Yellow | Daily bill count-system wide

Even with all of this information about how bad we have "shrunk" in the last year, Dollar Bill still loves to tell everyone at these quarterly meetings and investment conferences how great the integration is. Amazing this guy still has a job, and many others like myself, that showed up to our terminals everyday and did our jobs the way we supposed to, are left laid off and empty handed. The least Hoffa could do is lobby Zollars out of a job....but I forgot, Jim and Bill are buddies.

keep in mind...we are told by YRC that this new COO we will hear in dallas is based on a 45K daily bill count...so in my mind...it has failed, even before we can get it implemented?....KK

On the last analyst call Zollars said that he expected a daily average of 47,000. To my knowledge, that number has not been hit even once. Odds are he will blame the weather....

I thought the same thing and yes he did say that.. Here's the transcript..........

Edward Wolfe -- Wolfe ResearchSo you would expect first quarter shipments when we see them in three months, they will be above the 47.7?

Bill Zollars
Should be, yes. And the other thing I would point out is the yield trends that continued as well.

He also said we were done with the closing of terminals for now.......... Then 3 weeks later another change..........

Jason Seidl -- Dahlman Rose

Getting back to the size of the network, you’re down to about 360 facilities. Given the trends that you guys are seeing, Bill and Tim are you comfortable with the network at the size or do you think there still might be some additional rightsizing going forward?

Bill ZollarsI think networks never stay the same for very long and there will be additional tweaking, but I think we feel like we’ve got a good balance now between the volumes we’re handling and the capacity and the network. So for now I think we’re in pretty good shape.

Lies !!

When I was on light duty during WC. I worked in the dock office. There is a report sheet that goes around. Now I didn't know for everywhere, but I did know for 309 of how many bills received and sent out for that day.

[quote author=electraglideatl link=topic=76855.msg813640#msg813640 date=1268749487]
How in the world do you guys find the daily bill counts?...... :o
[/quote]

DUH!....yeah, like I'm gonna give out my trade secrets on here?... ;)....KK

[/quote]
If they say we need X # of bills to be profitable but wont bring in the people to get to that bill count how are we going to make it?
Hmmm maybe thats why im a dumb trucker and Zollars is the CEO. :o

[quote author=Renscout link=topic=76855.msg813686#msg813686 date=1268761828]

[/quote]
If they say we need X # of bills to be profitable but wont bring in the people to get to that bill count how are we going to make it?
Hmmm maybe thats why im a dumb trucker and Zollars is the CEO. :o
[/quote]

10-4

I think the bankers reading TB are getting a clue. Hence the increased management layoffs and worker recalls. I think there was expectation on some level that management at lower levels would "pitch in" and work, like they are required to do at non union companies.

[move]The Fog is Lifting Slowly!!![/move]