioning. trooper tells it just a warning to the company, not me. turn all paperwork that afternoon to my company, 3 days latter I get a nasty from the safety dept. claiming I failed to do proper pre-trip, I'm like WTF!! the letter from safety aint the issue with me, I'll just use it wipe my rear,the issue is the 12 points.

We
this past week got pulled into a Texas DPS roadside inspection site, all paperwork in order, company has Qualcomm, so no issue there, one trooper with the creeper does the under unit inspection and finds one brake out of adjustment on the trailer due to the automatic slack adjuster not functioning. trooper tells it just a warning to the company, not me. turn all paperwork that afternoon to my company, 3 days latter I get a nasty from the safety dept. claiming I failed to do proper pre-trip, I'm like WTF!! the letter from safety aint the issue with me, I'll just use it wipe my rear,the issue is the 12 points.
Welcome to corporate america where its your fault make no difference what the issue is.

i never in MY LIFE, crawled under a truck, and checked slack adjustments, on an automatic adjuster.

and i NEVER WILL...but then too.....my thread, is self explanatory....

less on this, later.

When I was still working at UPS Freight I was pulled into a rest area,for the DOT fine tooth inspection.
I was dead lined with a left trailer brake out of adjustment.
I called in & waited for they guy the mechanic to come out & make it right.
The DOT officer saw they guy laying on the dolly under the trailer & issued me a get out of jail free to go pass.
Our mechanic could have done nothing,but yes he fixed it.
I handed over the DOT inspection report to my UPS Freight dispatcher I never heard anything about it.

Out of my 45 year driving career I think I was only taken out of service twice.
I was directed into a lot of inspection checks over the years,however I was usually just flagged on.
The times I was held up,I wasn't happy about it,but I guess the DOT have to show they are doing something for their paychecks,like the rest of us were.

......one trooper with the creeper does the under unit inspection and finds one brake out of adjustment on the trailer due to the automatic slack adjuster not functioning.

Used to be (in 1999), WE Drivers could adjust our Tractor AND Trailer Brakes however often WE wanted, then some bureaucrats (probably republicants) decided WE were not allowed to do such adjustments UNLESS WE had certifications (or were recent Mechanics).
Then the flip-flop crud began: Yes you can, NO you cannot. I do not since I need not.

Brakes go OUT of "adjustment" the first time they're applied.

Regardless of "maintenance":
  1. Slack "adjusters" don't.
  2. "Automatic" adjusters usually freeze.
  3. One brake "out of adjustment" will not cause any problem.