Yellow | D.O.T. voliations at 211

M

metroman

My Friend who runs Arkon every trip was telling me how some of the East drivers going to 211 are nowere near the running times.That's bad enough but for some reason 211 is letting some of these drivers leave in less than 10 hours off rest.
Last time I checked that was a BIG,BIG NO-NO as far as the D.O.T. was concerned:poster_oops: Look for someone to drop a dime to whomever to put a stop to this!:police:
Anybody else hear about this?

I know since the BIG COO earlier this year the drivers barley have the time to make it legal. To several places. All they would have to do is turn up the DA*M trucks. Hell I can only pass a school bus now. Activity bus??? forget it. I just don't understand it....

youve got to watch the punches on your pay cards esspecially 251 and others .the time clocks are off at most of the term. and if they call you in 8 for 10 that is when you can get in trouble. altho I dont know how a guy that came in behind me ,left ahead of me and i left in 10 can get away with it??

Toxic said:
I know since the BIG COO earlier this year the drivers barley have the time to make it legal. To several places. All they would have to do is turn up the DA*M trucks. Hell I can only pass a school bus now. Activity bus??? forget it. I just don't understand it....
Toxic,
Greed and the willingness to fall for the old "If we don't do it some other terminal will" mindset are what is responsible for these unmakeable runs being "made"........some guys think that as long as they do it in under 14 hours and log it in 11 they're ok. Someday it'll happen that a guy gets involved in an accident....either the DOT or the other vehicles lawyer will get ahold of the engines computer printout and the Company will be sued for millions and the driver fired.......just wait, it'll happen.

The Companies have no desire to turn the trucks up as long as guys are willing to lie and screw each other.

stldude44 said:
Toxic,
Greed and the willingness to fall for the old "If we don't do it some other terminal will" mindset are what is responsible for these unmakeable runs being "made"........some guys think that as long as they do it in under 14 hours and log it in 11 they're ok. Someday it'll happen that a guy gets involved in an accident....either the DOT or the other vehicles lawyer will get ahold of the engines computer printout and the Company will be sued for millions and the driver fired.......just wait, it'll happen.

The Companies have no desire to turn the trucks up as long as guys are willing to lie and screw each other.
Boy thats the truth here! Money is evil and people will do amazing things just to get one more nickle.

What can I say you both are telling the truth. I see it every day.....And stldude you are wright.. it will happen and it will cost big time.....

Sad this is becoming a very weak union no unity anymore to many card carying sca--. Back in the day a man would get his a-- kicked for doing these things . Welcome to the new teamsters.

I had a copy of a company posting in one of the city term.but I lost it.It read the logging of trips is the drivers responsibility-roadway takes no responsibility on how the driver logs.
It is there log book!

gopher said:
I had a copy of a company posting in one of the city term.but I lost it.It read the logging of trips is the drivers responsibility-roadway takes no responsibility on how the driver logs.
It is there log book!

it is a shared responsibility as per the FMCSR
as if they do not keep track of your hours they are fined and held accountable as an offender also

your log book is your responsibility but if you falsify your log it is on you most definetly but it also falls on them to do the math as they cannot claim ignorance:wink1:

stldude44 said:
Toxic,

driver who is in violation and has an accident will not only lose his job but will also subject himself to being sued by the company for any losses incurred as a direct result of his gross negligence
so i ask you is that extra couple of hours pay or some extra miles really worth it?
think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
poster_stupid:

big steve said:
driver who is in violation and has an accident will not only lose his job but will also subject himself to being sued by the company for any losses incurred as a direct result of his gross negligence
so i ask you is that extra couple of hours pay or some extra miles really worth it?
think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
poster_stupid:

Last week, I wanted to run 187 to 135 and back for an extra day's pay. When I called 135. told them I had 10 1/4 available, which is totally doable even in a 58mph truck, they said "if you break down, you're screwed" . I stayed home that day. This week I made enough OT so I didn't even have to consider Sat. work.

Animo916 said:
Last week, I wanted to run 187 to 135 and back for an extra day's pay. When I called 135. told them I had 10 1/4 available, which is totally doable even in a 58mph truck, they said "if you break down, you're screwed" . I stayed home that day. This week I made enough OT so I didn't even have to consider Sat. work.
Just think, If your married you made her happy to stay home with the family!!!!!:wink1: